- Volume 39C Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Preliminary Field Trial of Improved Train Control System Using on-board Control
선로변 시설물 차상 제어를 위한 차상중심 열차제어시스템 예비 현장시험
- Received : 2013.12.31
- Accepted : 2014.03.10
- Published : 2014.03.31
The railway signalling system for safe train operation regulates the train speed to ensure the safety distance between consecutive trains by using wayside facilities such as track circuits and interlocking systems. In addition, this signalling system controls the trackside equipment such as a railway point along the train line. This ground-equipment-based train control systems require high CAPEX and OPEX. To deal with these problems, the train control system using the on-board controller has been recently proposed and its related technologies have been widely studied. The on-board-controller-based train control system is that the on-board controller can directly control the trackside equipment on the train line. In addition, if this system is used, the wayside facilities can be simplified, and as a result, the efficient and cost-effective train control system can be realized. To this end, we have developed the prototypes of the on-board controller and wayside object control units which control the point and crossing gate and performed the integrated operation simulation in a testbed. In this paper, before the field test of the on-board-controller-based train control system, we perform the preliminary field trial including the installation test, wireless access test, interface test with other on-board devices, and normal operation test.
- H.-J. Jo, J.-H. Baek, G.-Y. Kim, K.-M. Lee, and Y.-K. Kim, "A study on the on-board centered train control system to enhance efficiency of low-density railway line," J. Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Soc., vol. 13, no. 11, pp. 5434-5441, 2012. https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2012.13.11.5434
- K.-M. Lee, J.-H. Lee, and E.-K. Chae, "Study on the wireless communication system using multiple access for testing & validation of korea radio train control system," in Proc. Autumn Conf. Korean Soc. Railway, pp. 1679-1682, 2012.
- Ministry of Land, Transport and Maritime Affairs, Korea Institute of Construction & Transportation Technology Evaluation and Planning, "A research report on development of automatic operation & control system for the large train station with high-density operation," Final report of the 5th year, 2008.
- J.-H Baek and C-G. Lee, "A study on the technology of train separation control using balises to enhance the speed of exiting line," J. Korea Academia-Industrial Cooperation Soc., vol. 10, no. 2, pp. 256-263, 2009. https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2009.10.2.256
- "The on-board centered train control system," Radio-based Train Control Research Team, Annual report, 2012.
- J.-H. Baek, H.-J. Jo, E.-K Chae, H.-Y. Choi, and Y.-G. Kim, "Feasibility study of improved train control system using on-board controller for intelligent control of trackside facilities," J. Korean Soc. Railway, vol. 16, no. 6, pp. 528-533, 2013. https://doi.org/10.7782/JKSR.2013.16.6.528
- "Development of Technology to enhance ICT based Safety of Train Operation and Operational Efficiency" Korea Railroad Research Institute, Final report of the 2nd year, 2012.
- "Development of Technology to enhance ICT based Safety of Train Operation and Operational Efficiency" Korea Railroad Research Institute, Final report of the 3rd year, 2013.
- Field Test and Performance Verification of On-board Oriented Train Control System vol.16, pp.8, 2015, https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2015.16.8.5513