- Volume 25 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Transmitter Design for Earth Station Terminal Operating with Military Geostationary Satellites on Ka-band
Ka 대역 군위성통신 지상단말 송신기 설계
- Kim, Chun-Won (Samsung Thales Co., Ltd.) ;
- Park, Byung-Jun (Samsung Thales Co., Ltd.) ;
- Yoon, Won-Sang (Samsung Thales Co., Ltd.) ;
- Lee, Seong-Jae (Agency for Defense Development)
- Received : 2014.01.07
- Accepted : 2014.02.18
- Published : 2014.04.30
In this paper, we have designed the transmitter for earth station terminal operating with military geostationary satellite on Ka-band that is complied with MIL-STD-188-164A. The designed antenna of this terminal is dual-offset gregorian reflector which is consist of corrugated horn and iris polarizer, othermode transducer. This antenna meets radiation pattern and transmit EIRP spectral density requirements in this standard. The designed RF systems of this terminal are consist of Block Up Converter(BUC) converting frequency band from IF to Ka band and SSPA having low-power consumption and compact light-weight using the pHEMT MMIC compound devices. This RF systems applied with VSWR, spurious/harmonic suppression, output flatness and phase noise requirement in this standard.
- H. Chan, "Advanced microwave technologies for smart flexible satellite", IEEE MTTS, 2011.
- 유연상, 고동국, "군 위성통신 차량용 이동 단말 발전 방향", 한국전자파학회지 전자파기술, 19(4), pp. 52-60, 2008년 11월.
- MIL-STD-188-164A, "Interoperability of SHF satellite communications terminals", Department of Defence Interface Standard, Mar. 2012.
- Gerard Maral, Michel Bousquet, Satellite Communication Systems, Fifth Edition, John Wiley & Sons, 2002.
- C. A. Balans, Antenna Theory Analysis and Design, 2nd Edition, John Wiley & Sons, 1997.
- MIL-STD-188-164B, "Interoperability of SHF satellite communications terminals", Department of Defence Interface Standard, Mar. 2009.
- B. J. Park, K. B. Kim, W. S. Yoon, S. N. Choi, S. J. Lee, and Y. S. Kim, "Design of solid-state power amplifier for Ka-band satellite terminal", IEEK the 13th Communications & Electronics Conference, Nov. 2012.