- Volume 43 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
Quality Characteristics of Yanggaeng Added with Different Forms and Concentrations of Fresh Paprika
파프리카 첨가 형태 및 첨가량에 따른 양갱의 품질특성
- Park, La Young (Dept. of Food Science & Technology, Catholic University of Daegu) ;
- Woo, Da In (Dept. of Food Science & Technology, Catholic University of Daegu) ;
- Lee, Sung Won (Dept. of Food Science & Technology, Catholic University of Daegu) ;
- Kang, Hye Min (Dept. of Food Science & Technology, Catholic University of Daegu) ;
- Lee, Shin Ho (Dept. of Food Science & Technology, Catholic University of Daegu)
- 박나영 (대구가톨릭대학교 식품공학전공) ;
- 우다인 (대구가톨릭대학교 식품공학전공) ;
- 이성원 (대구가톨릭대학교 식품공학전공) ;
- 강혜민 (대구가톨릭대학교 식품공학전공) ;
- 이신호 (대구가톨릭대학교 식품공학전공)
- Received : 2013.12.06
- Accepted : 2014.04.07
- Published : 2014.05.31
The antioxidant activity and sensory quality of Yanggaeng added with paprika (juice or paste) were investigated. Paprika juice (PJ) or paste (PP) mixed with water at ratios of 0:10 (control), 2:8 (1), 4:6 (2), 6:4 (3), 8:2 (4), and 10:0 (5) were used as ingredients for Yanggaeng. The pH levels of Yanggaeng added with PJ and PP were lower than that of control, and it decreased with increasing PJ or PP contents. Lightness values of PJ and PP Yanggaeng were lower than that of control. Redness and yellowness of PP Yanggaeng was higher than those of PJ Yanggaeng. Hardness, springiness, and cohesiveness were the highest in control and decreased with the amount of PJ or PP. Total polyphenol contents and DPPH radical scavenging activity of PP5 Yanggaeng were the highest. Sensory evaluation showed that color, taste, flavor, texture, and overall acceptability of PJ and PP Yanggaeng were higher than those of control. PJ4 Yanggaeng showed the highest taste (4.46) and overall acceptability (4.23) values, respectively. Sensory quality of PP1 Yanggaeng showed the highest levels of color, taste, flavor, texture, and overall acceptability among PP Yanggaeng.
- Jeong BM. 2004. Nutritional components of yanggeng prepared by different ratio pumpkin. Korean J Soc Food Cookery Sci 20: 614-618.
- Choi EJ, Kim SI, Kim SH. 2010. Quality characteristics of yanggaeng by the addition of green tea powder. J East Asian Soc Dietary Life 20: 415-422.
- Kwak ES, Kim HR, Lee K, Kim MR. 2009. Antioxidant activities and quality characteristics of fermented and aged garlic Yanggeng. Korean J Food Cookery Sci 25: 739-746.
- Ku SK, Choi HY. 2009. Antioxidant activity and quality characteristics of red ginseng sweet jelly (Yanggeng). Korean J Food Cookery Sci 25: 219-226.
- Park EY, Kang SG, Jeong CH, Choi SD, Shim KH. 2009. Quality characteristics of Yanggeng added with paprika powder. J Agric Life Sci 43: 37-43.
- Park MR, Byun GI. 2005. Quality characteristics of pine mushroom yanggaeng prepared by different addition of frozen pine mushroom according to different pre-treatment. Korean J Food Culture 20: 738-743.
- Kim JH, Park JH, Park SD, Kim JK, Kang WW, Moon KD. 2002. Effect of addition of various mesh sifted powders from safflower seed on quality characteristics of Yangeng. Korean J Food Preserv 9: 309-314.
- Lee JW. 2001. Present condition of paprika cultivation and its prospects for export. Kor Res Soc Protected Hort 14: 36-41.
