- Volume 14 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Development and evaluation of the multi-strip reader for point of care testing
현장검사용 멀티스트립 리더기의 개발 및 평가
- Kim, Jin ;
- Jeon, Wooram ;
- Park, Seoung Woo ;
- Lee, Chang Youl ;
- Lee, Da-Hyeon ;
- Choi, In-Taek ;
- Kim, Ju Yeon ;
- Suh, In Bum
- Received : 2014.02.10
- Accepted : 2014.02.28
- Published : 2014.03.28
Point of care testing (POCT) is could be easily and economically performed and was widely used. In particular, the test items using immune chromatographic method has been conveniently used. But when an error occurs, we should reaffirmed the test results, but we could not reaffirm because the test line is disappeared as the time pass, and the test results are different between laboratory workers. Therefore, we developed multi-strip reader which can store images for the test results and can interpretate the test results automatically. Then we evaluated newly developed multi-strip reader for urine pregnancy test, the test results of the multi-strip reader was 100% matched with the previously results. Our newly developed multi-strip reader was convenient and economic, and will be widely used in many laboratories.
Point of Care Testing;Strip;Reader;Diagnosis
- D. M. Bush, "The U.S. Mandatory Guidelines for Federal Workplace Drug Testing Programs: current status and future considerations," Forensic Sci Int, Vol.174, No.2, pp.111-119, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.forsciint.2007.03.008
- S. W. Oh, J. D. Moon, S. Y. Park, H. J. Jang, J. H. Kim, and K. B. Nahm, "Evaluation of fluorescence hs-CRP immunoassay for point-of-care testing," Clin Chim Acta, Vol.356, No.1, pp.172-177, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cccn.2005.01.026
- A. Kupstat, M. U. Kumke, and N. Hildebrandt, "Toward sensitive, quantitative point-of-care testing (POCT) of protein markers: miniaturization of a homogeneous time-resolved fluoroimmunoassay for prostate-specific antigen detection. Analyst," Vol.136, No.5, pp.1029-1035, 2011. https://doi.org/10.1039/c0an00684j
- M. T. Font, M. C. Brichs, M. C. Alvarez, J. M. Olivella, J. S. Turo, and M. P. Fernandez, "Capillary HbA1c determination on type 2 diabetes patients in a primary health centre," Aten Primaria, Vol.43, No.10, pp.536-543, 2011. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.aprim.2010.09.017
- C. M. Curtis, G. J. Kost, R. F. Louie, R. J. Sonu, E. B. Ammirati, and S. Sumner, "Point of care hematology and coagulation testing in primary, rural emercency, and disater care scenarios," Point Care, Vol.11, No.2, pp.140-145, 2012.
- M. Rambaldi, M. Baranzoni, P. Coppolecchia, J. N. Moschello, and F. Novaco, "Blood gas and patient safety: considerations based on experience developed in accordance with the Risk Management perspective," Clin Chem Lab Med, Vol.45, No.6, pp.774-780, 2007.
- U. Friess and M. Stark, "Cardiac markers: a clear cause for point-of-care testing," Anal Bioanal Chem, Vol.393, No.5, pp.1453-1462, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00216-008-2573-z
- V. Pecoraro, L. Germagnoli, and G. Banfi, "Pointnt-of-care testing: where is the evidence? A systematic survey," Clin Chem Lab Med, Vol.52, No.3, pp.313-324, 2014.
- D. Loewenstein, C. Stake, and M. Cichon, "Assessment of using fingerstick blood sample with i-STAT point-of-care device for cardiac troponin I assay," Am J Emerg Med, Vol.31, No.8, pp.1236-1239, 2013. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ajem.2013.04.031
- A. Rasooly and J. Jacobson, "Development of biosensors for cancer clinical testing," Biosens Bioelectron, Vol.21, No.10, pp.1851-1858, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.bios.2006.01.003
- E. Lee-Lewandrowski, K. Gregory, and K. Lewandrowski, "Point of care testing in a large urban academic medical center: evolving test menu and clinical applications," Clin Chim Acta, Vol.411, No.21, pp.1799-1805, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cca.2010.08.002
- G. S. Moraes, R. D. Amaral Cristovam, and R. F. Savaris, "Comparative analysis of the accuracy of urinary hCG tests in vitro," Rev Assoc Med Bras, Vol.57, No.5, pp.516-522, 2011. https://doi.org/10.1590/S0104-42302011000500008
- E. Lee-Lewandrowski and K. Lewandrowski, "Perspectives on cost and outcomes for point-of-care testing," Clin Lab Med, Vol.29, No.3, pp.479-489, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cll.2009.07.001
- B. A. Kazi, G. J. Buffone, P. A. Revell, L. Chandramohan, M. D. Dowlin, and A. T. Cruz, "Performance characteristics of urinalyses for the diagnosis of pediatric urinary tract infection," Am J Emerg Med, Vol.31, No.9, pp.1405-1407, 2013. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ajem.2013.06.037
- C. C. Blyth, R. Booy, and D. E. Dwyer, "Point of care testing: diagnosis outside the virology laboratory," Methods Mol Biol, Vol.665, pp.415-433, 2011.
- J. B. JEPSON and I. SMITH, "Multiple dipping procedures in paper chromatography: a specific test for hydroxy-proline," Nature, Vol.172, No.4389, pp.1100-1101, 1953.
- C. P. Price, "Point-of-care testing. Impact on medical outcomes," Clin Lab Med, Vol.21, No.2, pp.285-303, 2001.