- Volume 46 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
COMPUTATIONAL EFFICIENCY OF A MODIFIED SCATTERING KERNEL FOR FULL-COUPLED PHOTON-ELECTRON TRANSPORT PARALLEL COMPUTING WITH UNSTRUCTURED TETRAHEDRAL MESHES
- Kim, Jong Woon (Korea Atomic Energy Research Institute) ;
- Hong, Ser Gi (Kyung Hee University) ;
- Lee, Young-Ouk (Korea Atomic Energy Research Institute)
- Received : 2013.04.17
- Accepted : 2013.11.05
- Published : 2014.04.25
Scattering source calculations using conventional spherical harmonic expansion may require lots of computation time to treat full-coupled three-dimensional photon-electron transport in a highly anisotropic scattering medium where their scattering cross sections should be expanded with very high order (e.g.,
- X-5 Monte Carlo team, "MCNP - A general Monte Carlo n-particle transport code, version 5, volume I, II, III," LACP-03-0245, Los Alamos National Laboratory (2003).
- I. Kawrakow, "Accurate condensed history Monte Carlo simulation of electron transport. I. EGSnrc, the new EGS4 version," Med. Phys., vol. 27, pp. 85-498 (2000).
- J.A. Halbleib, R.P. Kensek, G.D. Valdez, S.M. Seltzer, and M.J. Berger, "ITS: The integrated TIGER series of coupled electron/photon Monte Carlo transport codes - version 3.0," IEEE. T. Nucl. Sci., vol. 39, pp. 1025-1030 (1992). https://doi.org/10.1109/23.159753
- D. Ilas, M.L. Williams, D.E. Peplow, and B.L. Kirk, "Multidimensional coupled photon-electron transport simulations using neutral particle SN codes," Computational Medical Physics Working Group Workshop II, Gainesville, USA, (2007).
- L. J. Lorence Jr, J. E. Morel, and G. D. Valdez, "User's guide to CEPXS/ONEDANT: A one-dimensional coupled electron-photon discrete ordinates code package," SAND89-1661, Los Alamos National Laboratory and Sandia National Laboratory (1989).
- T. A. Wareing, J. M. McGhee, J. E. Morel, and S. D. Pautz, "Discontinuous finite element Sn methods on threedimensional unstructured grids," Nucl. Sci. Eng., vol. 138, pp. 256-268 (2001).
- J. W. Kim and N. Z. Cho, "An efficient deterministic method for generating non-negative scattering crosssections," Ann. Nucl. Energy, vol. 34, pp. 967-976 (2007). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.anucene.2007.04.014
- J. W. Kim, S. G. Hong, Y. Lee, and B. Min, "An extension of the non-negative scattering cross section generation method for a three dimensional geometry with unstructured tetrahedral mesh," J. Korean Phys. Soc., pp. 2079-2083 (2011).
- C. Geuzaine and J. F. Remacle, "Gmsh: a three-dimensional finite element mesh generator with built-in pre- and postprocessing facilities," Int. J. Numer. Meth. Eng., vol. 79, pp. 1309-1331 (2009).
- A Deep Penetration Problem Calculation Using AETIUS:An Easy Modeling Discrete Ordinates Ṯransport Code UsIng Unstructured Tetrahedral Mesh, Shared Memory Parallel vol.153, pp.2100-014X, 2017, https://doi.org/10.1051/epjconf/201715306025