- Volume 51 Issue 3
In this paper, we investigate the influence of boundary dissipations on decay property of the solutions for a semilinear wave equation with damping and memory condition on the boundary using the multiplier technique.
wave equation;boundary damping;memory condition;general decay rate;Lyapunov functional
- R. Triggiani, Wave equation on a bounded domain with boundary dissipation: An operator approach, J. Math. Anal. Appl. 137 (1989), no. 2, 438-461.
- S. A. Messaoudi and A. Soufyane, General decay of solutions of a wave equation with a boundary control of memory type, Nonlinear Anal. R.W.A. 11 (2010), no. 4, 2896-2904. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.nonrwa.2009.10.013
- J. Y. Park and S. H. Park, On solutions for a hyperbolic system with differential inclusion and memory source term on the boundary, Nonlinear Anal. 57 (2004), no. 3, 459-472. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.na.2004.02.024
- S. H. Park, J. Y. Park, and J. M. Jeong, Boundary stabilization of hyperbolic hemivariational inequalities, Acta Appl. Math. 104 (2008), no. 2, 139-150. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10440-008-9246-y
- E. Zuazua, Uniform stabilization of the wave equation by nonlinear boundary feedback, SIAM J. Control Optim. 28 (1990), no. 2, 466-477. https://doi.org/10.1137/0328025
- S. A. Messaoudi, General decay of solutions of a viscoelastic equation, J. Math. Anal. Appl. 341 (2008), no. 2, 1457-1467. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jmaa.2007.11.048
- M. M. Cavalcanti and A. Guesmia, General decay rates of solutions to a nonlinear wave equation with boundary conditions of memory type, Differential Integral Equations 18 (2005), no. 5, 583-600.
- M. Aassila, M. M. Cavalcanti, and J. A. Soriano, Asymptotic stability and energy decay rates for solutions of the wave equation with memory in a star-shaped domain, SIAM J. Control Optim. 38 (2000), no. 5, 1581-1602. https://doi.org/10.1137/S0363012998344981
- F. Alabau-Boussouira, Convexity and weighted integral inequalities for energy decay rates of nonlinear dissipative hyperbolic systems, Appl. Math. Optim. 51 (2005), no. 1, 61-105. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00245
- M. M. Cavalcanti, V. N. Domingos Cavalcanti, and P. Martinez, General decay rate estimates for viscoelastic dissipative systems, Nonlinear Anal. 68 (2008), no. 1, 177-193. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.na.2006.10.040
- A. Guesmia, A new approach of stabilization of nondissipative distributed systems, SIAM J. Control Optim. 42 (2003), no. 1, 24-52. https://doi.org/10.1137/S0363012901394978
- A. Guesmia and S. A. Messaoudi, General energy decay estimates of Timoshenko systems with frictional versus viscoelastic damping, Math. Methods Appl. Sci. 32 (2009), no. 16, 2102-2122. https://doi.org/10.1002/mma.1125
- V. Komornik, Exact Controllability and Stabilization: The Multiplier Method, John Wiley and Sons, Masson, 1994.
- V. Komornik and E. Zuazua, A direct method for the boundary stabilization of the wave equation, J. Math. Pures Appl. (9) 69 (1990), no. 1, 33-54.
- I. Lasiecka and D. Tataru, Uniform boundary stabilization of semilinear wave equations with nonlinear boundary damping, Differential Integral Equations 6 (1993), no. 3, 507-533.
- P. Martinez, A new method to obtain decay rate estimates for dissipative systems, ESAIM Control Optim. Calc. Var. 4 (1999), 419-444. https://doi.org/10.1051/cocv:1999116
- Existence and general decay for nondissipative distributed systems with boundary frictional and memory dampings and acoustic boundary conditions vol.66, pp.4, 2015, https://doi.org/10.1007/s00033-014-0489-3
- Existence and general decay for nondissipative hyperbolic differential inclusions with acoustic/memory boundary conditions vol.289, pp.2-3, 2016, https://doi.org/10.1002/mana.201400343
- Uniform Stabilization of an Axially Moving Kirchhoff String by a Boundary Control of Memory Type vol.23, pp.2, 2017, https://doi.org/10.1007/s10883-016-9310-2