- Volume 30 Issue 1
해수농도가 큰비쑥의 종자발아 및 유식물 생장에 미치는 영향
DOI QR Code
Ko, Myoung-Suk;Bae, Kee-Hwa;Lee, Mi-Hyun;Kim, Nam-Young;Lee, Yeon-Kyung;Han, Myoung-Soo;Song, Jae-Mo;Song, Gwanpill
- 투고 : 2013.08.19
- 심사 : 2014.02.10
- 발행 : 2014.02.28
Halophytes are plants of saline habitats that grow under conditions that may vary in extremes of temperatures (freezing to very hot), water availability (drought to water logging) and salinity (mild to almost saturation). Halophytes may also face sudden micro-environmental variations within their habitats. In this study, we examine some of the factors that determine the ability of seeds of Artemisia fukudo to germinate when conditions are optimal for seedling growth and survival. Germination percentage was the highest at 77.5% when treated in 0% seawater and seedling growth was best in 0% seawater plug cell tray. Physiological quality (chlorophyll contents) and mean germination time were best in the condition in which seeds were treated with 0% seawater (control). Germination performance index in the control group showed the highest value to 3.8. Seedling growth, seedling vigor index in the length of seedling growth andthe relative growth rate were the highest values of 0.76 cm, 1.43, 0.0099, respectively.
- Abdul-Baki A, Anderson JD. 1973. Vigor determination in soybean seed by multiple criteria. Crop Sci 13: 630-633. https://doi.org/10.2135/cropsci1973.0011183X001300060013x
- Ashraf M, McNeilly T, Bradshaw AD. 1987. Selection and heritability of tolerance to sodium chloride in four forage species. Crop Sci 27: 232-234. https://doi.org/10.2135/cropsci1987.0011183X002700020021x
- Bae KH. 2000. Medicinal herb of Korea. Kyohaksa, pp 489.
- Beadle CL. 1993. Growth analysis. In: Photosynthesis and production in a changing environmen: a field and laboratory manual (Hall DO, Scurlock JMO, Bolhar-Nordenkampf HR, Leegood RC, Long SP, eds). Chapman&Hall, London, pp 36-46.
- Bewley JD, Black M. 1982. Physiology and biochemistry of seeds in relation to germination: 2, viability, dormancy, and environmental control. Springer-Verlag, Berlin, pp 323-326.
- Kang JH, Yoon SY, Jeon SH. 2004. Review: Analysis on practicality of seed treatments for medicinal plants published in Korean scientific journals. Korean J Medical Crop Sci 12: 328-341. (in Korean)
- Dudeck AE, Peacock CH, Sheehan TJ. 1986. An evaluation of germination media for turfgrass salinity studies. J Amer Soc Hort Sci 111: 170-173.
- Horst GL, Taylor RM. 1983. Germination and initial growth of kentucky bluegrass in soluble salts. Agron J 75: 679-681. https://doi.org/10.2134/agronj1983.00021962007500040024x
- Huh MR, Kwack BH. 1997. The effects of salinity on Hibiscus syriacus and Hibiscus hamabo seed germination. J Kor Flower Res Soc 6: 51-55.
- Kang JS, Cho JL. 1996. Effects of storage temperature and seed moisture content after priming on germination of tomato seeds. J Kor Soc Hort Sci 37: 652-656.
- Kim KS, Yoo YK, Lee GJ. 1991. Comparative salt tolerance study in Korean lawngrasses I. Comparison with western turfgrasses via in vitro salt tolerance test. J Kor Soc Hort Sci 32: 118-124.
- Komunsa. Eds. 1981. Explanations of herbal medicine. Komunsa, Seoul, pp 48.
- Lee SD, Park HH, Kim DW, Bang BH. 2000. Bioacitve constituents and utilitics of Artemisia sp. as medicinal herbs and foodstuff. Korea J Food Nutr 13: 490-505.
- Lee SJ. 1975. Studies on the identification of Korean traditional folk medicine(1). Korean J Raw Med 6: 75-80.
- Lee TB. 2003. Coloured flora of Korea I, II. Hyangmunsa, Seoul, pp 910, pp 914.
- Marcar NE. 1986. Effect of calcium on the salinity tolerance of Wimmera ryegrass (Lolium rigidum Gaud., cv. Wimmera) during germination. Plant and Soil 93: 129-132. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF02377152
- Matsuo A, Hara H, Nakayma Y. 1973. Chemical constituents of the essential oil of Artemisia fukudo. Fac Sci 4: 343-345.
- Moon GS. 1994. Components and utilization of herbal medicine Iwolseogak Seoul 126.
- Ryu SN, Kang SS, Kim JS, Ku BI. 2004. Quantitative analysis of eupatilin and jaceosidin in Artemisia herba. Korea J Crop Sci 49: 452-456.
- Scott SJ, Jones RA, Williams WA. 1984. Review of data analysis methods for seed germination. Crop Sci 24: 1192-1199. https://doi.org/10.2135/cropsci1984.0011183X002400060043x
- Shaybany B, Kashirad A. 1978. Effect of NaCl on growth and mineral composition of Acacia saligna in sand culture. J Amer Soc Hort Sci 103: 823-826.
- Shin DH, In JG, Yu SR, Choi KS. 2005. Investigation of medicinal substances from in vitro cultured cell and leaves of Artemisia princeps var. orientalis. Korean J Medicinal Crop Sci 13: 69-76.
- Stundstrom FJ, Reader RB, Ewards RL. 1987. Effect of seed treatment and planting method on tabasco pepper. J American Soc Hort Sci 112: 641-644.
- Torello WA, Symington AJ. 1984. Screening of turfgrass species and cultivars for NaCl tolerance Plant and Soil 82: 155-161. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF02220243
- Wada N, Zhang J. 2003. Component analysis of a halophyte, Suaeda japonica, grown on the shore of Ariake sea. Appl Biol Chem 52: 843-846.
- Yoon WJ, Lee JA, Kim KN, Kim JY, Park SY. 2007. In vitro anti-inflammatory activity of the Artemisia fukudo extracts in murine macrophage RAW 264.7 cells. Korean J Food Sci Technol 39: 464-469.
- Yun KA, Park YJ, Bae SJ. 2004. Antioxidant and tyrosinase inhibitory effects of Brassica oleracea L. fractions. J Korean Soc Food Sci Nutr 33: 7-15. https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2004.33.1.007
- Woerdenbag HJ, Luers JF, Uden J. 1993. Production of the new antimalarial drug artemisinin in shoot cultures of Artemisia annua L. Plant Cell Tiss Org Cult 32: 247-257. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF00029850
- Yook CS. 1977. Medicinal Plants, Jinmyung Publishing Co., pp 293-298.
연구 과제 주관 기관 : 환경부