- Volume 14 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
Structuralization Expected Outcome of Social Welfare Program Based on Community Network : Using Concept Mapping Method
지역사회네트워크를 기반으로 한 사회복지프로그램 기대성과 구조화 : 컨셉트 맵핑(concept mapping)을 활용하여
- 권순애 (창신대학교 사회복지학과)
- Received : 2014.04.07
- Accepted : 2014.05.14
- Published : 2014.05.28
The purpose of this study is to verify the applicability of concept mapping in the process of planning social welfare program based on community network. Concept mapping is a kind of decision-making method that structuralized complex ideas and presented visually. Already, concept mapping is widely utilized in counseling, nursing and public health area to plan and evaluation their program and service. For recent, effectiveness of concept mapping has been reported. Concept mapping is a effective decision-making method that they recognize outcome gap between service provider and client, reach the outcome's consensus in counseling and nursing, medical area. In this study, we conceptualized 3rd year outcomes of Community Impact Project that was supported from Busan Chest using concept mapping. This CI project intervenes children and youth who lives in Buk-gu, Busan. Concept mapping has six stages-preparation, collecting ideas, structuring statements, representing statement, interpreting the results of the analysis, applying the results. We followed these steps. The participants were working at social welfare organizations, total 11 persons. We obtained 60 statements and analyzed using multidimensional scaling. we collected 5 clusters, cluster 1 'awareness and attitude change of children and youth', cluster 2 'social system change of children and youth', cluster 3 'friendly community formation', cluster 4 'community people change', cluster 5 'service provider change'. As a result, among total 5 clusters formed, 'awareness and attitude change of children and youth' came to the strongest outcomes. When concept mapping was applied to the program planning, the consensus of the opinion came easily in the decision-making process, and the participants were empowered. In addition, clear conceptualization on each element of the program planning was made.
- P. Frumkin and A. Andre-Clark, "When missions, markets, and politics collide: values and strategy in the nonprofit human services," Nonprofit and Voluntary Sector Quarterly, Vol.29, No.1, pp.141-163, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1177/089976400773746373
- S. Yampolskaya," Using concept mapping to develop a logic model and articulate a program theory: a case example," American Journal of Evaluation, Vol.25, No.2, pp.191-207, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1177/109821400402500204
- 이현아, 이기학, "학교상담의 도움요소와 불만족 요소에 대한 개념도 연구: 중학생 내담자와 전문상담교사의 인식비교", 한국심리학회지, 제7권, 제2호, pp.123-149, 2010.
- L. Anderson," Using concept mapping to develop a logic model for the prevention research centers program," Preventing Chronic Disease:Public Health Research, Practice and Policy, Vol.3, No.1, pp.1-9, 2006.
- R. P. Bedi," Concept mapping the client's perspective on counseling alliance formation," Journal of Counseling Psychology, Vol.53, No.1, pp.26-35, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1037/0022-0126.96.36.199
- S. J. Fitzpatricka and S. J. Zizzib, "Using Concept Mapping to Identify Action Steps for Physical Activity Promotion in Cancer Treatment," American Journal of Health Education, Vol.45, No.1, pp.20-28, 2014. https://doi.org/10.1080/19325037.2013.852999
- A. George, R. Geethakrishnan, and D. Preethy, "Concept Mapping: A Child Health Nursing Practical Exercise," Holistic Nursing Practice, Vol.28, No.1, pp.43-47, 2014. https://doi.org/10.1097/HNP.0000000000000001
- C. S. Hammarlund, M. H. Nilsson, and P. Hagell, "Measuring outcomes in Parkinson's disease: a multi-perspective concept mapping study," Quality of Life Research, Vol.21, No.3, pp.453-463, 2012. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11136-011-9995-3
- R. Herman and D. Renz,"Advancing nonprofit organizational effectiveness research and theory : nine theses," Nonprofit Management & Leadership. Vol.18, No.4, pp.399-415, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1002/nml.195
- K. Jackson and W. Trochim, "Concept mapping as an alternative approach for the analysis of open-ended survey responses," Organizational Research Methods, Vol.5, No.4, pp.307-336, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1177/109442802237114
- M. Kane and W. Trochim, Concept Mapping for Planning and Evaluation, Thousand Oks, CA : Sage Publication, 2007.
- S. R. Rosas, "Concept mapping as a technique program theory development: an illustration using family support programs," American Journal of Evaluation, Vol.26, No.3, pp.389-401, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1177/1098214005278760
- W. Trochim," Concept mapping: Soft science or hardart?," Evaluation and Program Planning, Vol.12, pp.87-112, 1989. https://doi.org/10.1016/0149-7189(89)90027-X
- W. Trochim and R. Linton,"Conceptualization for evaluation and planning," Evaluation and Program Planning, Vol.9, pp.289-308, 1998.
- 권순애, 김영종, "사회복지프로그램 기획에서의 concept mapping적용 가능성: 저출산 관련 프로그램의 기대성과 중심으로", 한국사회복지조사연구, 제15권, pp.23-45, 2006.
- 김주현, 이지연, "디렉터가 지각하는 사이코드라마 치료 요인에 대한 개념도 연구", 한국사이코드라마학회지, 제15권, 제2호, pp.31-50, 2012.
- 김준기, 이민호, "한국의 네트워크 거버넌스에 관한 연구: 사회복지관의 네트워크와 조직 효과성", 행정논총, 제44권, 제1호, pp.91-126, 2006.
- 김지영, "네트워크 성과측정 기획을 위한 개념도 연구법(Concept Mapping)적용가능성", 한국사회 복지학, 제59권, 제3호, pp.281-304, 2007.