- Volume 13 Issue 1
This study presents an application of adaptive particle swarm optimization (APSO) to solving the bi-level job-shop scheduling problem (JSP). The test problem presented here is
Adaptive Particle Swarm Optimization;Job-Shop Scheduling;Bi-level Programming
- Ai, T. J. and Kachitvichyanukul, V. (2007), Dispersion and velocity indices for observing dynamic behavior of particle swarm optimization, Proceedings of the IEEE Congress on Evolutionary Computation, Singapore, 3264-3271.
- Ai, T. J. and Kachitvichyanukul, V. (2008a), A study on adaptive particle swarm optimization for solving vehicle routing problems, Proceedings of the 9th Asia Pacific Industrial Engineering and Management Systems Conference, Bali, Indonesia.
- Ai, T. J. and Kachitvichyanukul, V. (2008b), Adaptive particle swarm optimization algorithms, Proceedings of the 4th International Conference on Intelligent Logistics Systems, Shanghai, China, 460-469.
- Arumugam, M. S. and Rao, M. V. C. (2008), On the improved performances of the particle swarm optimization algorithms with adaptive parameters, cross-over operators and root mean square (RMS) variants for computing optimal control of a class of hybrid systems, Applied Soft Computing, 8(1), 324-336. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.asoc.2007.01.010
- Chander, A., Chatterjee, A., and Siarry, P. (2011), A new social and momentum component adaptive PSO algorithm for image segmentation, Expert Systems with Applications, 38(5), 4998-5004. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.eswa.2010.09.151
- Kasemset, C. (2009), TOC based job-shop scheduling, dissertation, Asian Institute of Technology, Pathumthani, Thailand.
- Cheng, R., Gen, M., and Tsujimura, Y. (1996), A tutorial survey of job-shop scheduling problems using genetic algorithms: I. Representation, Computers and Industrial Engineering, 30(4), 983-997. https://doi.org/10.1016/0360-8352(96)00047-2
- Gao, Y. and Ren, Z. (2007), Adaptive particle swarm optimization algorithm with genetic mutation operation, Proceedings of the 3rd International Conference on Natural Computation, Haikou, China, 211-215.
- Kachitvichyanukul, V. (2012), Comparison of three evolutionary algorithms: GA, PSO, and DE, Industrial Engineering and Management Systems, 11(3), 215-223 https://doi.org/10.7232/iems.2012.11.3.215
- Kasemset, C. and Kachitvichyanukul, V. (2007), Simulation- based procedure for bottleneck identification. In: AsiaSim 2007, Springer, Heidelberg, Germany, 47-55.
- Kasemset, C. and Kachitvichyanukul, V. (2010), Bi-level multi-objective mathematical model for job-shop scheduling: the application of Theory of Constraints, International Journal of Production Research, 48 (20), 6137-6154. https://doi.org/10.1080/00207540903176705
- Kasemset, C. and Kachitvichyanukul, V. (2012), A PSObased procedure for a bi-level multi-objective TOCbased job-shop scheduling problem, International Journal of Operational Research, 14(1), 50-69. https://doi.org/10.1504/IJOR.2012.046343
- Kennedy, J. and Eberhart, R. (1995), Particle swarm optimization, Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Neural Network, Perth, WA, 1942-1948.
- Kimms A. (1999), A genetic algorithm for multi-level, multi-machine lot sizing and scheduling, Computers and Operations Research, 26(8), 829-848. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0305-0548(98)00089-6
- Kuo, R. J. and Huang, C. C. (2009), Application of particle swarm optimization algorithm for solving bilevel linear programming problem, Computers and Mathematics with Applications, 58(4), 678-685. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.camwa.2009.02.028
- Kuo, R. J. and Han, Y. S. (2011), A hybrid of genetic algorithm and particle swarm optimization for solving bi-level linear programming problem: a case study on supply chain model, Applied Mathematical Modelling, 35(8), 6905-3917.
- Lei, D. (2008), A Pareto archive particle swarm optimization for multi-objective job shop scheduling, Computers and Industrial Engineering, 54(4), 960-971. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cie.2007.11.007
- Pan, Q. K., Fatih Tasgetiren, M., and Liang, Y. C. (2008), A discrete particle swarm optimization algorithm for the no-wait flowshop scheduling problem, Computers and Operations Research, 35(9), 2807-2839. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cor.2006.12.030
- Lian, Z., Jiao, B., and Gu, X. (2006), A similar particle swarm optimization algorithm for job-shop scheduling to minimize makespan, Applied Mathematics and Computation, 183(2), 1008-1017. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.amc.2006.05.168
- Lin, F. R., Shaw, M. J., and Locascio, A. (1997), Scheduling printed circuit board production systems using the two-level scheduling approach, Journal of Manufacturing Systems, 16(2), 129-149. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0278-6125(97)85676-2
- Logendran, R., Mai, L., and Talkington, D. (1995), Combined heuristics for bi-level group scheduling problems, International Journal of Production Economics, 38(2/3), 133-145. https://doi.org/10.1016/0925-5273(94)00083-M
- Pezzella, F., Morganti, G., and Ciaschetti, G. (2008), A genetic algorithm for the flexible job-shop scheduling problem, Computers and Operations Research, 35(10), 3202-3212. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cor.2007.02.014
- Pongchairerks, P. and Kachitvichyanukul, V. (2009), A two-level particle swarm optimisation algorithm on job-shop scheduling problems, International Journal of Operational Research, 4(4), 390-411. https://doi.org/10.1504/IJOR.2009.023535
- Pratchayaborirak, T. and Kachitvichyanukul, V. (2011), A two-stage PSO algorithm for job shop scheduling problem, International Journal of Management Science and Engineering Management, 6(2), 83-92.
- Rahimi-Vahed, A. R. and Mirghorbani, S. M. (2007), A multi-objective particle swarm for a flow shop scheduling problem, Journal of Combinatorial Optimization, 13(1), 79-102.
- Semnani, S. H. and Zamanifar, K. (2010), New approach to multi-level processor scheduling, International Journal on Artificial Intelligence Tools, 19(3), 335-346. https://doi.org/10.1142/S0218213010000212
- Sha, D. Y. and Hsu, C. Y. (2006), A hybrid particle swarm optimization for job shop scheduling problem, Computers and Industrial Engineering, 51(4), 791-808. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cie.2006.09.002
- Shi, Y. and Eberhart, R. (1998), A modified particle swarm optimizer, Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Evolutionary Computation, Anchorage, AK, 69-73.
- Ueno, G., Yasuda, K., and Iwasaki, N. (2005), Robust adaptive particle swarm optimization, Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Systems, Man and Cybernetics, Waikoloa, HI, 3915-3920.
- Wisittipanich, W. and Kachitvichyanukul, V. (2013), An efficient PSO algorithm for finding Pareto-frontier in multi-objective job shop scheduling problems, Industrial Engineering and Management Systems, 12(2), 151-160. https://doi.org/10.7232/iems.2013.12.2.151
- Xia, W. and Wu, Z. (2005), An effective hybrid optimization approach for multi-objective flexible jobshop scheduling problems, Computers and Industrial Engineering, 48(2), 409-425. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cie.2005.01.018
- Zhang, G., Shao, X., Li, P., and Gao, L. (2009), An effective hybrid particle swarm optimization algorithm for multi-objective flexible job-shop scheduling problem, Computers and Industrial Engineering, 56(4), 1309-1318. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cie.2008.07.021
- Schedulability Analysis for Noncyclic Operation of Time-Constrained Cluster Tools With Time Variation vol.13, pp.3, 2016, https://doi.org/10.1109/TASE.2016.2531105