- Volume 26 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
A Proposal for an Evaluation of Flexural Resistance of Longitudinally Stiffened Plate Girder with Slender Web
수평보강재로 보강된 세장 복부판을 갖는 플레이트 거더의 휨강도 평가 방법의 제안
- Park, Yong Myung (Department of Civil Engineering, Pusan National University) ;
- Lee, Kun Joon (Department of Civil Engineering, Pusan National University) ;
- Choi, Byung Ho (School of Civil and Environmental Engineering, Hanbat University) ;
- Back, Sung Yong (School of Civil and Urban Engineering, Inje University)
- Received : 2014.02.05
- Accepted : 2014.03.31
- Published : 2014.04.27
In this paper, a series of numerical analyses were performed to evaluate the flexural resistance of steel plate girder with longitudinally stiffened and slender web. The SM490 steel was adopted for the study and the flexural resistances evaluated from the numerical analysis were compared with those suggested by the AASHTO LRFD and the Eurocode 3 codes, respectively. It was found that the AASHTO LRFD code could considerably underestimate the flexural resistance as the web slenderness becomes smaller. This comes from the fact that current AASHTO LRFD code does not consider a possible increase of slenderness limits for compact and noncompct web, and also an additional effect of web restraint on the rotation of compression flange in longitudinally stiffened web. Therefore, the slenderness limits of web and flange have been newly proposed for the plate girders with longitudinally stiffened web and it is analytically verified that the flexural resistance can be appropriately estimated by applying the proposed slenderness limits to the AASHTO LRFD code.
Supported by : 한국건설교통기술평가원
- Cooper, P.B. (1967) Strength of Longitudinally Stiffened Plate Girders, Journal of the Structural Division, ASCE, Vol.93, No.ST2, pp.419-451.
- 한국강구조학회(2009) 강구조설계기준_하중저항계수설계법, 한국강구조학회. KSSC (2009) Steel Structure Disign Standrd_LRFD, Korean Society of Steel Construction, Korea.
- AASHTO (2012) AASHTO LRFD Bridge Design Specifications, American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials Washington D.C. USA.
- ABAQUS (2004) Analysis user's manual version 6.5, Pawtucket(RI), ABAQUS, Inc.
- 이명수, 이두성, 이성철(2010) 수평보강재가 설치된 플레이트거더 복부판의 조밀기준에 관한 연구, 대한토목학회논문집, 제30권, 제6A호, pp.503-512. Lee, M.S., Lee, D.S, and Lee, S.C. (2010) A Study on Compact Section Requirements for Plate Girder Web Panels with Longitudinal Stiffeners, Journal of Korean Society of Civil Engineers, KSCE, Vol.30, No.6A, pp.503-512 (in Korean).
- Galambos, T.V. (1988) Guide to Stability Design Criteria for Metal Structures, 5th ed., John Wiley & Sons, Inc. USA
- Eurocode 3 (2006) Design of steel structures Part 1-5: Plated structural elements, EN 1993-1-5.
- 한국도로교통협회(2005) 도로교표준시방서, 건설교통부제정. Korea Road and Transportation Association (2005) Standard Specification for Highway Bridges, sponserd by Ministry of Construction and Transportation. Korea
- ECCS (1976) Manual on stability of steel structures (2nd ed.), ECCS-Committee 8-Stability, European Convention for Constructional Steelwork, Publication No.22.
- White, D.W., Zureick, A.H., Phoawanich, N., and Jung, S.K. (2001) Developement of Unified Equations for Design of Curved and Straight Steel Bridge I-Girders, Final Report prepared for AISI Transportation and Infrastructure Committee, Professional Service Industries, Inc. and FHWA.
- Johnson, D.L. (1985) An Investigation into the Interaction of Flanges and Webs in Wide Flange Shapes, Proceedings SSRC Annual Technical Session, Structural Stability Research Council, pp.395-405.
- Experiments on Flexural Resistance of Longitudinally Stiffened Plate Girder with Slender Web vol.26, pp.6, 2014, https://doi.org/10.7781/kjoss.2014.26.6.595