- Volume 30 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
An Idea on Increasing Income of Residents in DMZ Area Using FGI and SWOT Analysis -Focused on Haean-myeon in Yanggu-gun of Gangwon Province-
FGI와 SWOT분석을 이용한 DMZ일원 접경지역의 주민소득 증대방안 -강원도 양구군 해안면을 중심으로-
Choi, Sang Hyun;Lee, Jae Hwan;Lee, Sang Min;Choi, In Hwa;Chai, Du Song;Woo, Jong Choon
- Received : 2014.02.03
- Accepted : 2014.02.16
- Published : 2014.02.28
DMZ has a lot of natural resources. Also there is very important position as a ecological and geographical. Meanwhile, development schemes and plans were established but that was development to only simple plan such as a tourism and income without communication with local residents. This study was tried to exhibit increasing income of residents in DMZ area using FGI (Focus Group Interview) and SWOT analysis. First of all, analyzed the status of forest resources and carried out a Focus Group Interview targeting residents who live in around DMZ, and then suggest an alternative to increasing income and regional development in Yanggu-gun by SWOT strategies. As a result, realistic plan for achieving regional development is deregulation of the laws related to forest land use conversion for the forest product in DMZ area. Military experts and forest experts have to inspect the area for considering the practical application of the regulation in protected areas directly. National or local government has to effort pursuing future business for regional development through the communication with residents in DMZ area.
DMZ;FGI;SWOT;regional development;forest resources
- Choi KJ. 2010. Study on the development plan for the border areas in the Gyeonggi region : centering on the promotion of industry innovation clusters. MS thesis. Yeonse University, Seoul, Korea. (in Korean)
- Gangwon Province. 2012. Gangwon Statistics Yearbook. The Province of Gangwon.
- In CK. 2013. A Study on the Systematic Management Measures of Natural Resources in the Demilitarizes Zone : Based on the Demilitarizes Zone in Gyeonggi-Do. MS thesis. Dankook University, Seoul, Korea. (in Korean)
- Jeong HJ. 2006. Development of the DMZ and its border area : focusing on developing the tourism resources. MS thesis. Chungnam National University, Daejeon, Korea. (in Korean)
- Kim BS. 2008. Strategies for Inter-local Cooperation in the North-South Border Region of Gyeonggi and Gangwon Provinces. J Kyonggi Development Institute 10: 43-59. (in Korean with English abstract)
- Korea Forest Service. 2011. Systematic Management Measures of Natural Resources in the Demilitarizes Zone. Korea Forest Service.
- Ryu JH. 2008. Exploring the SWOT Strategy of Busan Metropolitan Government with the SWOT Analysis. J National Association Korean Local Government Studies 9: 23-46. (in Korean with English abstract)
Supported by : 산림청