- Volume 14 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Effects of Emotion on User Loyalty in a Mobile Messenger Service
모바일 메신저 서비스 충성도 형성에 있어 감정이 미치는 영향
- Received : 2014.01.17
- Accepted : 2014.03.06
- Published : 2014.04.28
Given rapid growth of mobile messenger services (MMSs) such as KakaoTalk, Line, and Wechat, it has become critical to understand the mechanisms that lead to user loyalty in the MMS context. In this regard, this study examined key factors of user loyalty in the MMS environment. We posit attitudinal loyalty and IT expertise as key drivers of behavioral loyalty. In addition, the impacts of perceived usefulness and emotion on attitudinal loyalty were examined. Data collected from 235 KakaoTalk users who have used more than 1 year were empirically tested against a research model using partial least squares. The analysis results found that both attitudinal loyalty and IT expertise play an important role in enhancing behavioral loyalty in the MMS context. The findings of this study indicate that perceived usefulness and positive emotion significantly influence attitudinal loyalty, whereas negative emotion negatively affects it. The analysis results provide several insights that can help MMS providers understand the role of emotion in enhancing user loyalty.
- 아시아경제, 한미중 글로벌 메신저 앱 3파전...라인, 왓츠앱 추격, 2014. 01. 03.
- 조선비즈, 모바일앱, 카카오톡.페이스북 등 SNS가장 많이 사용해, 2012. 05. 17.
- 카카오톡 충성도, 아이폰 넘어섰다, Kmobile, 2012. 03. 13.
- T. Zhou and Y. Lu, "Examining Mobile Instant Messaging User Loyalty from the Perspectives of Network Externalities and Flow Experience," Computers in Human Behavior, Vol. 27, No. 2, pp. 883-889, 2011. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.chb.2010.11.013
- Z. Deng, Y. Lu, K. K. Wei, and J. Zhang, "Understanding Customer Satisfaction and Loyalty:An Empirical Study of Mobile Instant Messages in China," International Journal of Information Management, Vol. 30, No. 4, pp. 289-300, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijinfomgt.2009.10.001
- J. S. Chiou and C. Droge, "Service Quality, Trust, Specific Asset Investment, and Expertise:Direct and Indirect Effects in a Satisfaction-Loyalty Framework," Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, Vol. 34, No. 4, pp. 613-627, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1177/0092070306286934
- H. Karjaluoto, C. Jayawardhena, M. Leppaniemi, and M. Pihlstromc, "How Value and Trust Influence Loyalty in Wireless Telecommunications Industry," Telecommunications Policy, Vol. 36, No. 9, pp. 636-649, 2012. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.telpol.2012.04.012
- W. Kim, H. C. Chan, and Y. P. Chan, "A Balanced Thinking-Feelings Model of Information Systems Continuance," International Journal of Human-Computer Studies, Vol. 65, No. 6, pp. 511-525, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijhcs.2006.11.009
- J. Agarwal and N. K. Malhotra, "An Integrated Model of Attitude and Affect: Theoretical Foundation and an Empirical Investigation," Journal of Business Research, Vol. 58, No. 4, pp. 483-493, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0148-2963(03)00138-3
- S. Y. Lam, V. Shankar, M. K. Erramilli, and B. Murthy, "Customer Value, Satisfaction, Loyalty, and Switching Costs:An Illustration from a Business-to-Business Service Context," Journal of Academy Marketing Science, Vol. 32, No. 3, pp. 293-311, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1177/0092070304263330
- A. O. Guinea and M. L. Markus, "Why Break the Habit of a Lifetime? Rethinking the Roles of Intention, Habit, and Emotion in Continuing Information Technology Use," MIS Quarterly, Vol. 33, No. 3, pp. 433-444, 2009. https://doi.org/10.2307/20650303
- 권민택, 최낙환, "브랜드-자아이미지 일치성 결정요인이 브랜드 충성도에 미치는 영향:자아-동기의 역할을 중심으로", 소비자학연구, 제20권, 제2호, pp. 221-254, 2009.
- J. Alba and J. W. Hutchinson, "Dimensions of Consumer Expertise," Journal of Consumer Research, Vol. 13, No. 4, pp. 411-454, 1987. https://doi.org/10.1086/209080
- 박효은, 여은아, "긍정적, 부정적 쇼핑감정이 쇼핑가치와 인터넷 의류 쇼핑사이트 접근행동에 미치는 영향", 유통연구, 제15권, 제2호, pp. 101-122, 2010.
- M. A. Jones, K. E. Reynolds, D. L. Mothersbaugh, and S. E. Beaty, "The Positive and Negative Effects of Switching Costson Relational Outcomes," Journal of Service Research, Vol. 17, No. 1, pp. 335-365, 2007.
- C. Fornell and D. F. Larcker, "Evaluating Structural Equation Models with Unobservable Variables and Measurement Error," Journal of Marketing Research, Vol. 18, No. 1, pp. 39-50, 1981. https://doi.org/10.2307/3151312
- J. Hair, R. Anderson, and R. B. Tatham, Multivariate data analysis, Prentice Hall, 1998.
- Determinants Impacting on Dependency of Mobile Instant Messenger, Barrier of Living, and Intention to take Digital Break: The Moderating Effect of Perceived Risk vol.23, pp.3, 2014, https://doi.org/10.5859/KAIS.2014.23.3.25