- Volume 16 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
A Study on Numerical Modeling of Dynamic CPT using Particle Flow Code
입자결합모델을 이용한 동적콘관입시험(DCPT)의 수치해석 모델링에 관한 연구
- Received : 2014.02.07
- Accepted : 2014.03.13
- Published : 2014.04.15
PURPOSES : To solve problems in current compaction control DCPT(Dynamic Cone Penetrometer Test), highly correlated with various testing methods, simple, and economic is being applied. However, it、s hard to utilize DCPT results due to the few numerical analyses for DCPT have been performed and the lack of data accumulation. Therefore, this study tried to verify the validation of numerical modeling for DCPT by comparing and analyzing the results of numerical analyses with field tests. METHODS: The ground elastic modulus and PR(Penetration Rate) value were estimated by using PFC(Particle Flow Code) 3D program based on the discrete element method. Those values were compared and analyzed with the result of field tests. Also, back analysis was conducted to describe ground elastic modulus of field tests. RESULTS : Relative errors of PR value between the numerical analyses and field tests were calculated to be comparatively low. Also, the relationship between elastic modulus and PR value turned out to be similar. CONCLUSIONS : Numerical modeling of DCPT is considered to be suitable for describing field tests by carrying out numerical analysis using PFC 3D program.
- Lee, J. S., (2008), Analytical consideration on stability of tunnel excavation on soil NATM tunnels, Chung-ang University, Graduate School, Master Degree Thesis, 102p.
- Noh, T. K., (2013), Numerical modeling for triaxial compression test based on discrete element method, University of Seoul, Graduate School, Doctoral Degree Thesis, 121p.
- Choi, B. H., (2005), New explosion modeling and its application to concrete column blasting using PFC, Chonnam National University, Graduate School, Master Degree Thesis, 181p.
- Choi, J. S., (2008)", Fundamental study on establishing the subgrade compaction control criteria of DCPT with laboratory test and insitu tests", Korean Society of Road Engineering, Vol. 10, No. 4, pp.103-116
- Cundall, P.A. and Strack, O.D.L., (1979), "A discrete numerical model for granular assemblies", Geotechnical Engineering, Vol. 149, pp.47-65
- Itasca Consulting Group, Inc., (2006), Particle flow code manuals in three dimensions.
- Kim, B. I., Jeon, S. I. and Lee, M. S., (2006)", Comparison of field bearing capacity tests to evaluate the field application of dynamic cone penetrometer test", International Journal of Highway Engineering, Vol. 8, No. 4, pp.75-85
- Kim, J. M., Choi, J. S., Kim, B. I. and Han, J. S., (2006), "An comparison study on evaluation equations of elastic modulus and CBR by DCPT on the laboratory model", Proceeding of the KSRE Conference Vol. 8, pp.479-486