- Volume 24 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Effects of the Upright Body Type Exercise Program on Postures and Foot Balance in Female High School Students
바른체형 운동프로그램이 여자고등학생의 자세 및 발의 균형감에 미치는 영향
- Son, Nam-Young (Department of Physical Education, College of Education, Silla University) ;
- Lee, Joong-Sook (Department of Physical Education, College of Education, Silla University) ;
- Kim, Joo-Hyeok (Department of Rehabilitation Exercise & Health, Busan Institute of Science and Technology)
- Received : 2014.01.18
- Accepted : 2014.03.19
- Published : 2014.03.31
The purpose of this study was to investigate the degree of improvement of posture and foot balance between the exercise group and the control group after upright body type exercise program of 12 weeks with 14 female students in B female high school. According to the procedure of this study, following conclusion came out. First, The change of head's posture became near a centerline and a significant decrease from
- ACSM (2006). ACSM's guidelines for exercise testing and prescription, 7th Ed., Lippincott Williams and Wilkins, Piladelphia.
- Alexander K. & LaPier T. (1998). Difference in static balance and weight distribution between normal subjects and subjects with chronic unilateral low back pain. Journal of Orthopaedic Sports and Physical Therapy, 28(6), 378-383. https://doi.org/10.2519/jospt.19220.127.116.118
- Bae, S. S., Kim, B. J., & Lee, K. H. (2001). Study for muscle imbalance of head, neck, shoulder. The Korean Society of Physical Therapy. 13(3), 769-776.
- Barr, K. P., Griggs M., & Cadby, T. (2005). Lumbar stabilization: core concepts and current literature. Part I. American Journal of Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation., 84(6), 473-480. https://doi.org/10.1097/01.phm.0000163709.70471.42
- Bullock (1993). Chiropractic and pilates therapy for the treatment of adult scoliosis. Journal of Manipulative Physiological Therapy, 25(4), E3.
- Cho, D. S. J. (2010). Analysis of basis fitness, body composition and feet balance on the pilates mat exercise in 20's women. WonKwang University.
- Choi, H. S., Kwon, O. Y., Yi, C. H., Jeon, H. S., & Oh, J. S. (2005). The comparison of trunk muscle activities during sling and mat exercise. Korean Academy of University Trained Physical Therapists, 12(1), 1-10.
- Duckworth T, Betts R. P., Franks C. L., & Burke J. (1982). The measurement of pressure under the foot. Foot angle, 3(3), 130-141. https://doi.org/10.1177/107110078200300303
- Giles L. G. & Taylor J. R. (1981). Low-back pain associated with leg-length inequality. Journal of Spinal Disorder & Techniques, 6(5), 510-521.
- Gong, W. D., Ma, S. R., Kim, T. H. (2009). Effect of balance ability on ankle joint operation for supination foot. Korean Data and Information Science Society. 20(3), 527-539.
- Graves, J. E., Pollock, M. L., Carpenter, D. M., Leggett, S. H., Jones, A. A., Macmillan, M., & Fulton, M. (1990). Quantitative assessment of full range of motion isometric lumbar extension strength. Journal of Spinal Disorder & Techniques, 15(4), 289-294.
- Health Insurance Review & Assessment (2011). Health Insurance Review & Assessment Service. http://www.hira.or.kr/ main.do
- Hughes, J., Kriss, S. & Klenerman, L. (1987). A clinician's view of foot pressure: A comparison of three different methods of measurement. Foot Angle, 7(5), 277-284. https://doi.org/10.1177/107110078700700503
- Hwang, S. G. (2012). Effect of attitudes and foot balance on pilates mat exercise in adult male. Unpublished master's thesis, MyoungJi University.
- Hyong,, I. H., Lee, G. C., & An, W. H. (2009). The Effect of manipulation and lumbar stabilization exercise with chronic low back pain on the lumbar range of motion and pain for 2 Weeks. Journal of Sport and Leisure Studies, 37(2), 957-965.
- Kang, H. S. (2007). Effect of the Bareunmom (straight body form) physical exercise therapy on shoulder pain. Unpublished master's thesis, Chosun University.
- Kerry J. D. & George B. R. (1997). Positional release therapy. Mosby-Year Book, 1-38.
- Kim, C. H., Kim, W. M., & Lee, H. W. (2012). Effects of 8 weeks lumbar stabilization exercise program on the muscle's crosssectional area, pain and dynamic balancing capability of patients with lumbar disk herniation. The Korean Journal of Physical Education, 51(1), 451-461.
- Kim, E. S., Yang, J. O., & Lee, J. S. (2013). Utilization of Sport Biomechanics for the Upright Body Type Exercise Program (Centering in Female Middle School Students). Korean Journal of Sport Biomechanics, 23(3), 261-270. https://doi.org/10.5103/KJSB.2013.23.3.261
- Kim, H. H. (2007). Abdominal muscles function for patients with the chronic low back pain. Journal of Korea Sport Research, 18(4), 135-146.
