- Volume 47 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Food Quality of Rainbow Trout Oncorhynchus mykiss Domesticated in Seawater
해수 순치 무지개 송어(Oncorhynchus mykiss)의 식품학적 품질 특성
- Kim, Ki Hyun (Department of Seafood Science and Technology/Institute of Marine Industry, Gyeongsang National University) ;
- Kang, Sang In (Department of Seafood Science and Technology/Institute of Marine Industry, Gyeongsang National University) ;
- Jeon, You-Jin (Department of Marine Life Science, Jeju National University) ;
- Choi, Byeong Dae (Department of Seafood Science and Technology/Institute of Marine Industry, Gyeongsang National University) ;
- Kim, Min Woo (Quality Control Team, Daewang) ;
- Kim, Dongsoo (Korea Food Research institute) ;
- Kim, Jin-Soo (Department of Seafood Science and Technology/Institute of Marine Industry, Gyeongsang National University)
- 김기현 (경상대학교 해양식품공학과/해양산업연구소) ;
- 강상인 (경상대학교 해양식품공학과/해양산업연구소) ;
- 전유진 (제주대학교 해양의생명과학부) ;
- 최병대 (경상대학교 해양식품공학과/해양산업연구소) ;
- 김민우 ((주)대왕 품질관리부) ;
- 김동수 (한국식품연구원) ;
- 김진수 (경상대학교 해양식품공학과/해양산업연구소)
- Received : 2014.02.03
- Accepted : 2014.03.21
- Published : 2014.04.30
This study compared the food quality of domesticated(RT-DS) and freshwater (RT-F) rainbow trouts Oncorhynchus mykiss. The proximate composition of RT-DS was 73.8% moisture, 20.6% crude protein, 4.2% crude lipid, and 1.1% ash and was similar to RT-F. No differences were found in the red color, odor and taste intensities, calcium, and potassium between RT-DS and RT-F based on the Hunter a values, volatile basic nitrogen content, odor intensity and using an electronic nose, and taste intensity using an electronic tongue. The crude protein, total amino acid contents, and taurine, glutamic acid, glycine, alanine and anserine contents in free amino acids were higher in RT-DS than in RT-F. There was no difference in hardness between RT-DS and RT-F.
Grant : 수산실용화기술개발사업의 체지방 감소효과를 갖는 해수산 무지개송어 생산 및 이의 비효율적 자원을 활용한 육포 가공 방법의 개발
Supported by : 한국해양과학기술진흥원
- AOAC. (1995) Official Methods of Analysis. 16th ed. Association of Official Analytical Chemists, Washington DC. U.S.A., 69-74.
- Choi YJ and Kim KS. 1993. Food components of coho salmon and rainbow trout. Korean J Food Nutrition 6, 73-80.
- Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations. 2014. Retrieved from ftp://ftp.fao.org/FI/ STAT/summary/ a2.pdf.
- Gnnews. 2013. Retrieved from http://gnnews.co.kr/news/view.html?section=168&category= 170& item=&no= 158022.
- Hayashi N, Chen R, Ikezaki H and Ujihara T. 2007. Evaluation of the umami taste intensity of green tea by a taste sensor. J Agric Food Chem 56, 7384-7387. http://dx.doi.org/10.1021/jf800933x
- Heu MS, Kim HJ, Ham JS, Park SH, Kim HS, Kang KT, Jee SJ, Lee JH and Kim JS. 2008. Preparation and quality characteristics of seasoned and dried fish slice products using rainbow trout (Oncorhynchus mykiss). Korean Soc Food Sci Nutr 37, 348-356. https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2008.37.3.348
- Jeong CH, Ahn JH, Kim BS and Kim DS. 1995. Mass production of allfemale triploid eggs in rainbow trout (Oncorhynchus mykiss) during the fall season by chromosome manipulation. J Aquaculture 8, 141-148.
- Kang KT, Kim HJ, Lee TS, Kim HS, Heu MS, Hwang NA, Ha JH, Ham JS and Kim JS. 2007. Development and food component characteristics of canned boiled rainbow trout. J Korean Soc Food Sci Nutr 36, 1015-1021. https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2007.36.8.1015
- Kato H, Rhue MR and Nishimura T. 1989. Role of free amino acids and peptides in food taste. In Flavor Chemistry: Trends and Developments. American Chemical Society, Washington, DC, 158-174.
- Kim IB and Jo JY. 1978. Rearing of rainbow trout to commercial size in a indoor aquarium. Bull Korean Fish Soc 11, 233-238.
- Kim DS, Kim IB and Baik YG. 1986. A report of triploid rainbow trout production in Korea. Bull Korean Fish Soc 19, 575-580.
