- Volume 19 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
A Study on the Affecting Factors of U-City Service Acceptance
U-City 서비스 수용에 영향을 미치는 요인에 관한 연구
- Han, Dong Hun (Department of Information and Industrial Engineering, Yonsei University) ;
- Kim, Kwang Soo (Department of Information and Industrial Engineering, Yonsei University) ;
- Leem, Choon Seong (Department of Information and Industrial Engineering, Yonsei University)
- Received : 2014.02.10
- Accepted : 2014.02.28
- Published : 2014.05.31
Ubiquitous City(U-City) is spotlighted for the new paradigm to solve the problem of urbanization using ICT technology. However, due to the lower profit and the insufficient of citizen-experience service, ubiquitous service(U-Service) is perceived negatively. In this sense, a study for user-centric profitable service development is needed. This study, as a basic research for the development of U-service, is conducted to identify the factors which are affected to acceptance of the U-Service. Technology Acceptance Model is applied for the basic model of the research. The model is modified by the U-City characteristic which has user, technology, and service perspective. The proposed model is empirically tested using survey data collected from 600 citizens of 7 U-City. Structural equation modeling is employed to test the research hypotheses. The survey analysis results are able to apply for basic research of U-Service design, and provide theoretical and practical implications.
Supported by : 국토교통부, 연세대학교
- Agarwal, R. and Karahanna, E., "Time Flies when you are Having Fun : Cognitive Absorption and Beliefs about Information Technology Usage," MIS Quarterly, Vol. 24, No. 4, pp. 665-694, 2000. https://doi.org/10.2307/3250951
- Bandura, A., "Reflections on Self-Efficacy," Advances in behaviour research and therapy, Vol. 1, No. 4, pp. 237-268, 1978. https://doi.org/10.1016/0146-6402(78)90012-7
- Chang, M. K. and Cheung, W., "Determinants of the intention to use internet/ WWW at work : A confirmatory study," Information and Management, Vol. 39 No. 1, pp. 1-14, 2001. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0378-7206(01)00075-1
- Chin, W. W., "The Partial Least Squares Approach to Structural Equation Modeling," Modern methods for business research, Vol. 295, No. 2, pp. 295-336, 1998.
- Chin, W. W., Gopal, A., and Salisbury, W. D., "Advancing the Theory of Adaptive Structuration : The development of a scale to measure faithfulness of appropriation," Information Systems Research, Vol. 8, No. 4, pp. 342-367, 1997. https://doi.org/10.1287/isre.8.4.342
- Cho, Y. J., An, S. J., and Chang, J. H., "Citizen-friendly U-City Service Model and Demand Research," The Journal of the Korea Contents Association, Vol. 10, No. 4, pp. 406-414, 2010. https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2010.10.4.406
- Chuan-Chuan Lin, J., and Lu, H., "Toward an Understanding of the Behavioral Intention to Use a Website," International Journal of Information Management, Vol. 20, pp. 197-208, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0268-4012(00)00005-0
- Compeau, D. R. and Higgins, C. A., "Computer self-efficacy : Development of a measure and initial test," MIS Quarterly, pp. 189-211, 1995.
- Davis, F. D., "Perceived Usefulness, Perceived Ease of Use, and User Acceptance of Information Technology," MIS Quarterly, Vol. 13, No. 3, pp. 319-340, 1989. https://doi.org/10.2307/249008
- Davis, F. D., Babozzi, R. P., and Warshaw, P. R., "Extrinsic and intrinsic motivation to use computers in the workplace," Journal of applied social psychology, Vol. 22, No. 14, pp. 1111-1132, 1992. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1559-1816.1992.tb00945.x
- Fornell, C. and Larcker, D. F., "Evaluating Structural Equation Models with Unobservable Variables and Measurement Error," Journal of marketing research, Vol. 18, No. 1, pp. 39-50, 1981. https://doi.org/10.2307/3151312
- Frederick, R. F. and Schefter, P., "ELoyalty : Your secret weapon on the web," Harvard Business Review, Vol. 78, No. 4, pp. 105-113, 2000.
