- Volume 9 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Adaptive-Predictive Controller based on Continuous-Time Poisson-Laguerre Models for Induction Motor Speed Control Improvement
Boulghasoul, Z.;El Bahir, L.;Elbacha, A.;Elwarraki, E.
- Received : 2013.09.09
- Accepted : 2013.12.28
- Published : 2014.05.01
Induction Motor (IM) has several desirable features for high performance adjustablespeed operation. This paper presents the design of a robust controller for vector control induction motor drive performances improvement. Proposed predictive speed controller, which is aimed to guarantee the stability of the closed loop, is based on the Poisson-Laguerre (PL) models for the association vector control drive and the induction motor; without necessity of any mechanical parameter, and requires only two control parameters to ensure implicitly the integrator effect on the steady state error, load torque disturbances rejection and anti-windup effect. In order to improve robustness, insensitivity against external disturbances and preserve desired performance, adaptive control is added with the aim to ensure an online identification of controller parameters through an online PL models identification. The proposed control is compared with the conventional approach using PI controller. Simulation with MATLAB/SIMULINK software and experimental results for a 1kW induction motor using a dSPACE system with DS1104 controller board are carried out to show the improvement performance.
Adaptive-Predictive control;Poisson-Laguerre models;Speed control;Induction motor;Vector control;DSPACE 1104
- Z. Boulghasoul, A. Elbacha, E. Elwarraki, "Real Time Implementation of Fuzzy Adaption Mechanism for MRAS Sensorless Indirect vector control of Induction Motor", International Review of Electrical Engineering, Vol. 6, No. 4, pp. 1636-1653, August 2011.
- Leonhard W. Control of electrical drives. Berlin, Germany: Springer-Verlag, 1990.
- Bose BK. Power electronics and Ac drives, New-Jersey, USA, Prentice Hall, Englewood Cliffs, 1986; 122-152.
- F.Blaschke, The Principles of Field Orientation as applied to the New Transvector Closed Loop control System for Rotating Field Machines. Siemens Review, vol. 34, pp. 217-220, May 1972
- Wang, Z.S; Ho, S.L. "Indirect Rotor Field Orientation Vector Control for Induction Motor Drives in the Absence of Current Sensors" 5th International Power Electronics and Motion Control Conference, 2006. IPEMC 2006. CES/IEEE
- Mohamed Boussak, and Kamel Jarray, "A High- Performance Sensorless Indirect Stator Flux Orientation Control of Induction Motor Drive" IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, vol.53, No. 1, February 2006.
- T. S. Radwan, NI. Nasir Uddin, and M. A. Rahman, A New and Simple Structure of Fuzzy Logic Based Indirect Field Oriented Control of Induction Motor Drives, 2004 351h Annul IEEE Power Electronics Specialis1.r Conference Aachen, Germany. 2W4
- M.N. Uddin, T.S. Radwan, M.Rahman, "Performance of fuzzy-logic-based indirect vector control for induction motor drive," IEEE Trans Ind Applicat., Vol.38, No. 5, Sept./Oct. 2002, pp. 1219-1225. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIA.2002.802990
- F. Lin, W. Chou and P. Huang, "Adaptive sliding mode controller based on real time genetic algorithm for induction motor servo drive," IEE Proc. Electr. Power Appl., Vol. 150, No. 1, Jan. 2003, pp. 1-13. https://doi.org/10.1049/ip-epa:20030053
- Y. Lai and J. Lin, "New hybrid Fuzzy controller for Direct Torque Control Induction Motor drives," IEEE Trans. Power Electron., Vol. 18, No. 5, Sept. 2003, pp. 1211-1219 https://doi.org/10.1109/TPEL.2003.816193
- M. Nasir Uddin, "An Adaptive-Filter-Based Torque-Ripple Minimization of a Fuzzy-Logic Controller for Speed Control of IPM Motor Drives", IEEE Transactions on Industry Applications, vol. 47, no. 1, january/february 2011.
- Aburaj Karanayil, Muhammed Fazlur Rahman, and Colin Grantham "Online Stator and Rotor Resistance Estimation Scheme Using Artificial Neural Networks for Vector Controlled Speed Sensorless Induction Motor Drive" IEEE transactions on industrial electronics, vol. 54, no. 1, february 2007.
- Shady M. Gadoue, D. Giaouris, and J.W. Finch, "Genetic Algorithm Optimized PI and Fuzzy Sliding Mode Speed Control for DTC Drives", Proceedings of the World Congress on Engineering 2007 Vol. 1 WCE 2007, July 2-4, 2007, London, U.K.
- L. Mokrani, R. Abdessemed, "A Fuzzy Self-Tuning PI Controller for Speed Control of Induction Motor Drive", Proceedings of 2003 IEEE Conference on Control Applications, 2003. CCA 2003. 785-790 vol. 2
- Mobammad Abdul Mannan, Toshiaki Murata, Junji Tamura and Takeshi Tsuchiya, "Fuzzy-Logic-Based Self-Tuning PI Controller for Speed Control of Indirect Field-Oriented Induction Motor Drive", SICE Annual Conference in Sapporo, August 4- 6,2004 Hokkaido Institute of Tecnology, Japan.
