- Volume 43 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
Physiological Properties of Sarcodon aspratus Extracts by Ethanol Concentration
능이버섯 추출물의 생리활성 효과
- Lee, Hye-Jin (Korea Food Research Institute) ;
- Do, Jeong-Ryong (Korea Food Research Institute) ;
- Jung, Sung Keun (Korea Food Research Institute) ;
- Kim, Hyun-Ku (Korea Food Research Institute)
- Received : 2014.02.12
- Accepted : 2014.02.18
- Published : 2014.05.31
Physiological properties of Sarcodon aspratus extracts were investigated. Yields of water, 30, 60, and 90% ethanolic extracts were 52.10, 46.90, 41.50, and 32.20%, respectively. The 2,2-diphenyl-1-picrylhydrazyl radical scavenging activity of 60% ethanolic extract was 40.40% at a concentration of 4 mg/mL, which was highest of all the extracts. The polyphenol content of 60% ethanolic extract was the highest at 16.23 mg/g at a concentration of 1 mg/mL. Superoxide anion radical scavenging activities were 56.30~77.05% at concentrations of 1, 2, and 4 mg/mL, which were better than the ascorbic acid activity (56.19% at 10 mg/mL) (P<0.05). Nitrite-scavenging ability was the most effective in 30% ethanolic extract. A pH level of 3.0 was the most effective for all extracts. Angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitory activities of Sarcodon aspratus extracts were from 52.67 to 89.52%.
- Kang HC, Yun BS, Yu SH, Yoo IC. 2000. Chemical structure of the compounds isolated from the mushroom Sarcodon asparatus. J Korean Soc Agric Chem Biotechnol 43: 298-302.
- Jeong OJ, Yoon HS, Min YK. 2001. Aroma characteristics of Neungee (Sarcodon aspratus). Korean J Food Sci Technol 33: 307-312.
- Lee SH, Kim NW, Shin SR. 2003. Studies on the nutritional components of mushroom (Sarcodon aspratus). Korean J Food Preserv 10: 65-69.
- Song JH, Lee HS, Hwang JK, Han JW, Ro JG, Keum DH, Park KM. 2003. Physiological activity of Sarcodon aspratus extracts. Korean J Food Sci Ani Resour 23: 172-179.
- Joo OS. 2008. Chemical components and physiological acitvities of Neungee mushroom (Sarcodon aspratus). Korean J Food Preserv 15: 864-871.
- Blois MS. 1958. Antioxidant determinations by the use of a stable free radical. Nature 181: 1199-1120. https://doi.org/10.1038/1811199a0
- Folin O, Denis W. 1912. On phosphotungastic-phosphomolybdic compounds as color reagents. J Biol Chem 12: 239-249.
- Marklund S, Marklund G. 1974. Involvement of superoxide anion radical in the oxidation of pyrogallol and a convenient assay for superoxide dismutase. European J Biochem 47: 469-474. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1432-1033.1974.tb03714.x
- Gray JI, Dugan Jr LR. 1975. Inhibition of N-nitrosamine formation in model food system. J Food Sci 40: 981-984. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2621.1975.tb02248.x
- Cushman DW, Cheung HS. 1971. Spectrophotometric assay and properties of the angiotensin-converting enzyme of rabbit lung. Biochem Pharmacol 20: 1637-1648. https://doi.org/10.1016/0006-2952(71)90292-9
- Ancerewicz J, Migliavacca E, Carrupt PA, Testa B, Bree F, Zini R, Tillement JP, Labidalle S, Guyot D, Chauvet-Monges AM, Crevat A, Le Ridant A. 1998. Structure-property relationships of trimetazidine derivatives and model compounds as potential antioxidants. Free Radic Biol Med 25: 113-120. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0891-5849(98)00072-0
- Yoon KY, Lee SH, Shin SR. 2006. Antioxidant and antimicrobial activities of extracts from Sarcodon aspratus. J Korean Soc Food Sci Nutr 35: 967-972. https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2006.35.8.967
- Kim DH, Park SR, Debnath T, Hasnat MDA, Pervin MP, Lim BO. 2013. Evaluation of the antioxidant activity and anti-inflammatory effect of Hericium erinaceus water extracts. Korean J Medicinal Crop Sci 21: 112-117. https://doi.org/10.7783/KJMCS.2013.21.2.112
- Kang HW. 2012. Antioxidant and anti-inflammatory effect of extracts from Flammulina velutipes (Curtis) Singer. J Korean Soc Food Sci Nutr 41: 1072-1078. https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2012.41.8.1072
- Madsen HL, Andersen CM, Jorgensen LV, Skibsted LH. 2000. Radical scavenging by dietary flavonoids. Eur Food Res Technol 211: 240-246. https://doi.org/10.1007/s002170000189
- Boo HO, Lee HH, Lee JW, Hwang SJ, Park SU. 2009. Different of total phenolics and flavonoids, radical scavenging activities and nitrite scavenging effects of Momordica charantia L. according to cultivars. Korean J Medicinal Crop Sci 17: 15-20.
