- Volume 23 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
A Study on the Applcation of Small Wind Power System using Meteorological Simulation Data in Pusan
기상수치모의 자료를 이용한 부산지역의 소형풍력발전 시스템 적용에 관한 연구
- Received : 2014.02.21
- Accepted : 2014.05.23
- Published : 2014.06.30
We investigate the amount of potential electricity energy generated by wind power in Busan metropolitan area, using the mesoscale meteorological model WRF (Weather Research & Forecasting), combined with small wind power generators. The WRF modeling has successfully simulated meteorological characteristics over the urban areas, and showed statistical significant to predict the amount of wind energy generation. The highest amount of wind power energy has been predicted at the coastal area, followed by at riverbank and upland, depending on predicted spatial distributions of wind speed. The electricity energy prediction method in this study is expected to be used for plans of wind farm constructions or the power supplies.
WRF;Aerogenerator;Generation Power;Wind power;Green energy
- Willmott, C. J., 1982, Some comments on the evaluation of model performance, Bulletin of the American Meteorological Society, 63, 1309-1313. https://doi.org/10.1175/1520-0477(1982)063<1309:SCOTEO>2.0.CO;2
- Hong, W. P., Small wind power system for Green City, 27(1), 57-70.
- Hwang, J. W., You, K. P., Kim, H. Y., 2010, Comparison of Wind Energy Density Distribution Using Meteorological Data and the Weibull Parameters, 30(2), 54-64.
- Lee, D. Y., Jang, H. J., Park, J. C., 2010, CFD Simulation on the Application of Wind power system to Super High-rise Building, Proceedings of Architectural Institute of Korea Conferences, 30(1).
- Korea Wind Energy Association, 2013, http://www.kweia.or.kr/
- GeumPoong Energy Inc., 2013, http://www.goldwind.co.kr/
- Hi-energy Korea, 2013, http://www.hi-energy.co.kr/
Supported by : 기상청