- Gefen, D., "E-Commerce : The Role of Familiarity and Trust," Omega, Vol. 28, No. 6, pp. 725-737, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0305-0483(00)00021-9
- Gefen, D., Karahanna, E., and Straub, D. W., "Trust and TAM in Online Shopping : An Integrated Model," MIS Quarterly, Vol. 27, No. 1, pp. 51-90, 2003. https://doi.org/10.2307/30036519
- Van der Heijden, H., Verhagen, T., and Creemers, M., "Understanding Online Purchase Intentions : Contributions from Technology and Trust Perspectives," European Journal of Information Systems, Vol. 12, No. 1, pp. 41-48, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1057/palgrave.ejis.3000445
- Hwang, B. J., Kim, B. S., and Lee, J. Y., "Proposes on Essential Ubiquitous City Service to Guarantee Minimum Quality of Ubiquitous City," Journal of the Korean Society for Geospatial Information System, Vol. 21, No. 1, pp. 53-64, 2013. https://doi.org/10.7319/kogsis.2013.21.1.053
- Hwang, I. T. and Shim, W. S., "A Qualitative Approach of Dimension Influencing on Consumer Trust in Internet Banking," Korean computer and accounting review, Vol. 6, No. 1, 2007.
- Igbaria, M., Guimaraes, T., and Davis, G. B., "Testing the Determinants of Microcomputer Usage via a Structural Equation Model," Journal of Management Information Systems, Vol. 11, No. 4, pp. 87-114, 1995. https://doi.org/10.1080/07421222.1995.11518061
- Igbaria, M. and Iivari, J., "The effects of self-efficacy on computer usage," Omega, Vol. 23, No. 6, pp. 587-605, 1995. https://doi.org/10.1016/0305-0483(95)00035-6
- Igbaria, M., Zinatelli, N., Cragg, P., and Cavaye, A. L., "Personal computing acceptance factors in small firms : a structural equation model," MIS Quarterly, pp. 279-302, 1997.
- Jarvenpaa, S. L., Tractinsky, N., and Saarinen, L., "Consumer Trust in an Internet Store : A Cross-Cultural Validation," Journal of Computer-Mediated Communication, Vol. 5, No. 2, 1999.
- Jeong, K. S., Moon, T. H., and Heo, S. Y., "A Study on U-City Service Classification and the Service Framework for the Standardization of U-City Service," The Journal of KOREA Planners Association, Vol. 44, No. 3, pp. 231-246, 2009.
- Kannan, P. K., Chang, A. M., and Whinston, A. B., "Wireless Commerce : Marketing Issues and Possibilites," In System Sciences, Proceedings of the 34th Annual Hawaii International Conference on (pp. 6-pp). IEEE, 2001.
- Kim, B. G., Kim, J. H., and Leem, C. S., "Development and Application of an Evaluation Model for Ubiquitous City Project," The Journal of Society for e-Business Studies, Vol. 17, No. 2, pp. 87-104, 2012. https://doi.org/10.7838/jsebs.2012.17.2.087
- Kim, B. H., Koo, J. H., and Kwak, I. Y., "Modelling a Virtuous Cycled U-City for the Sustainable U-City," Journal of Korea Spatial Information System Society, Vol. 11, No. 1, 2009.
- Kim, H. J. and Jung, C. H., "The Impacts of Commodity and User Characteristics on Customers' Intention to Reuse in Mobile Banking Services," The Journal of Business Education, Vol. 21, pp. 215-246, 2008.
- Kim, J. K. and Ha, M. J., "Spreading out the Citizen's Acceptance on the u-Public Service : A Case of u-Green in Seoul Metropolitan Government," Korean Policy Studies Review, Vol. 15, No. 4, pp. 105-130, 2011.
- Kim, K. and Prabhakar, B., "Initial Trust, Perceived Risk, and the Adoption of Internet Banking," In Proceedings of the twenty first international conference on Information systems (pp. 537-543), Association for Information Systems.
