- Volume 26 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Seismic Retrofit of School Facilities Using Rapping and Attaching Composite Material
부착 및 래핑형 복합소재를 이용한 학교시설의 내진보강
- Park, Choon-Wook (Dept. of Architectural Engineering Kyungpook National University) ;
- Kim, Dong-Hwi (Dept. of Architectural Engineering Kyungpook National University) ;
- Kwon, Min-Ho (Dept. of Civil Engineering, Gyeongsang National University) ;
- Choi, Yeol (Dept. of Architectural Engineering Kyungpook National University)
- Received : 2013.09.06
- Accepted : 2014.02.27
- Published : 2014.04.30
In paper after the strong earthquake of recently the Korea neighborhood, the Korean government survey show that the 86% of school buildings in Korea are in potential damage risk and only 14% of them are designed as earthquake-resistance buildings. Earthquake Reinforcing projects of school have been a leading by the ministry of education, however their reinforcing methods done by not proved a engineering by experiment which results in uneconomical and uneffective rehabilitation for the future earthquake. An experimental and analytical study have been conducted for the shear reinforcing method of RC beam by axis and horizontal axis load using attaching composite beam. Based on the previous research, in this study, design examples are given to show the performance evaluation for the column reinforcing of old school buildings using nonlinear analysis is going to be conducted and strengthening method is going to be on the market after their performance is proved by the test.
Supported by : 한국연구재단
- The Meteorological Administration Agency, Study of Earthquake Damage Status and Safety Countermeasure of Facilities, 2005, pp. 5-128.
- Mander, J., Nair, B. B., Wojtkowski, K., and Ma, J., "An Experimental Study on the Seismic Performance of Brick-Infilled Steel Frames with and without Retrofit," NCEER Technical Report (93-0001), 1993, pp. 148-155.
- Lee, K. S., Guideline on Seismic Evaluation and Upgrading of School Buildings, Korea Education Development Institute, 2011, pp. 22-37.
- Kim, Y. M., Kee, C. H., Chang, J. H., Lee, S. W., and Kim, S. D., "Exterior Joint Behavior of Low-Rise Reinforced Concrete Frame with Non-Seismic Detail," Proceedings of Korea Concrete Institute, Vol. 10, No. 1, 1998, pp. 481-486.
- Bae, G. W., The Aseismatic Rehabilitation Methods of the Damaged Structures, Korea Institute of Construction Technology, 1993, pp. 5-25.
- Rodriguez, M. E. and Santiago, S. A., "Simulated Seismic Load Tests on Two-Story Waffle-Flat-Plate Structure Rehabilitated by Jacketing," ACI Structure Journal, Vol. 95, No. 2, 1998, pp. 129-141.
- Park, J. S., Park, Y. H., Yu, Y. J., Jung, W. T., and Kang, J. Y., "Strengthening Performance of RC Beams Strengthened by Bonded or Unbonded Prestressed CFRP Laminates," Journal of Korea Concrete Institute, Vol. 17, No. 1, 2005, pp. 279-282.
- Oh, H. S., Sim, J. S., and Ju, M. K., "Flexural Capacity of Concrete Beam Strengthened with Near-Surface Mounted Carbon Fiber Reinforced Polymer," Korea Institute for Structural Maintenance Inspection, Vol. 12, No. 3, 2008, pp. 84-94.
- Lee, Y. T., Na, J. M., Kim, S. H., and Lee, L. H., "Behaviors of Shear Strengthened RC Columns with Carbon Fiber Sheets," Architectural Institute of Korea, Vol. 18, No. 4, 2002, pp. 19-26.
- Kim, J. Y., Jung, I. Y., and Park, S. E., "Seismic Performance Improvement of MDOF Reinforced Concrete Moment Frame Retrofitted Steel Jacket," Journal of Korean Association for Spatial Structures, Vol, 13, No. 1, 2013, pp. 69-77. https://doi.org/10.9712/KASS.2013.13.1.069
- Park, C. W., Lee, H. J., Ju, C. H., and Hong, W. H., "A Study on the Seismic Retrofit of Column in Educational Facilities Using Composite Material," Korea Education Development Institute, Vol. 20, No. 1, 2013, pp. 45-52. (doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.7859/kief.2013.20.1.045) https://doi.org/10.7859/kief.2013.20.1.045
- Sakai, K. and Sheikh, S. A., "What Do We Know about Confinement in Reinforced Concrete Columns," ACI Structural Journal, Vol. 86, No. 2, 1989, pp. 192-207.
- Park, T. W., "Improvement of Earthquake-Resistant Performance of Existing Reinforced Concrete," Thesis of Master's Degree in Dankook University, 1999, pp. 1-6. (doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.9798/KOSHAM.2013.13.4.001)
- Song, W. Y., "Seismic Performance Improvement of University Buildings not Applying Seismic Design," Thesis of Master's Degree in Pukyong University, 2011, pp. 10-155.
- Kwon, M. H. and Cho, C. G., "A Concrete Model for Analysis of Concrete Structure with Confinement," Journal of the Korea Concrete Institute, Vol. 15, No. 3, 2003, pp. 397-405. (doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.4334 /JKCI.2004.16.3.397) https://doi.org/10.4334/JKCI.2003.15.3.433