- Kim HJ, Kim MJ, Kim KH, Ji SJ, Lim KH, Park KH, Shin JH, Heu MS and Kim JS. 2012a. Comparison of food components in various parts of white muscle from cooked skipjack tuna Katsuwonus pelamis as a source of diet foods. Kor J Fish Aquat Sci 45, 307-316. http://dx.doi.org/10.5657/KFAS.2012.0307. https://doi.org/10.5657/KFAS.2012.0307
- Kim HJ, Kim MJ, Kim KH, Ji SJ, Lim KH, Park KH, Shin JH, Heu MS and Kim JS. 2012b. Preparation and characterization of canned skipjack tuna Katsuwonus pelamis as a health food. Kor J Fish Aquat Sci 45, 215-223. http://dx.doi.org/10.5657/KFAS. 2012.0215. https://doi.org/10.5657/KFAS.2012.0215
- Lee JH, Ji CI, Park DC, Gu YS, Park JH, Park YH and Kim SB. 1999. Isolation of taurine from cooking wastes of anchovy factory ship. Korean J Food Sci Technol 31, 1120-1123.
- Ministry of Oceans and Fisheries. 2014. Retrieved from http://www.fips.go.kr/.
- Ministry of Social Welfare of Japan. 1960. Guide to Experiment of Sanitary Infection. III. Volatile basic nitrogen. Kenpakusha, Tokyo, Japan, 30-32.
- Mok JS, Lee DS and Yoon HD. 2008. Mineral content and nutritional evaluation of fishes from the Korean coast. J Kor Fish Soc 41, 315-323. https://doi.org/10.5657/kfas.2008.41.5.315
- Nabetani H, Hagiwara S, Yanai N, Shiotani S, Baljinnyam J and Nakajima M. 2012. Purification and concentration of antioxidative dipeptides obtained from chicken extract and their application as functional food. J Food Drug Analysis 20, 179-183.
- National Fisheries Research and Development Institute. 2014. Retrieved from http://portal.nfrdi.re.kr/ oceanlife/ search/moreinfoview.jsp?mf_tax_id=MF0009948.
- Park YH, Chang DS and Kim SB. 1995. Processing and Utilization of Seafoods. Hyungsul Publishing Co., Seoul, Korea, 70-79, 213-215, 403-408.
- Park SY and Kim HR. 1996. Changes of food components and lipid peroxides in rainbow trout with growth. J Korean Soc Food Sci Nutr 25, 928-931.
- Park JH and Lee KH. 2005. Quality characteristics of beef meat of various places of origin. Korean J Food Cookery Sci 21, 528-535.
- The Korean Nutrition Society. 2000. Recommended Dietary Allowances for Koreans. The Korean Nutrition Society, Seoul, Korea, 157-218.
- Tji SG. 2012. Preparation and characterization of extracts from salmon frame using an autoclaving extraction. PhD thesis. Kunsan National University, Kunsan, Korea.
- Tsutagawa Y, Hosogai Y and Kawai H. 1994. Comparison of mineral and phosphorus contents of muscle and bone in the wild and cultured horse mackerel. J Food Hyg Soc Japan 34, 315-318. http://dx.doi.org/10.3358/shokueishi.35.315.
- Shin JG. 2000. A Comprehensive Bibliography on the Fishery Special Commodity in Korea. Suhyp Publishing Co., Seoul, Korea, 96-99, 196-199.
- Shin GM, Ahn YS, Shin DM, Kim HS, Kim HJ, Yoon MS, Heu MS, Kim JS. 2008. Comparison of muscle color, taste and nutrition components between red seabreams cultured by feeding and starving. J Korean Soc Food Sci Nutr 37, 1142-1147. http://dx.doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2008.37.9.1142. https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2008.37.9.1142
- Nutritional and Microbiological Characterization of Fish Jerky Produced Using Frame Muscle of the Sea Rainbow Trout Oncorhynchus mykiss vol.49, pp.3, 2016, https://doi.org/10.5657/KFAS.2016.0263
- Investigation of Food Quality Characterization of Processing By-product (Frame Muscle) from the Sea Rainbow Trout Oncorhynchus mykiss vol.48, pp.1, 2015, https://doi.org/10.5657/KFAS.2015.0026
- Sensory Characterization of Fish Jerky Produced from Frame Muscle of the Sea Rainbow Trout Oncorhynchus mykiss vol.49, pp.3, 2016, https://doi.org/10.5657/KFAS.2016.0270
- Processing optimization of restructured jerky from sea rainbow trout frame muscle vol.25, pp.3, 2016, https://doi.org/10.1007/s10068-016-0123-6
- Comparison of collagen characteristics of sea- and freshwater-rainbow trout skin vol.25, pp.1, 2016, https://doi.org/10.1007/s10068-016-0020-z