- Volume 14 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Development and Evaluation of the Reader for Blood Typing using Column Agglutination Method
원주응집법을 이용한 혈액형 검사 판독기의 개발 및 평가
- Kim, Jin ;
- Jeon, Wooram ;
- Park, Seoung Woo ;
- Lee, Chang Youl ;
- Lee, Da-Hyeon ;
- Choi, In-Taek ;
- Kim, Ju Yeon ;
- Suh, In Bum
- 김진 (한림대학교 정보전자공과대학 컴퓨터공학과) ;
- 전우람 (한림대학교 정보전자공과대학 컴퓨터공학과) ;
- 박승우 (강원대학교 의학전문대학원 신경외과) ;
- 이창률 (강원대학교 의학전문대학원 진단검사의학교실) ;
- 이다현 (강원대학교 의학전문대학원 진단검사의학교실) ;
- 최인택 (강원대학교 의학전문대학원 진단검사의학교실) ;
- 김주연 (강원대학교 의학전문대학원 진단검사의학교실) ;
- 서인범 (강원대학교 의학전문대학원 진단검사의학교실)
- Received : 2014.02.10
- Accepted : 2014.02.27
- Published : 2014.03.28
Accurate blood typing tests are essential for safe blood transfusion. Recently many automated test equipments have been introduced to reduce errors and increase the efficiency of the test. However, those equipments being high in price, it is difficult to introduce automated test equipment for every hospital. In this study, we developed a reader for blood typing using column agglutination test. In the process, the results, read out by the image processing, are stored and reaffirmed. To evaluate the reader, 148 samples for ABO and RhD blood typing tests and 154 samples for unexpected antibody test were used. The positive and negative intensity of the reading and the reading of the reaction were 100% in agreement with the result of traditional manual method. If additional verification is completed, this reader can be efficiently and economically used in small-and medium-sized hospitals.
Blood Type;Column Agglutination;Reader;Unexpected Antibody
- J. R. Storry, L. Castilho, G. Daniels, W. A. Flegel, G. Garratty, and C. L. Francis, "International Society of Blood Transfusion Working Party on red cell immunogenetics and blood group terminology: Berlin report," Vox Sang, Vol.101, No.1, pp.77-82, 2011. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1423-0410.2010.01462.x
- 한규섭, 박명희, 김상인, 수혈의학 3판, 고려의학, 2006.
- Y. Lapierre, D. Rigal, J. Adam, D. Josef, F. Meyer, and S. Greber, "The gel test: a new way to detect red cell antigen-antibody reactions," Transfusion, Vol.30, pp.109-113, 1990. https://doi.org/10.1046/j.1537-2995.1990.30290162894.x
- W. Malomgre and B. Neumeister, "Recent and future trends in blood group typing," Anal Bioanal Chem, Vol.393, pp.1443-1451, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00216-008-2411-3
- K. J. Reis, R. Chachowski, A. Cupido, D. Davies, J. Jakway, and T. M. Setcavage, "Column agglutination technology: the antiglobulin test," Transfusion, Vol.33, No.8, pp.639-643, 1993. https://doi.org/10.1046/j.1537-2995.1993.33893342744.x
- M. Bajpai, R. Kaur, and E. Gupta, "Automation in immunohematology," Asian J Transfus Sci, Vol.6, No.2, pp.140-144, 2012. https://doi.org/10.4103/0973-6247.98914
- H. Schoenfeld, K. Bulling, C. von Heymann, B. Neuner, U. Kalus, and H. Kiesewetter, "Evaluation of immunohematologic routine methods using the new erythrocyte-magnetized technology on the QWALYS 2 system," Transfusion, Vol.49, No.7, pp.1347-1352, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1537-2995.2009.02136.x
- G. R. Choi, B. K. Min, H. N. Kim, C. H. Cho, Y. H. Kim, and J. Y. Choi, "Evaluation of the automated instrument QWALYS-3 for unexpected antibody screening," Korean J Blood Transfus, Vol.22, pp.38-45, 2011.
- Y. H. Ko, J. M. Kim, S. H. Koo, J. Lim, Y. C. Park, and K. C. Kwon, "Evaluation of the automated QWALYS-3 system for ABO and RhD grouping and unexpected antibody screening," Korean J Blood Transfus, Vol.22, pp.144-150, 2011.
- M. U. Heim, M. Bock, H. J. Kolb, M. Schleuning, and W. Mempel, "Intravenous anti-D gammaglobulin for the prevention of rhesus isoimmunization caused by platelet transfusions in patients with malignant diseases," Vox Sang, Vol.62, No.3, pp.165-168, 1992. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1423-0410.1992.tb01191.x
- P. Gurevich, S. Erina, S. Gershon, and I. Zusman, "The role of the fetal immune system in the pathogenesis of RhD-hemolytic disease of newborns," Hum Antibodies, Vol.9, No.2, pp.76-89, 1997.
- D. R. Anderson, J. Wiseman, J. MacLeod, E. Burton, and E. Zayed, "Evaluation of polyethylene terephthalate for ABO and Rh typing and alloantibody screening," Transfusion, Vol.40, No.6, pp.669-672, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1046/j.1537-2995.2000.40060669.x