- Kim, S. H. (2008). Plain spinal disorders 119. Garam Publisher.
- Kim, S. H., Kim, S. S., & Kim, M. K. (2007). An influence which lumbar stabilization exercise by its exercise intensity has on the lumbar stabilization and pain of degenerative disc disease patients. Journal of Sport and Leisure Studies, 31, 933-942.
- Kim, T. Y. (2005). The Effects of spinal stability exercise using the sling and mat. Korea Sport Research. 16(6), 273-280.
- Kim, Y. J. (2012). Effect of foot pressure, body composition, attitudes and on pilates exercise in middle school students. Unpublished master's thesis, MyoungJi University.
- Kim. G. S., Chae. W. S., Yoon. C. J., Lee. H. S., Kang. N. J., & Kim. D. S. (2011). The effect of asymmetr ic lower -extremity muscle force of elementary students on dynamic balance during walking. Korean Journal of Sport Biomechanics, 21(3), 309-315. https://doi.org/10.5103/KJSB.2011.21.3.309
- Ko, D. S., Lee, C. G., Kim, G. Y., Lee, K. I., Kim, M. H., & Jeong, D. I. (2009). The effect of lumbar stabilization exercise on motor capacity and pain in chronic low back pain workers. Journal of Sport and Leisure Studies, 35(2), 1021-1028.
- Kwon, J. H. (2003). A Study about the effect of a remedial exercise program for the improvement of Cobb's angle in idiopathic scoliosis. Unpublished doctor's thesis, Graduate school of Myongji University.
- Lee, A. D. (2004). A comparison on the lower extremity deformities among different types of dance majors. Unpublished master's thesis, Ewha University, Seoul.
- Lee, B. K., Kim, Y. W., & Kim T. S.(2012). Effect of 10 weeks walking and stabilization exercise on electromyogram activity of transverse abdominis and multifidus muscle and contraction time of transverse abdominis muscle, visual analog scale time for male patients with chronic low back pain. Journal of Sport and Leisure Studies, 49(2), 887-898.
- Lee, T. H. (2005). Effects of posture correction and exercise capacity on Qigong exercises and manipulation therapy in high school student's scoliosis. Unpublished doctor's thesis, Graduate school of KeiMyung University.
- Na, H. S., Hur, J. K., Ko, T. S., Lee, J. S., Woo, J. H., You, Y. Y., & Choi, Y. E. (2012). Effect of balance and foot pressure center of the ankle joint manual therapy and stretching on middle aged women's. Hanyang University Institute of Aging Society. 3(1), 17-23.
- Neumann, D. A. (2002). Kinesiology of the musculoskeletal system, Mosby, St. Louis.
- O'shea, J. P. (1983). Scientific principles and methods of strength fitness. Lew & Philadelphia Co.
- Papaioannou T., Stokes I., Kenwright J. (1982). Scoliosis associated with limb-length inequality. Journal Bone Joint Surgery, 64(1), 59-62.
- Perry, J. (1992). Gait Analysis: normal and pathological function New Jersey: SLACK, INC.
- Perttunen, J., Anttila, E., Sodergard, J., Merikanto, J., & Komi, P. (2004) Gait asymmetry in patients with limb length discrepancy. Scandinavia Journal of Medical Science Sports, 14(1), 49-56. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1600-0838.2003.00307.x
- Reamy, B. V. & Slakey, J. B. (2001). Adolescent idiopathic scoliosis: review and current concepts. American family physician, 64(1), 111-116.
- Shin, S. S., & Song, C. H. (2007). The Effect of lumbar stabilization exercise on the static balance of adolescent idilpathic scoliosis. The Korean Society of Sports Medicine, 25(2), 165-173.
- Solberg G. (2005), Postural disorders & musculoskeletal dysfunction. 22-40.
- Subotnick S. I. (1981). Seg-length discrepancies of the lower extremity. Journal of Orthopaedic Sports and Physical Therapy, 3, 11-16. https://doi.org/10.2519/jospt.1918.104.22.168
- The Korean Orthopaedic Association (2006). Spine surgery orthopedic lesions, 6(2), Seoul, New Medicine Company.
- Youn, S. W., Sun, S. G., & Cho, S. G. (1996). The effect of trunk extension/flexion is kinetic exercise on low back pain and thigh muscles. Korean Journal of Sport Science, 7(4), 43-53.
- Effects of ProBody Massage on Body Alignment and Plantar Pressure Balance in Middle-aged Men with Musculoskeletal Diseases vol.26, pp.2, 2016, https://doi.org/10.5103/KJSB.2016.26.2.213
- Effects of the Probody Massage on the Physical Characteristics, Gross Motor Function and ROM in Youth with Cerebral Palsy : Case study vol.25, pp.4, 2015, https://doi.org/10.5103/KJSB.2015.25.4.453