- Volume 22 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Effectiveness of Active Hood and Pedestrian Protection Airbag Based on Real Vehicle Impact Test
실차평가시험을 기반으로 한 액티브 후드 및 보행자 보호 에어백 효과
- Yun, Yong-Won (Department of Mechanical Engineering, Hanyang University) ;
- Park, Gyung-Jin (Department of Mechanical Engineering, Hanyang University) ;
- Kim, Tai-Kyung (School of Mechanical Engineering, Hoseo University)
- Received : 2013.03.12
- Accepted : 2013.06.14
- Published : 2014.01.01
Pedestrian to vehicle traffic accidents show a very high mortality rate compared to the frequency of occurrence. In order to improve the pedestrian protection performance of the vehicle, the korean government added a "pedestrian safety" entry from the year 2007. The performance for pedestrian protection of current vehicles gradually improved compared to the past, but it is still insufficient. It was found that the pedestrian protection performance was very weak, such as the top of the bonnet, the A-pillar and under the front windshield. A application of an active hood and pedestrian protection airbags can be countermeasures for these weak points of pedestrian safety. The active hood and pedestrian protection airbags are designed and manufactured to apply to the top of the hood and to the bottom of the windshield. The manufactured system is equipped in a test vehicle and evaluated based on the Korea New Car Assessment Program(KNCAP) test procedures for the performance of pedestrian safety. As a result, the outstanding effect of pedestrian protection has been achieved by the active hood and the pedestrian protection airbag. The rates of pedestrian injury are reduced by 82.2% and 95.4%, respectively.
Supported by : 한국건설교통기술평가원
- Road Traffic Authority, Traffic Accident Statistical Analysis, 11-1320000-000011-10, 2012.
- Global Technical Regulation No.9 Pedestrian Safety, http://unece.org/trans/wp29/180a92, 2013.
- Korea Motor Vehicle Safety Standards, Ministry of Land Transport and Maritime Affairs, 2013.
- Korea New Car Assessment Program, http://www.car.go.kr/jsp/kncap/introduction.jsp, 2013.
- Korea New Car Assessment Program Brochure, 2012.
- H. K. Bae, B. D. Jung, G. H. Yoon, H. Liu and J. C. Lee, "Dynamic Analysis Study of Active Hood Lift System Actuator," KSAE Annual Conference Proceedings, pp.1804-1808, 2012.
- M. K. Shin, K. T. Park, K. B. Lee, H. I. Bae and G. J. Park, "Design of the Active Hood Lift System Using Orthogonal Arrays," Transactions of KSAE, Vol.14, No.4, pp.123-131, 2006.
- D. W. Lee, J. M. Kim, H. J. Kim, S. H. Chung, S. J. Kwon and B. H. Lee, "A Study on the Multidisciplinary CAE Analysis of the Active Hood Lift System for Pedestrian Protection,"KSAE Annual Conference Proceedings, pp.1983-1988, 2012.
- I. Hwang, K. H. Kim and T. G. Yang, "A Deve lopment of Active Hood System to Lift All Corners," KSAE Annual Conference Proceedings, pp.2025-2031, 2011.
- S. K. Noh, D. W. Kim, T. G. Yang and C. U. Ha, "A Development of Mechanical Active Hood System to Down the Hood," KSAE Annual Conference Proceedings, pp.1794-1798, 2012.
- K. B. Lee, H. J. Jung and H. I. Bae, "The Study on Developing Active Hood Lift System for Decreasing Pedestrian Head Injury," The 19th International Technical Conference on the Enhanced Safety of Vehicles (ESV), pp.18-21, 2007.
- S. H. Noh and D. R. Lee, "Study on Pedestrian Protection Device in Collision Using Pneumatic Cylinder and Simple Link Mechanism," Transactions of KSPSE, Vol.12, No.4, pp.64-71, 2008.
- W. D. Yoo, J. S. Ham and K. S. Cho, "Development and Feasible Study of Train to Pedestrian Protection Airbag," Transactions of KSAE, Vol.20, No.4, pp.82-91, 2012. https://doi.org/10.7467/KSAE.2012.20.4.082
- W. D. Yoo, J. S. Ham, K. S. Cho, T. S. Gwon and H. S. Jung, "Development and Feasible Study of Train to Pedestrian Protection Airbag," KSAE Annual Conference Proceedings, pp.3259-3268, 2010.
- Upper Legform Impact Test of the EuroNCAP Protocol Using a Human Model vol.26, pp.1, 2018, https://doi.org/10.7467/KSAE.2018.26.1.077