- Fisher C, Kocis JA. 1987. Separation of paprika pigments by HPLC. J Agric Food Chem 35: 55-57. https://doi.org/10.1021/jf00073a012
- Murakami A, Nakashima M, Koshiba T, Maoka T, Nishino H, Yano M, Sumida T, Kim OK, Koshimizu K, Ohigashi H. 2000. Modifying effects of carotenoids on superoxide and nitric oxide generation from stimulated leukocytes. Cancer Lett 149: 115-123. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0304-3835(99)00351-1
- Singleton VL, Orthofer R, Lamuela-Raventos RM. 1999. Analysis of total phenols and other oxidation substrates and antioxidants by means of Folin-Ciocalteu reagent. Method Enzymol 299: 152-178. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0076-6879(99)99017-1
- Matsufuji H, Nakamura H, Chino M, Takeda M. 1998. Antioxidant activity of capsanthin and the fatty acid esters in paprika (Capsicum annuum). J Agric Food Chem 46: 3468-3472. https://doi.org/10.1021/jf980200i
- Etoh H, Utsunomiya Y, Komori A, Murakami Y, Oshima S, Inakuma T. 2000. Carotenoids in human blood plasma after ingesting paprika juice. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem 64: 1096-1098. https://doi.org/10.1271/bbb.64.1096
- Jung JY, Choi MH, Hwang JH, Chung HJ. 2004. Quality characteristics of Jeung-pyun prepared with paprika juice. J Korean Soc Food Sci Nutr 33: 869-874. https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2004.33.5.869
- Jeong CH, Kim JH, Cho JR, Ahn CG, Shim KH. 2007. Quality characteristics of sponge cake upon addition of paprika powder. Korean J Food Preserv 14: 281-287.
- Jeong CH, Ko WH, Cho JR, Ahn CG, Shim KH. 2007. Preparation and characteristics of juice and jelly using Korea paprika. J Agric Life Sci 41: 13-20.
- AOAC. 1995. Official methods of analysis. 16th ed. Association of Official Analytical Chemists, Washington, DC, USA. Chap 3, p 1-26.
- Hwang ES, Lee YJ. 2013. Quality characteristics and antioxidant activities of yanggaeng with aronia juice. J Korean Soc Food Sci Nutr 42: 1220-1226. https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2013.42.8.1220
- Blois MS. 1958. Antioxidant determinations by the use of a stable free radical. Nature 181: 1199-1200. https://doi.org/10.1038/1811199a0
- Ko WH. 2005. Physicochemical properties and application of different Korean paprika varieties. MS Thesis. Gyeongsang National University, Jinju, Korea. p 16.
- Lee M, Yoon SJ. 2006. The quality properties of Dotoridasik with added acorn powder. Korean J Food Cookery Sci 22: 849-854.
- Rural Development Administration. 2009. Functional ingredient list. National Academy of Agricultural Science, Suwon, Korea. p 51
- Kim MH, Chae HS. 2011. A study of the quality characteristics of Yanggaeng supplemented with Codonopsis lanceolata Traut (Benth et Hook). J East Asian Soc Dietary Life 21: 228-234.
- Gheldof N, Engeseth NJ. 2002. Antioxidants capacity of honeys from various floibition of vitrolipoprotein oxidation in human samples. J Agric Food Chem 50: 3050-3055. https://doi.org/10.1021/jf0114637
- Padayatty SJ, Katz A, Wang Y, Eck P, Kwon O, Lee JH, Chen S, Corpe C, Dutta A, Dutta SK, Levine M. 2003. Vitamin C as an antioxidant; evaluation of its role in disease prevention. J Am Coll Nutr 22: 18-35. https://doi.org/10.1080/07315724.2003.10719272
- Quality Characteristics and Antioxidant Activities of Yanggaeng Supplemented with Licorice Powder vol.45, pp.7, 2016, https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2016.45.7.1077
- Quality Characteristics and Antioxidant Activities of Yanggaeng Added with Viscum album Extracts vol.28, pp.1, 2017, https://doi.org/10.7856/kjcls.2017.28.1.93
- Quality Characteristics and Descriptive Analysis of Yanggaeng added with Lycii Fructus Extract vol.24, pp.5, 2015, https://doi.org/10.5934/kjhe.2015.24.5.725
- Effect of Addition of Blackcurrant Powder on Quality and Antioxidant Activity of Yanggaeng vol.31, pp.5, 2016, https://doi.org/10.7318/KJFC/2016.31.5.457
- Antioxidant Effects and Storage Stability of Yanggaeng Supplemented with Lycii Fructus Extract vol.25, pp.3, 2016, https://doi.org/10.5934/kjhe.2016.25.3.375