- Volume 30 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
A Study on Stand Structure and Growth Characteristics of Korean White Pine (Pinus koraiensis) in North Central Region of Gangwon Province
강원 중ㆍ북부 지역의 잣나무 임분구조 및 생장특성
Lee, Daesung;Choi, Jungkee
- Received : 2014.02.04
- Accepted : 2014.02.07
- Published : 2014.02.28
The purpose of this research was to figure out the stand structure and growth characteristic with relation to DBH, height, and volume in sixteen Pinus koraiensis plantations of Gangwon province region. Age class was diversely distributed from age class II (16 yr) to age class VIII (77 yr), and, in terms of site index, sixteen regions were superior: nine regions 'high', seven regions 'middle'. The distribution of DBH by sites appeared a bell-shaped curve, and the number of trees was the most in diameter section of 18-22 cm. The dispersion of DBH was various with age and widest ranging from 18 cm to 58 cm in age class VII-VIII. The distribution of height was also a bell-shaped curve with the smaller deviation than the distribution of DBH, and most of trees were in height section of 14-18 m. The correlation of DBH and height was high (r=0.75), and the volume bigger than 1.0
Pinus koraiensis;permanent plot;DBH;height;volume
- Bae SW, Kim SK. 2003. A study on crown projection area and DBH growth in Pinus koraiensis plantations in Gyeonggi province. Kor J For Meas 6: 30-35.
- Daniel TW, Helms JA, Baker FS. 1979. Principles of silviculture. 2nd ed. McGraw-Hill, New York, pp 500.
- Choi IH, Seo OH. 1997. A study on thinning planning of Pinus koraiensis stand(1). J Res For Kangwon Nat'l Univ 13: 66-80.
- Choi JK, Choi IH. 1998. A study of stand structure and growth on Pinus koraiensis plantations. Kor J For Meas 1: 27-35.
- Choi JK, Woo JC, Kim JS, Seo YW, You BO, Jang JY. 2003. Analysis of growth comparison on Pinus koraiensis plantations. J Res For Kangwon Nat'l Univ 23: 57-63.
- Davis LS, Johnson KN, Davis KP. 1987. Forest management. 3rd ed. McGraw-Hill, New York, pp 790.
- Jang JY, Shin HJ, Woo JC. 2004. A study on the stand structure analysis by the changing growth in Korean white pine stand. J Res For Kangwon Nat'l Univ 20: 58-68.
- Kang SH, Hong SW, You BO, Choi JK, Choi IH. 2004. Growth monitering by time series in Pinus koraiensis plantation. Kor J For Meas 7: 1-8.
- Kim HS, Bae SW, Jang SC, Jeong JM. 2011. Stand structure and growth characteristics at different elevations of the Korean pine (Pinus koraiensis) natural forest on Mt. Seorak. J For Sci 27: 157-167.
- Korea Forest Service. 2012a. Statistical Yearbook of Forestry. pp 488.
- Korea Forest Service. 2012b. Tree volume, Biomass, and Yield table. pp. 261.
- Oliver CD, Larson BC. 1996. Forest stand dynamics. Wiley, New York, pp 520.
- Park NC, Kim SK, Lee YG. 2004. A characteristic of growth and branch development on Pinus koraiensis, Pinus densiflora and Larix leptolepis young stands. Kor J For Meas 7: 23-27.
- Pretzsch H. 2009. Forest dynamics, growth, and yield. Springer, Berlin, pp 664.