- Volume 23 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Rainfall-Runoff Characteristics in a Jeju Stream considering Antecedent Precipitation
선행강우를 고려한 제주하천 유출특성 분석
Yang, Sung-Kee;Kim, Dong-Su;Jung, Woo-Yul
- Received : 2013.11.18
- Accepted : 2014.04.07
- Published : 2014.04.30
The rainfall-runoff characteristics in Jeju Island significantly differ from those in inland, due to highly permeable geologic features driven by volcanic island. Streams are usually sustained in the dry conditions and thereby the rainfall-runoff characteristics changes in terms of initiating stream discharge and its types, depending highly on the antecedent precipitation. Among various the rainfall-runoff characteristics, lag time mainly used for flood warning system in river and direct runoff ratio for determining water budget to estimate groundwater recharge quantity are practically crucial. They are expected to vary accordingly with the given antecedent precipitation. This study assessed the lag time in the measured hydrograph and direct runoff ratio, which are especially in the upstream watershed having the outlet as
Lag time;Direct runoff-ratio;Antecedent precipitation;Rainfall-runoff characteristics;Jeju stream
- Chung, I., Lee, J., Kim, J., Na, H., Kim, N., 2011, Development of Threshold Runoff Simulation Method for Runoff Analysis of Jeju Island, Journal of the environmental sciences, 20(10), 1347-1355. https://doi.org/10.5322/JES.2011.20.10.1347
- Jeju province and K-Water, 2003, Integrated Hydrogeologic and groundwater survey in Jeju island III.
- Ji, H., Koh, B., Yoon, K., Lee, S., Ahn, S., 2007, Investigation of disaster driven factors and permanent counteracts for Typhoon Nari, Magazine of Korea water resources association, 49(9), 29-35.
- Kang, Y., Kim, B., Park, S., Choi, H., 2013, Estimation of Effective Rainfall Guidance Considering Infiltration Capacity-Rainfall Intensity, Journal of KOSHAM, 13(1), 303-308. https://doi.org/10.9798/KOSHAM.2013.13.1.303
- Kim, E., Choi, H., 2011, Estimation of flood index for ungaged small watershed using rainfall-runoff characteristics, 44(2), 34-42.
- Koh, K., 2006, Characteristics of groundwater and water resource management in Jeju Island (1), Magazine of Korea water resources association, 39(7), 73-80.
- Lee, B., Choi, J., Choi, Y., Bae, D., 2012, Validation of Real-Time River Flow Forecast Using AWS Rainfall Data, Journal of Korea Water Resource Association, 45(6), 607-616. https://doi.org/10.3741/JKWRA.2012.45.6.607
- Lee, J., 2005, Hydrology, Goomibook.
- Mutronix, 2010, Electro-magnetic surface velocimetry for low and medium flow, patent license 10-2010-89895.
- Ott, 2000, Radar sensor for contact free measurement of surface wave level, Kalesto.
- Yang, S., Kim, D., Yu, K., Kang, M., Jeong, W., Lee, J., Kim, Y., You, H., 2010, Comparison of Flood Discharge and Velocity Measurements in a Mountain Stream Using Electromagnetic Wave and Surface Image, Journal of the environmental sciences, 21(6), 739-747. https://doi.org/10.5322/JES.2012.21.6.739
- A Proposal of Unit Hydrograph Using Statistical Analysis in Oedo Stream, Jeju vol.24, pp.4, 2015, https://doi.org/10.5322/JESI.2015.24.4.393
- Assessing Unit Hydrograph Parameters and Peak Runoff Responses from Storm Rainfall Events: A Case Study in Hancheon Basin of Jeju Island vol.24, pp.4, 2015, https://doi.org/10.5322/JESI.2015.24.4.437
Supported by : 국토해양부