- Lee, C. H., "An Empirical Study on the Citizensʼ Perception Factors to the UCity Service Acceptance," Ph. D. Dessertation, Dong Eui University, 2012.
- Lee, E. A., Kim, E. J., Jung, J. J., and Kim, T. S., "Analysis on Attitudes of Different Individuals toward On-line Game Portal Sites," Journal of Korea Multimedia Society, Vol. 12, No. 4, pp. 583-590, 2009.
- Lee, J. H., Cho, S. M., Cheon, Y. J., and Leem, C. S., "An empirical study of the factors affecting u-service acceptance," pp. 38-47 in the Proceedings of Society for e-Business Studies Conference, 2011.
- Lee, M. G., "A Study on the Factors of Using Intention of U-City Services for the Diabled to Reduce Ubiquitous Divide," M.D. Dessertation, Ajou University, 2008.
- Lee, M. S., Moon, H. N., and Kang, Y. J., "A Study on Intention to Use in Internet Map Content Characteristics, Trust and User Satisfaction," The e-Business Studies, Vol. 11, No. 1, pp. 405-430, 2010.
- Lee, T. M. and Jun, J. K., "A Study on the Effect of Ubiquitous Connectivity and Contextual Offer on the Mobile-Commerce Adoption : An extension of the Technology Acceptance Model," The Journal of MIS Research, Vol. 33, No. 4, pp. 1043-1071, 2004.
- Lerderer, A., Maupin. D. J., Sena. M. P., and Zhuang, Y., "The technology acceptance model and the World Wide Web," Decision support systems, Vol. 29, No. 3, pp. 269-282, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0167-9236(00)00076-2
- Liao, C., Chen, J. L., and Yen, D. C., "Theory of planning behavior(TPB) and customer satisfaction in the continued use of e-service : An integrated model," Computers in Human Behavior, Vol. 23, No. 6, pp. 2804-2822, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.chb.2006.05.006
- Mathieson, K., "Predicting User Intention : Comparing the Technology Acceptance Model with the Theory of Planned Behavior," Information Systems Research, Vol. 2, No. 3, pp. 173-191, 1991. https://doi.org/10.1287/isre.2.3.173
- McKnight, D. H. and Chervany, N. L., "What is Trust? A Conceptual Analysis and An Interdisciplinary Model," America's Conference on Information Systems, 2000.
- McKnight, D. H., Cummings, L. L., Chervany, N. L., "Initial Trust Formation in New Organizational Relationships," Academy of Management Review, Vol. 23, 1998.
- National Information-Society Agency, "Study on Standardization Strategies for U-City Infrastructure, Technology, and Service Model," 2006.
- Noh, M. J. and Kim, H. Y., "An Study on the Influence of Mobile Characteristics on the Mobile Service Adoption," Business Education Review, Vol 48, 2007.
- Nunnally, J. C., "Psychometric Theory, 2nd ed.," McGraw-Hill, 1978.
- Oh, J. I., "Service Model@Ubiquitous Space," The 33rd International Conference on Computers and Industrial Engineering, 2004.
- Park, C. and You, J. H., "A Structural Model on Usage Behavior of Ubiquitous Campus Service," Information Systems Review, Vol. 8, No. 1, pp. 81-99, 2006.
- Park, D. W., Lee, J. H., and Kim, J. M., "Development of a Performance Reference Model(PRM) for Ubiquitous City Operations," The Journal of Society for e-Business Studies, Vol. 15, No. 3, pp. 25-44, 2010.
- Parthasarathy, M. and Bhattacherjee, A., "Understanding Post-Adoption Behavior in the Context of Online Services," Information Systems Research, Vol. 9, No. 4, pp. 362-379, 1989.
- Pavlou, P. A., "Consumer acceptance of electronic commerce : Intergrating trust and risk with the technology acceptance model," International journal of electronic commerce, Vol. 7, No. 3, pp. 101-131, 2003.
- Quelch, J. A. and Klein, L. R., "The internet and international marketing," Sloan Management Review, Vol. 37, No. 3, 1996.
