- Volume 23 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Flood Runoff Calculation using Disaster Monitoring CCTV System
재난감시용 하천 CCTV를 활용한 홍수유출량 산정
Kim, Yong-Seok;Yang, Sung-Kee;Yu, Kwonkyu;Kim, Dong-Su
- Received : 2013.12.05
- Accepted : 2014.04.03
- Published : 2014.04.30
The present study aims to apply a surface image velocimetry(SIV) system to video images captured with CCTV and estimate the flood discharge. The CCTV was installed at the Hancheon Bridge of the Han Cheon in Jeju Island for disaster surveillance, and seven flood events occurred in 2012 were used. During the image analyses, input parameters, interrogation areas and searching areas were determined with proper calibration procedures. To check for accuracy and applicability of SIV, the velocities and flood discharges estimated by SIV were compared with the measured ones by an electromagnetic surface velocimeter, Kalisto. The comparison results showed fairly good agreements. The RMSE(Root Mean Square Error) values between two instruments showed a range of 4.13 and 14.2, and the determination coefficients reached 0.75 through 0.85. It means that the SIV could be used as a good alternative method for other traditional velocity measuring instruments in measuring flood discharges.
Surface image velocimetry;CCTV;Kalesto;Electromagnetic surface current meter;Doppler radar;Surface velocity
- Kim, Y. S., 2013, Flood runoff measurements using Surface Image Velocimetry(SIV) in Han stream. M. Sc. Dissertation, Jeju National Univercity. Korea.
- Climate Change Information Center., 2012, Abnormal climate report, 19-20, 33-38
- Fujita, I., Takehara, K., Aya, S., Sakai, N., Tamai, M., Takano, Y., Miyamoto, H., 2002, Measurement of River Flow by ITV Video Camera, Annual Journal of Hydraulic Engineering, JSCE, 8, 459-464.
- Jeju Special Self-Governing Province., 2007, Report on Wind and flood damage in Jeju, 201-204
- Joo, Y. W., Kim, S. J., Yu, K., Yoon, B. M., 2009, The Accuracy Analysis of SIV(Surface Image Velocimetry) assciated with Correlation Coefficient, Journal of Korea Water Resources Association, 1894-1897
- Kim, Y. S., Yang, S. K., Yu, K., Kim, D. S., 2013, Flood Runoff Measurements using Surface Image Velocimetry, Journal of the Environmental Sciences, 22(5), 581-589 https://doi.org/10.5322/JESI.2013.22.5.581
- Kim, S. J., Yu, K., Yoon, B. M., 2011, Real-time Discharge Measurement of the River Using Fixed-type Surface Image Velocimetry, Journal of Korea Water Resources Association, 44(5), 377-388. https://doi.org/10.3741/JKWRA.2011.44.5.377
- Kim, S. J., 2008, The Accuracy Analysis of Discharge Measurement Technique using Surface Image Velocimetry, M. Sc. Dissertation, Myoungji Univercity. Korea.
- Lee, S. H., Kim, W. G., Kim, Y. S., 1997, Practical Aspects of Microwave Surface Velocity Meter Applied to Measurements of Stream Discharges, Journal of Korea Water Resources Association, 30(6), 671-678.
- Roh, Y. S., Yoon, B. M., Yu, K., 2005, Estimation of Mean Velocity from Surface Velocity, Journal of Korea Water Resources Association, 38(11), 917-925. https://doi.org/10.3741/JKWRA.2005.38.11.917
- Yang, S. K., Kim, D. S., Yu, K., Kang, M. S., Jung, W. Y., Lee, J. H., Kim, Y. S., You, H. J., 2012, Comparison of Flood Discharge and Velocity Measurements in a Mountain Stream Using Electromagnetic Wave and Surface Image, Journal of the Environmental Sciences, 21(6), 739-747. https://doi.org/10.5322/JES.2012.21.6.739
- Yang, S. K., Kim, D. S., Jung, W. Y., Yu, K., 2011, Analysis and Comparison of Stream Discharge Measurements in Jeju Island Using Various Recent Monitoring Techniques, Journal of the Environmental Sciences, 20(6), 738-788. https://doi.org/10.5322/JES.2011.20.6.783
- Yang, S. K., 2007, River Management and Improvement of Jeju Island, Journal of Korea River Association, 3(4), 104-115.
- Yu, K., Kim, D. S., Yoon, B. M., 2005, Development of Fast and Exact FFT Algorithm for Cross-Correlation PIV, Journal of Korea Water Resources Association, 38(10), 851-859. https://doi.org/10.3741/JKWRA.2005.38.10.851
- Assessing Unit Hydrograph Parameters and Peak Runoff Responses from Storm Rainfall Events: A Case Study in Hancheon Basin of Jeju Island vol.24, pp.4, 2015, https://doi.org/10.5322/JESI.2015.24.4.437
- Development of a real-time surface image velocimeter using an android smartphone vol.49, pp.6, 2016, https://doi.org/10.3741/JKWRA.2016.49.6.469
Supported by : 국토해양부