- Volume 17 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Analgesic Effects of Toad Cake and Toad-cake-containing Herbal Drugs -Analgesic effects of toad cake-
- Inoue, Eiji (Tokyo Research Center, Kyushin Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd.) ;
- Shimizu, Yasuharu (Tokyo Research Center, Kyushin Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd.) ;
- Masui, Ryo (Tokyo Research Center, Kyushin Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd.) ;
- Usui, Tomomi (Tokyo Research Center, Kyushin Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd.) ;
- Sudoh, Keiichi (Tokyo Research Center, Kyushin Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd.)
- Received : 2013.10.22
- Accepted : 2014.02.12
- Published : 2014.03.31
Objectives: This study was conducted to clarify the analgesic effect of toad cake and toad-cake-containing herbal drugs. Methods: We counted the writhing response of mice after the intraperitoneal administration of acetic acid as a nociceptive pain model and the withdrawal response after the plantar surface stimulation of the hind paw induced by partial sciatic nerve ligation of the mice as a neuropathic pain model to investigate the analgesic effect of toad cake and toad-cake-containing herbal drugs. A co-treatment study with serotonin biosynthesis inhibitory drug 4-chloro-DL-phenylalanine methyl ester hydrochloride (PCPA), the catecholamine biosynthesis inhibitory drug
Supported by : Kyushin Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd.
- Shanghai Scientific and Technical Publishers. [Chuyaku Dijiten], vol 2. Tokyo: Shogakukan; 1985. 1521-4 p. Japanese.
- Ookoshi N. [Pain]. Journal of Practical Pharmacy. 2012; 63 Suppl 2: S125-7. Japanese.
- Honda K, Takano Y. [Experimental methods in pain using neuropathic and inflammatory animal models]. Folia Pharmacol Japon. 2007;130(1):39-44. Japanese. https://doi.org/10.1254/fpj.130.39
- Therapy guideline committee of Japanese Society of Neurological Therapentics. [Standard medical therapy of nerve pain, chronic pain]. Neurol Therap. 2007; 27: 591-622. Japanese.
- Namba T. [The Encyclopedia of Wakan-Yaku: traditional Sino-Japanese medicines (2)]. Osaka: Hoikusha; 1985. 270 p. Japanese.
- Morishita S, Saito T, Mishima Y, Mizutani A, Hirai T, Kawakami M. [Pharmacological studies of Senso (Ch'an Su) containing drugs]. Folia Pharmacol Japon. 1986;87(4):361-78. Japanese. https://doi.org/10.1254/fpj.87.361
- Yanase T, Nishizawa K, Inoue O, Sukamoto T, saito Y. [Antinociceptive effects of Kami-kihi-to in mice]. Folia Pharmacol Japon. 1996;108(2):77-83. Japanese. https://doi.org/10.1254/fpj.108.77
- Seltzer Z, Dubner R, Shir Y. A novel behavioral model of neuropathic pain disorders produced in rats by partial sciatic nerve injury. Pain. 1990;43(2):205-18. https://doi.org/10.1016/0304-3959(90)91074-S
- Mazzardo-Martins L, Martins DF, Stramosk J, Cidral-Filho FJ, Santos AR. Glycogen synthase kinase 3-specific inhibitor AR-A014418 decreases neuropathic pain in mice: evidence for the mechanisms of action. Neuroscience. 2012;226:411-20. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.neuroscience.2012.09.020
- Nakagawa T. [SSRI. SNRI. NaSSA]. Journal of Practical Pharmacy. 2013;64(7):105-111. Japanese.
- Japanese Patent Application No. P2012-51217. Japanese.
- The 131th annual meeting organising committee of the Pharmaceutical Society of Japan, editor. [Abstracts for 2nd on the 131th annual meeting of the Pharmaceutical Society of Japan]. Proceedings of the 131th annual meeting of the Pharmaceutical Society of Japan; 2011 Mar 28-31; Shizuoka, Japan. Kyoto (Japan): Nakanishi Printing; c2011. 223 p. Japanese.
- The 54th annual meeting organising committee of the Japanese Society of Pharmacognosy, editor. [Abstracts on the 54th annual meeting of the Japanese Society of Pharmacognosy]. Proceedings of the 54th annual meeting of the Japanese Society of Pharmacognosy; 2007 Sep 14-15; Nagoya, Japan. Nagoya (Japan): Seikodo; c2007. 115 p. Japanese.
- Vanegas H, Schaible HG. Descending control of persistent pain: inhibitory or facilitatory? Brain Res Brain Res Rev. 2004;46(3):295-309. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.brainresrev.2004.07.004
- Dworkin RH, O'Connor AB, Backonja M, Farrar JT, Finnerup NB, Wallace MS, et al. Pharmacologic management of neuropathic pain: evidence-based recommendations. Pain. 2007;132(3):237-51. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.pain.2007.08.033
- Chodera A, Feller K. Some aspects of pharmacokinetic and biotransformation differences in humans and mammal animals. Int J Clin Pharmacol Biopharm. 1978;16(8):357-60.
- Morishita S, Saito T, Shoji M, Hirai T, Tanaka A. [Pharmacological studies of "reiousan" which contains bezoar and ginseng]. Folia Pharmacol Japon. 1988;91(3):129-40. Japanese. https://doi.org/10.1254/fpj.91.129
- Endogenous opiates and behavior: 2014 vol.75, 2016, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.peptides.2015.10.009