- Volume 9 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Reducing the Interference in Compact MIMO Antennas of CRLH-TL-Based Broadside-Capacitive and Slot Couplings
Jang, Kyeongnam;Kahng, Sungtek;Yang, Inkyu;Kim, Hyeongseok;Wu, Qun
- Received : 2013.04.18
- Accepted : 2014.01.08
- Published : 2014.05.01
In this paper, the interference in small MIMO antennas having two identical composite right- and left-handed transmission-line(CRLH-TL)-based radiating elements is remarkably decreased. The radiating element has the broadside-capacitive coupling as well as slots to be equivalent to the CRLH-TL to prevent the size from increasing for an LTE high band. The suspended line bridging the two radiating elements is optimized to lower the interference between them down to -23 dB, while the overall MIMO antenna system is compact and its antenna performance is acceptable. The design is tested for 2.5 GHz.
Mobile device;Compact antennas;CRLH;MIMO antennas;Low interference
- K. L. Wong, Planar Antennas for Wireless Communicators, John Wiley & Sons, Inc., New Jersey, 2003.
- S. Hong, S. Kahng, and J. Choi, "Design of an Internal Multi-resonant Monopole Antenna for GSM900/ DCS1800/US-PCS/S-DMB Operation," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, vol. 56, no. 5, pp. 1437-1443, May 2008. https://doi.org/10.1109/TAP.2008.922613
- Z. Wang, and X. Chen, "A low SAR whip type mobile handset antenna," IEE 11th International Conference on Antennas and Propagation, vol. 1, no. 480, pp. 352-355, 2001.
- M. A. Mangoud, R. A. Abd-Alhameed, and N. J. McEwan, "SAR reduction for Handset with Twoelement Phased Array Antenna computed using Hybrid MOM/FDTD technique," Electronic Letters, vol. 35, no. 20, Sep. 1999.
- H. -T. Chou, and D. Wu, "Radiation of a handset monopole antenna in the presence of a finite shielding sheet for the purpose of SAR reduction," IEEE APS, vol. 1, pp. 452-455, 2002.
- Wang, O. Fujiwara and T. Takagi, "Effects of ferrite sheet attachment to portable telephone in reducing electromagnetic absorption in human head," IEEE International Symposium on Electromagnetic Compatibility, vol. 2, pp. 822-825, 1999.
- SEMCAD X by SPEAG, www.speag.com.
- S. Yoo, and S. Kahng, "CRLH ZOR Antenna of a Circular Microstrip Patch Capacitively Coupled to a Circular Shorted Ring," Progress In Electromagnetics Research C, vol. 25, 15-26, 2012.
- G. Jang, and S. Kahng, "Compact metamaterial zeroth-order resonator bandpass filter for a UHF band and its stopband improvement by transmission zeros", IET Microwaves, Antennas & Propagation IET, vol.5, no. 10, pp.1175-1181, July 2011. https://doi.org/10.1049/iet-map.2010.0300
- Boram Lee, and Sungtek Kahng, "Compact UWB Bandpass Filter as Cascaded Center-Tapped CRLH Transmission-Line ZORs for Improved Stopband," Journal of Electrical Engineering & Technology, vol. 8, no. 2, pp. 371-375, February 2013. https://doi.org/10.5370/JEET.2013.8.2.371