- Volume 14 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Effect of Orthodontics Patients' Orthodontics Characteristics on the Living Quality Related to Oral Health (OHIP)
교정환자의 교정치료 특징이 구강건강관련 삶의 질(OHIP)에 미치는 영향
- Received : 2014.01.08
- Accepted : 2014.02.26
- Published : 2014.03.28
The purpose of this study was to promote effective health management of orthodontics patients by determining the effect that the factors related to orthodontics would have on the Oral Health Impact Profile (OHIP), and the subjects of this study was the local residents of Gangwon-do Province. The mean score of OHIP for the subjects was 2.97, while the mean score of physical factor was 3.01. The mean score of psychological factor was found to be 2.93. Thus, the orthodontics was found to have more influence on psychological factor. The item that had the greatest influence among the 10 items of Oral Health Impact Profile was found to be the question, "Have you ever felt shy due to your dental shape?" which had the mean score of 2.66. The characteristics that had significant effect on OHIP among general characteristics were found to be the age, religion, occupation, income, smoking or non-smoking status(p<0.05). In terms of the age, the age of 20 or less had the greatest effect with the mean score of 2.53. In relation to the occupation, the production/sales occupation had an influence with the mean score of 2.56 (p<0.05). Those with income exceeding KRW 4 million were found to have the mean score of 2.83 and 2.78. It turned out that the smokers had greater effect compared to the non-smokers in relation to the smoking/non-smoking status as the income was higher (p<0.05). The characteristics of orthodontics were manifested as the health perception in relation to Oral Health Impact Profile (OHIP) (p<0.05). Regarding the reason why they underwent the orthodontics, the 'uncomfortable feeling in chewing' was found to have the mean score of 2.69 and 2.67 (p<0.05). Regarding the orthodontics period, 1 to 2 years were found to have the mean score of 2.80 and 2.74, thus having an influence (p<0.05). In relation to the regret/non-regret over orthodontics, those who indicated that they regretted were found to have the mean score of 2.65 and 2.60 (p<0.05). Analysis of the relationship between Characteristics of orthodontic treatment and OHIP, orthodontic treatment reasons, oral health awareness, whether orthodontic treatment regret showed a statistically significant correlation. it is considered necessary to make constant efforts to help orthodontics patients, both physically and psychologically, in the course of treatment and improve their quality of lives.
Oral Health Impact Profile;Orthodontics Patients;Physical Factor;Psychologically Factor
- 김기욱, 환자의 치위생학적 지식 및 실천 정도가 구강건강영향지수(OHIP)에 미치는 영향, 계명대학교 대학원, 석사학위논문, 2007.
- 도정애, 교정치료 중인 환자의 강건강영향지수(OHIP)와 자아존중감에 영향을 미치는 요인, 계명대학교 대학원, 석사학위논문, 2008.
- 이홍자, 김춘희, "노인의 구강건강 영향지수가 우울과 삶의 질에 미치는 영향", 지역사회간호학회지, 제23권, 제3호, pp.338-346, 2012. https://doi.org/10.12799/jkachn.2012.23.3.338
- B. H. Oliveira and P. Nadanovsky, "Psychometric properties of the Brazilian version of the Oral Health Impact Profile-short form," Community Dent Oral Epidemiol, Vol.33, No.4, pp.307-314, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1600-0528.2005.00225.x
- N. M. Nuttall, "An empirically derived population-response model of the short form of the Oral Health Impact Profile," Community Dent Oral Epidemiol, Vol.34, No.1, pp.8-24, 2006.
- B. P. Murray and H. J. Wiese, "Satisfaction with care and utilization of dental services at a neighborhood health center," J Public Health Dent, Vol.35, No.3, pp.170-176, 1975. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1752-7325.1975.tb00708.x
- 류경자, 일부 노인의 구강건강 수준과 구강건강관련 삶의 질의 관련성, 충남대학교, 박사학위논문, 2008.
- 신상익, 성인의 구강건강영향지수와 구강건강상태의 관련성 연구, 석사학위논문, 연세대학교 보건대학원, 2007.
- 이두형, 장충현, "미용성형수술 외과에 대한 학생들의 의식조사 연구 대한성형외과학회지", 제21권, 제6호, pp.1138-1147, 1994.
- Wengle, "The psychology ofcosmetic surgery:a criticaloverview of the literature," I. Ann Plast Surg, 1960-1982. https://doi.org/10.1097/00000637-198605000-00011
- 이신재, 안석준, 백승학, 김태우, 장영일, 양원식, 서정훈, 남동석, "수술-교정치료 환자의 통제 소재", 대한치과교정지, 제32권, 제4호, pp.235-40, 2002.
- WHO QOL Group, "The world health organization quality of life assessment position paper from the World Health Organization," Soc Sci Med, Vol.41, No10, pp.1403-1409, 1995. https://doi.org/10.1016/0277-9536(95)00112-K
- G. D. Slade, "Conference summary: assessing oral healthoutcomes-measuring health status and quality of life," Community Dent Health, Vol.15, No.1, pp.3-7, 1998.
- P. F. Allen and D. Loker, "Doitem weights mater An assessment using the oral health impac tprofile," Community Dent Oral Epidemiol., Vol.25, pp.284-29, 1997. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1600-0528.1997.tb00941.x
- M. C. M. Wong, E. C. M. Lo, and A. S. Mc Millan, "Validantion of a Chinese version of the Oral Health Impact Profile(OHIP)," Community Dent Oral Epidemiol, Vol.30, pp.423-430, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1034/j.1600-0528.2002.00013.x
- 박영남, 이미라, "교정환자의 브라켓 장착전후의 치아우식활성도 비교연구", Journal of Korean Academy of Oral Health, 제34권, 제3호, pp.394-402, 2010.
- 김선미, 양규호, "교정치료환자의 구강위생", 대한소아치과학회지, 제21권, 제1호, pp.12-18, 1994.
- 박영남, 이미라, "교정환자의 브라켓 장착전후의 치아우식활성도 비교연구,", Journal of Korean Academy of Oral Health, 제34권, 제3호, pp.394-402, 2010.
- 박은미, 치아교정치료 만족도가 구강건강관련 삶의 질(OHIP)에 미치는 영향, 한서대학교 대학원 석사학위논문, 2012.