- Volume 16 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
The Development of the Hydrophobic - Low Viscosity Filling Material for the Surface Treatment for Pavement Preventive Maintenance
예방적 유지보수를 위한 소수성 저점도 AP 표면처리재 개발
- Received : 2014.02.03
- Accepted : 2014.03.24
- Published : 2014.04.15
PURPOSES : Surface treatment is a favorable method in the pavement preventive maintenance. This study (Part I) aimed to develop the low viscosity filling material for waterproof characteristics and high penetrable and weather resistance, and a series of companion study (Part II) presents the coating characteristics and performance analysis using field and lab tests. METHODS : Hydrophobic characteristics of the advanced surface treatment material are observed and measured the filling depth and the permeability for sand and asphalt pavement specimen using the water absorption test and permeability test, X-RAY CT test. Color difference for the weather resistance using ultraviolet ray accelerated weathering test is compared with asphalt pavement specimens. RESULTS : The developed material shows the decreased water absorption and increased impermeable effect because of the hydrophobic characteristics. It is found that the filling depth is about 6mm and weather resistance is better than asphalt pavement specimen. CONCLUSIONS : The advanced hydrophobic - low viscosity filling treatment material is developed in this study (Part I) to improve the waterproof characteristics and high filling capacity and weather resistance for the pavement preventive maintenance.
- Hwang, I. D., Youm, H. N., Chung, Y. J., (2010) " The Emulsification of Silane as Water Repellent for Concrete" Journal of the Korean Ceramic Society, Vol. 37, NO. 8, pp.760-767
- Choi, J. S., Kim, J. S., Kim, B. l., Kwon, S. A., (2012) "A Base Study for Surface Treatment of using Low Viscosity Hydrophobic Nano Seal" Fall conference Journal of Highway Engineering, pp.197-202
- Hawaii DOT, "Pavement Preventive Maintenance Guidelines", 2003
- Hicks, G. R., Peshkin, D. G., Seeds. S. B., (2007) "Selecting a Preventive Maintenance Treatment for Flexible Pavements", Transportation Research Board of the National Academies, pp.1-12
- Japan Road Association(1999), "Road Maintenance and Repair" pp.109-110.
- Nho, J. S., Choi, S. H., Kim, T. J., Park, C. K., Oh, B. J., (1998), "The Study of Water Stability of MDF Cement Composite by Addition of silane Coupling Agent" Journal of the Korean Ceramic Society, Vol.35, No.5, pp.421-428
- Song, S. B., Choi, J. S., Kim, J. S. (2012) "Field Application of Nano Seel Surface Treatment Method for Improvement of Moisture Resistance using Lab and Field Test" Spring Conference Journal of Highway Engineering pp.191-196
- Wisconsin DOT", Pavement Preventive Maintenance", 2003