- Ridings, C. M., Gefen, D., and Arinze, B., "Some antecedents and effects of trust in virtual communities," The Journal of Strategic Information Systems, Vol. 11, No. 3, pp. 271-295, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0963-8687(02)00021-5
- Rousseau, M. D., Sitkin, B. S., Burt, S. R., and Camerer, C., "Not so different after all : A cross-discipline view of trust," Academy of Management Review, Vol. 23, No. 3, pp. 393-404, 1998. https://doi.org/10.5465/AMR.1998.926617
- Ryu, Il. and Choi, H. R., "Factors Influencing the Consumer Trust and Mediating Roles of Trust on Purchasing Intention in B2C Electronic Commerce," The Journal of MIS Research, Vol. 13, No. 4, 2003.
- Shin, S. C., "U-city standardization and Service," TTA Journal, Vol. 112, pp. 23-29, 2007.
- Siau, K., Lim, E. P., and Shen, Z., "Mobile Commerce : Promises, Challenges, and Research Agenda," Journal of Database Marketing, Vol. 12, No. 3, pp. 4-34, 2001.
- Taylor, S. and Todd, P. A., "Understanding Information Technology Usage : A Test of Competing Models," Information systems research, Vol. 6, No. 2, pp. 144-176, 1995. https://doi.org/10.1287/isre.6.2.144
- Venkatesh, V., "Determinants of Perceived Ease of Use : Integrating Control, Intrinsic Motivation, and Emotion into the Technology Acceptance Model," Information systems research, Vol. 11, No. 4, pp. 342-365, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1287/isre.11.4.342.11872
- Venkatesh, V. and Davis, F. D., "A Model of the Antecedents of Perceived Ease of Use : Development and Test," Decision Sciences, Vol. 27, No. 3, pp. 451-481, 1996. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1540-5915.1996.tb01822.x
- Venkatesh, V. and Davis, F. D., "A Theoretical Extension of the Technology Acceptance Model : Four Longitudinal Field Studies," Management Science, Vol. 46, No. 2, pp. 186-204, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1287/mnsc.18.104.22.16826
- Vijayasarathy, L. R., "Predicting consumer intention to use on-line shopping : The case for an augmented technology acceptance model," Information and Management, Vol. 41, No. 6, pp. 747-762, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.im.2003.08.011
- Weiser, M., "The Computer for the 21st Century," Scientific American, Vol. 265, No. 3, pp. 94-104, 1991.
- Woo, H. J., Lee, J. H., and Park, S. Y., "Proposing User-Oriented u-Service Classification by Ubiquitous Characteristic," Journal of the Korea society of IT services, Vol. 10, No. 2, pp. 119-139, 2011.
- Xu, Y., Kim, H., and Vitharan, P., "Building Initial Online Trust : A Social Learning Theory Perspective and Application on Brick-and-Click Companies," Unpublished working paper, School of Computing, National University of Singapore, 2004.
- Yoo, H. S., Kim, M. Y., and Kwon, O. B., "A Study of Factors Influencing Ubiquitous Computing Service Acceptance," The Journal of Society for e-Business Studies, Vol. 13, No. 2, pp. 117-147, 2008.
- Yoo, H. S., Kim, M. Y., and Kwon, O. B., "Factors Influencing Acceptance of Hedonic Ubiquitous Services," The Journal of Society for e-Business Studies, Vol. 17, No. 1, pp. 1-21, 2012. https://doi.org/10.7838/jsebs.2012.17.1.001
- Yoon, S. J., "A Study on the Antecedents of Trust toward Shopping Mall Web Sites and Its Effects on Purchase Intention," The Journal of MIS Research, Vol. 29, No. 3, 2000.
- Yu, H. S., Kim, K. Y., and Lee, B. G., "Effect analysis of perceived easiness and usefulness on the intention to use mobile telematics services," Journal of Korea Spatial Information System Society, Vol. 9, No. 1, pp. 15-30, 2007.
- User Requirement Elicitation for U-City Residential Environment : Concentrated on Smart Home Service vol.20, pp.1, 2015, https://doi.org/10.7838/jsebs.2015.20.1.167