- Volume 26 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Experiment and Nonlinear Analysis of DH Beams with Steel Form
외부철판이 사용된 DH Beam의 휨거동에 대한 실험 및 비선형해석
- Moon, Jeong-Ho (Division of Architecture, Hannam University) ;
- Oh, Young-Hun (Dept. of Medical Space Design & Management, Konyang University)
- Received : 2013.10.07
- Accepted : 2014.02.12
- Published : 2014.04.30
The purpose of this study is to evaluate the structural performance of DH beams. DH beam construction method uses thin steel plates as form-works and structural elements. The prefabricated plates and rebars of DH beams were transported to a construction site and erected for casting concrete at the site. In this study, the contribution of steel plates to the flexural strength was evaluated since the plates were expected to play a role as reinforcements. Five test specimens were made for experimental and analytical studies. They consisted of two DH beams for the positive moment test and two DH beams for the negative moment test and a RC beam for the comparison purpose. Test results on DH beams were compared with design equations and the RC beam test result. It was proven that DH beams demonstrated the good flexural behavior showing sufficient strengths and deformation capacities. Flexural strengths, principal strains of concrete, and rebar stresses were evaluated through nonlinear finite element analyses for two test beams. The analyses also showed that steel plates can contribute to the enhancement of flexural strength of DH beams. Based on experimental and analytical studies, it was concluded that steel plates of DH beams can be used as good flexural reinforcements.
Supported by : 한남대학교
- Shim, H. J. and Lee, E. T., "Development of Slim Floor System for High-Rise Buildings," Proceedings of 3rd Year Workshop for High-rise Buildings Construction Technologies, Vol. 1, 2005, pp. 25-28.
- Park, K. Y., Kyung, J. H., Jeon, S. H., Kim, D. K., and Choi, S. M., "Flexural Performance for Deep-Deck Plate using Cap Plate," Proceedings of the Architectural Institute of Korea, 2012, Vol. 32 No. 2, pp. 505-506.
- Kim, Y. H., Park, Y. S., Park, S. W., Ko, Y. W., Yang, K. H., and Chung, H. S., "An Experimental Study on the Flexural Behavior of Structural Deck Plate Continuous Slabs," Proceedings of the Korea Concrete Institute, 2003, Vol. 15 No. 2, pp. 202-205.
- Paik, I. K., Yoon, S. H., Chung, L., Cho, S. H., and Hong, E. A., "Structural Performance of Void Deck Slab System," Proceedings of the Korea Concrete Institute, 2012, Vol. 24 No. 1, pp. 693-694.
- Architectural Institute of Korea, Design Code for Architectural Structures, 2009, 769 pp.
- ACI Committee, 318, Building Code Requirements for Structural Concrete (ACI 318-08) and Commentary, American Concrete Institute, Farmington hills, Michigan, 2008.
- TNO Building and Construction Research, DIANA User's Manual Material Library, 2011, 168 pp.