- Volume 26 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Analysis of Steel Reinforcement Ratio for Bent Pile Structures Considering Column-Pile Interaction
기둥-말뚝의 상호작용을 고려한 단일 현장타설말뚝의 철근비 분석
- Kim, Jae-Young (School of Civil and Environmental Engineering, Yonsei University) ;
- Jeong, Sang-Seom (School of Civil and Environmental Engineering, Yonsei University) ;
- Kim, Jang-Ho Jay (School of Civil and Environmental Engineering, Yonsei University)
- Received : 2013.10.08
- Accepted : 2014.01.03
- Published : 2014.04.30
In this study, an interactive analysis considering column-pile interaction is performed on the basis of an equivalent base spring model for supplementing virtual fixed point design of bent pile structures. Through this analytical method, the application of the minimum steel reinforcement ratio of the pile (0.4%) is analyzed by taking into account the major influencing parameters. Furthermore, the limit depth for steel reinforcement ratio is proposed through the relationships between column and pile conditions. To obtain the detailed information, it is found that an interactive analysis is intermediate in theoretical accuracy between the virtual fixed point model analysis and full-modeling analysis. Base on this study, it is also found that the maximum bending moment is located within cracking moment of the pile when material nonlinearity is considered. Therefore, the minimum steel reinforcement ratio is appropriately applicable for the optimal design of bent pile structures. Finally, the limit depth for steel reinforcement ratio (
Supported by : 한국연구재단
- Ahn, S. Y., "Proposed New Design Method of the Pile Bent Structure Considering Plastic Hinge," Ph. D. Thesis, Yonsei University, 2010 (in Korean).
- Cho, J. Y. and Jeong, S. S., "Development of Three-Dimensional Approximate Analysis Method for Piled Raft Foundations," Journal of Korean Geotechnical Society, Korean Geotechnical Society, Vol. 28, No. 4, 2012, pp. 67-77 (in Korean). https://doi.org/10.7843/kgs.2012.28.4.67
- FB-MULTIPIER, User's Manual, Ver. 4, Ensoft Inc, 2012.
- FHWA, Drilled Shaft, National Highway Institute, 1987.
- Hutchinson, T. C., Boulanger, R. W., Chai, Y. H., and Idriss, I. M., Seismic Design and Retrofit of Bridges, John Wiley & Sons, New York, USA, 2002.
- Jeon, K. S., Kim, K. S., and Kim, J. Y., "Design and Construction of Single Drilled Shaft Foundation," Korean Geotechnical Engineer Conference, 2006, pp. 86-100 (in Korean).
- Jeong, S. S. and Cho, J. Y., "Nonlinear 3D Coupled Analysis of Piled Raft Foundations for High-rise Building," Proceedings of IS-Kanazawa 2012, Kanazawa, Japan, 2012, pp. 461-466.
- Jeong, S. S., Kwak D. O., and Ahn, S. Y., "Analysis of Pile-Bent (CIDH Shaft/Column) Structure Subjected to Lateral Loading," Korean Society of Civil Engineers Conference, 2005, pp. 3968-3971 (in Korean).
- Kim, J. Y., Hwang, T. J., and Jeong, S. S., "Simplified Analysis of Pile Bent Structures and Minimum Reinforcement Ratio," Journal of Korean Geotechnical Society, Korean Geotechnical Society, Vol. 27, No. 5, 2011, pp. 33-43 (in Korean). https://doi.org/10.7843/kgs.2011.27.5.033
- Kim, J. Y. and Jeong, S. S., "Application of Virtual Fixed Point Theory and Discrete Analysis for Pile Bent Structures," Journal of Korean Geotechnical Society, Korean Geotechnical Society, Vol. 29, No. 7, 2013, pp. 57-74 (in Korean). https://doi.org/10.7843/kgs.2013.29.7.57
- Korean Expressway Corporation, Design Criteria for Pile Bent Structure, Vol. 68, 2004, pp. 14-27 (in Korean).
- Lee, J. H. and Yang, J. H., "New Concrete Bridge Column System," Journal of the Korea Concrete Institute, Vol. 16, No. 2, 2004, pp. 24-30 (in Korean).
- MIDAS-CIVIL, Online Manual, MIDAS Information Technology, 2006.
- Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport, Design Criteria for Highway Bridges, 2008 (in Korean).
- RESPONSE 2000, User's Manual, Ver. 1.1, University of Toronto, Ontario Canada, 2000.
- Son, H. S., Choi, I. K., Kang, D. O., and Yang, J. H., "Design of Single Column Drilled Pier Foundation in Incheon Bridge Viaduct," Korean Society of Civil Engineers Conference, 2005, pp. 959-962 (in Korean).
- Son, H. S., Choi, I. K., Lee, S. H., and Yang, J. H., "Seismic Analysis and Reinforcement Details of Integral Pile Shaft-Column Foundations," Journal of Earthquake Engineering Society of Korea, 2006, pp. 300-307 (in Korean).
- Song, H. J., "Analysis of Single Shaft/Column of Light Rail Transit Structure subjected to Lateral Loading," Master thesis, Yonsei University, 2008 (in Korean).
- Zafir, Z., "Seismic Foundation Stiffness For Bridges," Deep Foundations 2002, 2002, pp. 1421-1433.