- Volume 26 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Shear Strength of PC-CIP Composite Beams with Shear Reinforcement
횡 보강된 프리캐스트와 현장타설 콘크리트 합성보의 전단강도
- Kim, Chul-Goo (Dept. of Architecture & Architectural Engineering, Seoul National University) ;
- Park, Hong-Gun (Dept. of Architecture & Architectural Engineering, Seoul National University) ;
- Hong, Geon-Ho (Dept. of Architectural Engineering, Hoseo University) ;
- Kang, Su-Min (Dept. of Architectural Engineering, Chugbuk National University)
- Received : 2013.11.18
- Accepted : 2014.02.04
- Published : 2014.04.30
Currently, in the precast concrete construction, Precast Concrete (PC) and Cast-In-Place (CIP) concrete with different concrete strengths are frequently used. However, current design codes do not specifically provide shear design methods for PC-CIP hybrid members using dual concrete strengths. In the present study, simply supported composite beams with shear reinforcement were tested. The test variables were the area ratio of the two concretes, spacing of shear reinforcement, and shear span-to-depth ratio. The shear strengths of the test specimens were evaluated by current design codes on the basis of the test results. The results showed that the shear strength of the composite beams was affected by the concrete strength of the compressive zone and also proportional to the flexural rigidity of un-cracked sections. Furthermore, the contribution of shear reinforcements varied according to the concrete strength of the compressive zone.
Supported by : 국토교통부
- Korea Concrete Institute, Concrete Design Code and Commentary, Kimoondang Publishing Company, Seoul, Korea, 2012, pp. 164-165, 367-369.
- Kahn, L. F. and Slapkus, A., "Interface Shear in High Strength Composite T-Beams," PCI Journal, Vol. 49, No. 4, 2004, pp. 102-110. https://doi.org/10.15554/pcij.07012004.102.110
- ACI Committee 318, Building Code Requirements for Structural Concrete(ACI 318-11), American Concrete Institute, Farmington Hills, MI, 2011, pp. 164-174, pp. 283-285.
- Saemann, J. C. and Washa, G. W., "Horizontal Shear Connections between Precast Beams and Cast-In-Place Slabs," ACI Structural Journal, Vol. 61, No. 11, 1964, pp. 1383-1409.
- Loov, R. E. and Patnaik, A. K., "Horizontal Shear Strength of Composite Concrete Beams with a Rough Interface," PCI Journal, Vol. 38, No.1, 1994, pp. 48-69.
- Halicka, A., "Influence New-To-Old Concrete Interface Qualities on the Behavior of Support Zones of Composite Concrete Beams," Construction and Building Materials, Vol. 25, No. 10, 2011, pp. 4072-4078. (doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.conbuildmat.2011.04.045) https://doi.org/10.1016/j.conbuildmat.2011.04.045
- Kim, C. G., Park, H. G., Hong, G. H., and Kang, S. M., "Shear Strength of Hybrid Beams Combining Precast Concrete and Cast-In-Place Concrete," Journal of the Korea Concrete Institute, Vol. 25, No. 2, 2013, pp. 175-185. (doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.4334/JKCI.2013.25.2.175) https://doi.org/10.4334/JKCI.2013.25.2.175
- Shear Strength of Prestressed PC-CIP Composite Beams with Vertical Shear Reinforcement vol.27, pp.4, 2015, https://doi.org/10.4334/JKCI.2015.27.4.399
- Shear Strength of Steel Fiber Concrete - Plain Concrete Composite Beams vol.27, pp.5, 2015, https://doi.org/10.4334/JKCI.2015.27.5.501
- Evaluation of Horizontal Shear Strength for Concrete Composite Members vol.28, pp.4, 2016, https://doi.org/10.4334/JKCI.2016.28.4.407
- Shear Strength of Prestressed PC-CIP Composite Beams without Vertical Shear Reinforcements vol.26, pp.4, 2014, https://doi.org/10.4334/JKCI.2014.26.4.533