- Volume 30 Issue 1
Macroscopic and microscopic characteristics of Yellow-hearted pine and Red pine were investigated. Wood color, annual ring width and latewood percentage were observed by the naked eye. Anatomical properties as the structure of three sections and cell dimensions were examined by an optical microscopy. As a result, the color of bark in Yellow-hearted pine was Reddish-grey, and Red pine showed brown or gray. The color of heartwood and sapwood in Yellow-hearted pine was deep-yellow to brown and creamy-white. And the color of heartwood and sapwood in Red pine was light-brown and light-yellow. The annual ring width of Yellow-hearted pine was narrower than that of Red pine, and the latewood percentage of Yellow-hearted pine was a little higher than that of Red pine. There was no significant difference in the anatomical characteristics between Yellow-hearted pine and Red pine.
Yellow-hearted pine (Hwangjangmok);Red pine;Anatomical characteristics;annal ring width;latewood percentage
- Korea Forest Service. 2012. Statistical Yearbook of Forestry.
- Uyeki H. 1928. On the physiognomy of Pinus densiflora growing in Korea and silvicultural treatment for its improvement. Bulletin of Agriculture and Forestry College of Suwon, Korea. pp 263.
- Kim NH. 2013. Hwangjangmok-Yellow-Hearted Akamatsu Wood - for Wooden Cultural Assets in Korea. International Symposium on Frontier Researches in Sustainable Humanosphere 2013. pp 5-7.
- Park BW. 2006. Pine and Hwangjangmok. Forestry Cooperative Federation. Forest 486: 28-33.
- Lee WT, Lee CH. 1989. Plant sociological studies on the Pinus densiflora forest in Korea. Korean J Ecol 12: 257-284.
- Lee WK, Biging GS, Son YH, Byun WH, Lee KH, Son YM, Seo JH. 2006. Geostatistical analysis of regional differences in stem taper form of Pinus densiflora in central Korea. Ecol 21: 513-525. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11284-006-0152-3
- Song HK, Kim SD, Jang KG. 1995. An analysis of vegetation - environment relationships of Pinus densiflora for. erecta and Chunyang - type of Pinus densiflora Communities by TWINSPAN and DCCA. J Korea For 84: 266-274.
- Jo JC. 1994. Stand structure and growth pattern Pinus densiflora S. et Z. and their relationship to forest fire in Sokwang-Ri, Uljin-Gun. Seoul National University, Seoul, Korea. pp 101.
- Kim JH, Lee WH, Hong SC. 1999. Studies on the fundamental properties of the wood of Gumgangsong (Pinus densoflora for. erecta Uyeki) (Part 1). J Kor Fur Soc 10: 55-62.
- Lee WC. 1996. Korea plants name study. Academy books. Seoul, Korea.
연구 과제 주관 기관 : 한국연구재단