- Volume 26 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
A Study on Students', Parents', and Teachers' Change of Perception on Creativity and Character Education through Operation of Creativity and Character Model School
창의·인성 모델학교 운영에 따른 학생, 학부모, 교사의 창의·인성교육에 대한 인식 변화
- Received : 2014.01.26
- Accepted : 2014.03.07
- Published : 2014.04.30
The purpose of this study was to investigate the change of perceptions of students', parents', teachers' on creativity and character education at the model school for creativity and character education. This study used pre and post tests to examine the effects of creativity and character education on students, parents, and teachers. The results were as follows. Firstly, operating model school for creativity and character education brought about the statistically meaningful changes of students' perception on creativity and character education. However, the changes seemed that the level of their perception on creativity and character education was not rational as the average is about 3.5 point. Secondly, operating model school for creativity and character education brought about the statistically meaningful changes of parents' perception on creativity and character education. However, the changes seemed that the level of their perception on creativity and character education was not rational as the average was about 3.5 point like their children. thirdly, operating model school for creativity and character education brought about the statistically meaningful changes of teachers' perception on creativity and character education. The changes seemed that the level of their perception on creativity and character education was rational as the average was about 4.5 point unlike their students and school parents. Fourthly, it seemed that the perception on creativity and character education showed a difference among students, school parents, and teachers.
- Bae, S. S. and Suh, M. O.(2012). The teachers' and parents' experiences and perspectives on a character education, The Journal of Education Research, 33(1), 57-76.
- Choi, S. D..You, S. S..Lee, Y..Jeon, B. Y. and Kim, Y. M.(2010). Prospect of policy on education human resource development for sustainable development, Korean Educational Development Institute, Contract research CR 2010-28.
- Hong, H. J..Yoon, H. J. and Woo, A. J.(2012). Science Teachers' Recognition of Creativity-Personality Education as Applied to Science Teaching, Journal of Research in Curriculum Instruction, 16(4), 887-908.
- Jho, D. H. and Lee, S. M.(2012). How Do Schools Interpret Creative Hands-On Activities Curriculum Social Studies Education, 51(1), 109-122.
- Jo, D. S..Kang, H. S..Kwon, D. T..Kim, B. C..Kim, W. J., Son, M. H., and Ahn, B. C.(2012). A study on Analysis of effectiveness on creative character education policy and development subject. Ministry of Education and Science Technology, 2012 Policy Agenda Research.
- Kang, H. D. & Choi, J. Y.(2012). The effects of creativity & character education on elementary English education. Primary English Education, 18(1), 173-196.
- Kim, H. C..Choi, C. W. and Min, G. S.(2010). Research on creative activities in elementary, middle, & high schools and a plan connecting youth activity policy(Research report 10-R08), Seoul: National Youth Policy Institute.
- Lee, E. S.(2012). A Study on educational program and perception levels of school parents for holistic creativity and character education, Research on Holistic Education, 16(3), 101-119.
- Ministry of Education and Science technology(2009). The Manual of 2009 Revised Curricula.
- Ministry of Education and Science Technology(2010). Basic plan for creativity.character education(2010. 1)
- Ministry of Education and Science Technology and Korea Foundation for the Advancement of Science & Creativity (2011). Model school of creativity and character education(2011. 10).
- Ministry of Education and Science Technology and Korea Foundation for the Advancement of Science & Creativity (2012). Pre-workshop hosting plan for checking results of model schools in the second half of 2012 year
- Ministry of Education and Science Technology and Korea Foundation for the Advancement of Science & Creativity (2013). Creativity and character model schools workshop for school administrators(2013. 10. 18).
- Moon, Y. R.(2010). Now is creativity.character education Science & Creativity, 2010. February. 6-9.
- Seo, E. B. and Lee, S. S.(2013). Development of the creativity and character education program using needlework with analysis of effectiveness. Journal of Korean Practical Arts Education, 26(2), 41-58.
- The Korea Chamber of Commerce and Industry (2008, 2013), The right people for 100 South Korean companies, Inspection Report.
- Yoo, G. H.(2012). A Structural Analysis of Parents' Trust Formation Effected by Educational Values and Problems Through Instructional Management and Educational Effectiveness. Korean Journal of Educational Administration, 30(4), 199-224.
- Yoon, J. I. and Shin, H. J.(2006). A study on the perspectives of teachers, students and parents concerning teacher expertise, The Journal of Korean Teacher Education, 23(2), 79-100.
- The Influence of the Classroom Climate in Elementary School on the 0nlooker Attitude in Bullying vol.26, pp.6, 2014, https://doi.org/10.13000/JFMSE.2014.26.6.1296
- A Qualitative Analysis on Implementation of Creativity and Character Education in Schools vol.26, pp.6, 2014, https://doi.org/10.13000/JFMSE.2014.26.6.1306
- An Analysis of Teachers' Expectation and Need for Creativity and Character Education vol.26, pp.6, 2014, https://doi.org/10.13000/JFMSE.2014.26.6.1342
- A Comparative Study on Creativity·Personality in Creativity·Personality Model Schools and Public schools vol.27, pp.2, 2015, https://doi.org/10.13000/JFMSE.2015.27.2.476
- Effecting the e-Self Directed Learning on Career Myths through Future Time Perspective and Decision Making vol.27, pp.4, 2015, https://doi.org/10.13000/JFMSE.2015.27.4.901