- Volume 34 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
A Factor Analysis of Urban Railway Casualty Accidents and Establishment of Preventive Response Systems
도시철도 철도안전사상사고 원인분석 및 예방대응체계구축
- Kim, Si Gon ;
- Park, Il Ha (Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport) ;
- Oh, Jae Kyung ;
- Kim, Yeon Kyu
- 김시곤 (서울과학기술대학교 철도전문대학원) ;
- 박일하 (서울과학기술대학교 철도전문대학원 철도건설공학과) ;
- 오재경 (서울과학기술대학교 철도전문대학원 철도경영정책학과) ;
- 김연규 (한국교통연구원)
- Received : 2014.03.11
- Accepted : 2014.04.11
- Published : 2014.06.01
Since the opening of Seoul Subway Line #1 in 1974, the number of passengers has been increasing. The possibility for passenger's accidents in railway stations has also increased. In order to decrease these kind of accidents, railway operation systems have been automated. Nevertheless, the possibility of a casualty accident in railway stations remains. This study analyzed the type of casualty accidents, casualty accidents by age, sex, pedestrian facility, and passenger type based on the internal data of Seoul Metro. The causes of casualty accidents are also found out. Finally, the establishment of railway safety education program and railway safety experience center are suggested in order to prevent the urban railway casualty accident in advance at railway stations.
Supported by : 국토교통부
- Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport (MLIT) (2013a). Rail Safety Statistics Report (in Korean).
- DAEGU SAFETY THEME PARK(2014). Available at: http://safe119.daegu.go.kr (Accessed: March 11, 2014).
- Korea Consumer Agency (2010). Facilities in Urban Rail Safety Survey Report (in Korean).
- Lim, K. K. and Kim, S. G. (2006). "The Classification of Railroad Accident Types and Its Standardization." Journal of the Korean Society of Civil Engineers, Vol. 26, No. 1D, pp. 133-135 (in Korean).
- Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport (MLIT) (2013b). Railway Safety Performance Report (in Korean).
- Ministry of Land, Transport and Maritime Affairs (MLTMA) (2008). Railroad accident and Emergency Response Management System Reports, No. 04-Rail Safety-B04 (in Korean).
- Ministry of Land, Transport and Maritime Affairs (MLTMA) (2011). Build Railroad accident risk analysis and evaluation system Report, No. 04-Rail Safety-C01 (in Korean).
- Improvement Directions through the Analysis of the Current States of Response Systems against Railway Casualties and Accidents of Urban Railways vol.35, pp.4, 2015, https://doi.org/10.12652/Ksce.2015.35.4.0969