- Volume 14 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
A Successful Design Strategy of Haier Washing Machines in the Chinese Market
하이얼 세탁기의 중국 시장에서의 가치혁신 성공에 관한 사례 연구
- Received : 2013.11.29
- Accepted : 2014.01.07
- Published : 2014.03.28
according to rapid development in current industrial technologies, technology alone is no longer the only competitive factor among the manufacture companies. The value of innovation in product design has increased important attention to more consumers. This paper demonstrates the methodology of design strategy through the case studies of successful washing machine manufacturers on the China's Market. By the so called 4PS comparison of Haier washing machines with those of Siemens and Little Swan, this paper shows the difference of Haier's design strategy with other competitors, and offers a methodology of systematically analyzing strategic design and successfully develops a framework of design strategy.
Design Strategy Innovation;Value Innovation
- B. K. Kang, "New Role of Designer's Value through Design Consultancy Developing," The Korea Contents Association Journal, Vol.10, No.9, pp.232-242, 2010.
- B. K. Kang, "Innovation Product Design Development by Four Design Thinking Action," The Korea Contents Association Journal, Vol.12, No.12, pp.587-596, 2012. https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2012.12.12.587
- B. K. Kang, "A case study on the design activity for creating of strategic value; Through introducing of the development of new both side frying pan," Korean society of basic design & art Journal, Vol.7, No.1, pp.1-12, 2006.
- Chen Qi and Liu Xi-hui, Design management theory and practice, Beijing Institute of Technology Press, Beijing, 2011.
- Dong Yu-hua, The Red Sea strategy, Green strategy, Blue Ocean Strategy: the management of the commercial Banks 'Tactics-San Lue' theory, Economic and Science Publishing Press, Beijing, 2010.
- Liu He-shan, Chen Hua-xin, Li Yan, and Qu Zhen-bo, Design Management, The Ocean Publishing Company, Beijing, 2009.
- Xu Bo-Lin, Analysis of Qingdao Haier strategy, Enterprise strategic management center.
- Lang Xian-ping, Blue Ocean Big Rout - Essentialism VS Blue Ocean Strategy, Dong Fang Publishing Company, Beijing, 2008.
- Renee Mauborgne, Blue Ocean Strategy, Business Books Publishing Company, Beijing, 2005.
- Ping Wang-Yang and Qing Liu-Ya, Analyze management of distribution channel, analysis of marketing department in China, Beijing, 2011.