- Volume 23 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Inactivation of Ralstonia Solanacearum using Filtration-Plasma Process
여과-Plasma 공정을 이용한 Ralstonia Solanacearum 불활성화
Kim, Dong-Seog;Park, Young-Seek
- Received : 2013.11.12
- Accepted : 2014.05.29
- Published : 2014.06.30
For the field application of dielectric barrier discharge plasma reactor in nutrient solution culture, a filtration-DBD (dielectric barrier discharge) plasma reactor was investigated for the Ralstonia solanacearum which causes bacterial wilt in aquiculture. The filtration-DBD plasma reactor system of this study was consisted of filter, plasma reactor, reservoir. The DBD plasma reactor consisted of a quartz dielectric tube, discharge electrode (inner) and ground electrode (outer). The experimental results showed that the inactivation of R. solanacearum with filter media type in filter reactor ranked in the following order: anthracite > fiber ball > sand > ceramic ball > quartz ceramic. In filtration + plasma process, disinfection effect with the voltage was found to small. In disinfection time of 120 minutes, residual R. solanacearum concentration was 1.17 log (15 CFU/mL). When the continuous disinfection time was 120 minute, disinfection effect was thought to keep the four days. In sporadic operation mode of 30 minutes disinfection - 24 hours break, residual R. solanacearum concentration after five days was 0.3 log (2 CFU/mL). It is considered that most of R. solanacearum has been inactivated substantially.
Dielectric barrier discharge plasma;Inactivation;Filtration;Ralstonia solanacearum;Sporadic operation
- Park, J. S., Kim, H. W., Cha, J. M., Choi, K. J., kim, C. w., lee, I, H., 1999, Plant nutrient circulation system by germicidal UV and component controlling system, '99 Fall Proceeding of Kor. Soc. Environ. Eng., 5-6.
- Kim, D. S., Park, Y. S., 2012, Inactivation of Ralstonia Solanacearum using aquatic plasma process. J. Environ. Sci., 21(7), 797-804. https://doi.org/10.5322/JES.2012.21.7.797
- Kim, D. S., Park, Y. S., 2013, A Study on the Ralstonia Solanacearum Inactivation using Improved Plasma Process, J. Environ. Sci., In press.
- Kim, J. H., Kim, S. T., Yun, S. C., 2012, Development of a forecasting model for bacterial wilt in hot pepper, Res. Plant Dis. 18(4), 361-369. https://doi.org/10.5423/RPD.2012.18.4.361
- Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry, 1999, Development of nutrient solution recycling system in greenhouse with disinfection equipment by ultraviolet light and photocatalyst, 33-40.
- Kim, Y. C., Kim, K. Y., 2002, Fertigation techniques done by fertilizers for hydroponics and reuse of waste solution, Kor. Res. Soc., Protected Hprt., 15(2), 20-26.
- Nam, Y. I., 2004, Present status and further prospects for development of closed hydroponics in Korea, Kor. Res. Soc., Protected Hprt., 17(1), 1-7.
- Van Os, E. A., Bruins, M. A., van Buuren, J., van der Veer, D. J., Willers, H., 1996, Physical and chemical measurements in slow sand filters to disinfect recirculation nutrient solutions, ISOSC Proceeding, 313-328.
- Rural Development Administration, 2006, Standard farming manual 4 (Revised)- Horticulture, 315-323.
- Nam, Y. I., 2004, Present ststus and further prospects for development of closed hydroponics in Korea, Kor. Res. Soc. Protected Hort., 17(1), 1-7.
- Eric, A. van, O., 1998, Closed soilless growing systems in the netherlands: the finishing touch, AcTa, Hort., 458, 279-291, 1998.
- Rural Development Administration, 2009, Research on actual management condition of greenhouse hortculture in the Netherlands, 158-162.
- Nnongmin News paper, 2009, http://www.nongmin.com/article/ar_detail.htm?ar_id=165730&subMenu=dsearch& key=폐양액, 2009.09.02.
- Ministry for Food Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries, 1999, Development of nutrient solution recycling system in greenhouse with disinfection equipment by ultraviolet light and photocatalyst, 33-40.
- Cho, J. Y., Seo, B. S., Chung, S. J., 2000, Present states and prospect of sterilization of nutrient solution for recycled hydroponics, Kor. J Hort. Sci. Tech., 18(6), 890-899.
- Ministry of Environment, 2012, From 2012 up to 20 times enhanced wastewater effluent, http://www.me.go.kr/web/286/me/common/board/detail.do?boardId=notice_02&idx= 172698.
Grant : 기본연구 유형II
Supported by : 한국연구재단