- Lim HW, Yoon JH, Kim YS, Lee MW, Park SY, Choi HK. 2007. Free radical-scavenging and inhibition of nitric oxide production by four grades of pine mushroom (Tricholoma matsutake Sing.). Food Chem 103: 1337-1342. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.foodchem.2006.10.046
- Kim EY, Baik IH, Kim JH, Kim SR, Rhyu MR. 2004. Screening of the antioxidant activity of some medicinal plants. Korean J Food Sci Technol 36: 333-338.
- Ha JH, Jeong MH, Seo YC, Yong CW, Kim JS, Kim HH, Ahn JH, Lee HY. 2010. Enhancement of antioxidant activities of bark of Berberis koreana Palibin by lactic acid fermentation. Korean J Medicinal Crop Sci 18: 421-428.
- Jun DH, Kim HY, Han SI, Kim YH, Kim SG, Lee JT. 2013. Studies on antioxidant effect of mushroom complex. J Life Sci 23: 377-382. https://doi.org/10.5352/JLS.2013.23.3.377
- Ma SJ. 2000. Inhibitory effect of onion seasoning on angiotensin converting enzyme. J Korean Soc Food Sci Nutr 29: 395-400.
- Kim JS, Kim MJ, Park MH, Ryu BM, Moon GS. 2008. Angiotensin converting enzyme inhibition and antihypertensive effects of Phyllostachys pubescens culm extracts in spontaneously hypertensive rats. J Korean Soc Food Sci Nutr 37: 27-34. https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2008.37.1.27
- Kang MG, Bolormaa Z, Lee JS, Seo GS, Lee JS. 2011. Antihypertensive activity and anti-gout activity of mushroom Sarcodon aspratus. Kor J Mycol 39: 53-56. https://doi.org/10.4489/KJM.2011.39.1.053
- Evaluation of Antioxidant and Antimicrobial Activities of Solvent Extracts from Coriolus versicolor vol.44, pp.12, 2015, https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2015.44.12.1793
- Antioxidant, Anti-diabetic, Anti-cholinesterase, and Nitric Oxide Inhibitory Activities of Fruiting Bodies of Agaricus brasiliensis vol.47, pp.4, 2015, https://doi.org/10.15324/kjcls.2015.47.4.194
- In vitro antioxidant, anti-diabetic, anti-cholinesterase, tyrosinase and nitric oxide inhibitory potential of fruiting bodies of Coprinellus micaceus vol.12, pp.4, 2014, https://doi.org/10.14480/JM.2014.12.4.330
- Study of Lipoprotein Lipase Inhibitory Activity of Anti-obesity Herb Extracts vol.47, pp.2, 2015, https://doi.org/10.9721/KJFST.2015.47.2.246
- Antioxidant Activity of Brown Soybean Ethanolic Extracts and Application to Cooked Pork Patties vol.36, pp.3, 2016, https://doi.org/10.5851/kosfa.2016.36.3.359