- Volume 14 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Developing and Evaluation of Coordinated Semi-Actuated Signal Control for Field Application
현장적용을 위한 연동형 반감응 신호제어 개발 및 분석
- 박순용 (한국건설기술연구원 SOC성능연구소 도로교통연구실) ;
- 이석기 (한국건설기술연구원 SOC성능연구소 도로교통연구실) ;
- 정준화 (한국건설기술연구원 SOC성능연구소 도로교통연구실)
- Received : 2013.12.23
- Accepted : 2014.02.17
- Published : 2014.03.28
In this paper, Coordinated Semi-Actuated Signal Control algorithm was developed and evaluated. According to the analysis of simulation, the coordinated semi-actuated signal control led to reduced vehicle delay as the difference of traffic volume between major and minor streets was getting bigger. But when there was relatively high traffic volume, or the equivalent amount of traffic volume on major and minor streets, optimized pre-timed signal control was verified to lower delay times compared to coordinated semi-actuated signal control; however, it might increase pedestrian delay. Therefore, the coordinated semi-actuated signal control should be implemented at intersections where traffic volume is relatively low.
Coordination;Semi-actuated Signal Control;Pedestrian Actuation;Traffic Signal Algorithm;Traffic Simulation
Grant : 지방부 도로 횡단보도 조명설치 기준 및 보급형 조명시스템 개발
- Y. Yin, M. Li, and A. Skabardonis, "Offline Offset Refiner for Coordinated Actuated Signal Control Systems," Jouranl of Transportation Engineering, Vol.133, No.7, pp.423-432, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)0733-947X(2007)133:7(423)
- J. T. Kim and Kenneth G. Courage, "Evaluation and design of maximum green time settings for traffic actuated control," Transportation Research Record 1852, pp.246-255, National Research Council, Washington, D.C., 2003.
- G. H. Zhang and Y. H. Wang, "Optimizing Minimum and Maximum Green Time Settings for Traffic Actuated Control at Isolated Intersections," IEEE Intelligent Transportations System, Vol.12, pp.164-173, 2011. https://doi.org/10.1109/TITS.2010.2070795
- G. E. Shoup and D. Bullock, "Dynamic Offset Tuning Procedure Using Travel Time Data," Transportation Research Record No.1683, Transportation Research Board, Washington, D.C., pp.84-94, 1999.
- M. S. Kang, Actuated Signal Control for Improvement of Corridor's Speed on Arterial, Master's Thesis, The University of Seoul, 2008.
- S. J. Kim, Effectiveness Evaluation of the Semi-Actuated Signal control system Installation, Master's Thesis, Ajou University, 2011.
- S. J. Ko, Study on Delay Reductions at Four-Leg Intersections by Adopting Semi-Actuated Signal Control and Pedestrian Push-Button, Master's Thesis, Ajou University, 2011.
- TRB, Highway Capacity Manual 2000. Transportation Research Board, National Research Council, Washington, D. C., 2000.
- J. T. Kim, Development and Testing of Computational Procedures for Signal Timing Design at Isolated Intersections. Ph. D. thesis, University of Florida, USA, 2001.
- ITE, TRAFFIC SIGNAL TIMING MANUAL. Institute of Transportation Engineers, Washington, DC, USA, 2009.
- FHWA, Traffic Control System Handbook. Federal Highway Administration, USA, 1985.