- Åstrom K. J. and B Wittenmark: "On Self-tuning Regulators". Automatica,1973, vol. 9, pp. 185-199. https://doi.org/10.1016/0005-1098(73)90073-3
- Clarke D. W. and P. J. Gawthrop: "Self-tuning Controllers". Proc. IEE., 1975, 122, pp. 929-934.
- Wellstead, P. E., Prager, D., and Zanker, P. "Pole assignment self-tuning regulator". IEEE Proc. D, Control Theory & appl., 1979, 126, (8), pp. 781-787.
- Gawthrop, P. J. "A continuous-time approach to self tuning control". Optimal control applications and methods, 1982, vol. 3, pp. 394-414.
- Clarke D. W.: "Self-tuning control of non minimumphase systems", Automatica. 1984, 20 (5), pp. 501-518. https://doi.org/10.1016/0005-1098(84)90003-7
- Patxi Alkorta Egiguren, Oscar Barambones Caramazana, Jose Antonio Cortajarena Etxeberria, Pedro Alvarez Aguirre, "Linear Generalized Predictive Speed Control of Induction Motor Drives", IEEE International Symposium on Industrial Electronics (ISIE), pp. 637-642, 2011.
- Clarke D. W. and C. Mohtadi and P. S. Tuffs: "Generalized Predictive Control. Parts 1 and 2". Automatica, 1987, 23, pp. 137-160. https://doi.org/10.1016/0005-1098(87)90087-2
- Demircioglu, H. and P. J. Gawthrop. "Continuoustime Generalised Predictive control". Automatica, 1991, 27(1), pp. 55-74. https://doi.org/10.1016/0005-1098(91)90006-N
- Demircioglu, H. and D. W. Clarke. "CGPC with guaranteed stability properties". IEE. Proceeding-D, 1992, 139, pp. 371-380. https://doi.org/10.1049/ip-d.1992.0049
- Lu Gan, Liuping Wang, "Cascaded Continuous-time Model Predictive Control of Induction Motor", 38th Annual Conference on IEEE Industrial Electronics Society, IECON 2012, pp. 1696-1701.
- Adel Merabet, Hichem Arioui and Mohand Ouhrouche, "Cascaded Predictive Controller Design for Speed Control and Load Torque Rejection of Induction Motor" 2008 American Control Conference, Seattle, Washington, USA, June 11-13, 2008.
- Lhoussain EL BAHIR, "Continuous-time Predictive Control based on Poisson-Laguerre models", Proceedings of the 38th Conference on Decision & Control Phoenix, Arizona USA December 1999, pp 4601-4606, vol. 5.
- Z. Boulghasoul, A. Elbacha, E. Elwarraki "Intelligent Control for Torque Ripple Minimization in Combined Vector and Direct Controls for High Performance of IM Drive", Journal of Electrical Engineering & Technology Vol. 7, No. 4, pp. 546-557, 2012. https://doi.org/10.5370/JEET.2012.7.4.546
- El Bahir Lhoussain. "Poisson-Laguerre and E-Kautz models". IMACS-IEEE CSCC'99, Athens (Greece), July 1999. Modern Applied Mathematics Techniques in Circuits, Systems and Control, pp. 243-249.
- El Bahir Lhoussain. "Continuous-time predictive control based on Poisson-Laguerre models". Internal rapport CPC1,1998. Department of Control Engineering, Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Hanus, R., M. Kinnaert and J.L. Henrotte. "Conditioning technique, a general anti-windup bumpless transfer method". Automatica, 1987, 23(6):729-739. https://doi.org/10.1016/0005-1098(87)90029-X
- A. RACHID, R. HANUS and al. Systemes de regulation. Masson, Paris.
- Jemli Mohamed "commande vectorielle d'une machine a induction triphasée avec et sans capteur mécanique conception et mise en oeuvre", PhD dissertation, national engineering school of Tunis, 2001.
- Model Predictive Control Methods to Reduce Common-Mode Voltage for Three-Phase Voltage Source Inverters vol.30, pp.9, 2015, https://doi.org/10.1109/TPEL.2014.2362762
- Real time implementation of a new fuzzy-sliding-mode-observer for sensorless IM drive vol.36, pp.4, 2017, https://doi.org/10.1108/COMPEL-07-2016-0330
- Imposed Weighting Factor Optimization Method for Torque Ripple Reduction of IM Fed by Indirect Matrix Converter with Predictive Control Algorithm vol.10, pp.1, 2015, https://doi.org/10.5370/JEET.2015.10.1.227
- Model-Predictive Direct Power Control With Vector Preselection Technique for Highly Efficient Active Rectifiers vol.11, pp.1, 2015, https://doi.org/10.1109/TII.2014.2363761