- Volume 27 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Isogeometric Shape Design Optimization of Power Flow Problems at High Frequencies
고주파수 파워흐름 문제의 아이소-지오메트릭 형상 최적설계
- Yoon, Minho (National Creative Research Initiatives(NCRI) Center for Isogeometric Optimal Design, Department of Naval Architecture and Ocean Engineering, Seoul National University) ;
- Ha, Seung-Hyun (Department of Civil Engineering, Johns Hopkins University) ;
- Cho, Seonho (National Creative Research Initiatives(NCRI) Center for Isogeometric Optimal Design, Department of Naval Architecture and Ocean Engineering, Seoul National University)
- Received : 2014.03.17
- Accepted : 2014.05.17
- Published : 2014.06.30
Using an isogeometric approach, a continuum-based shape design optimization method is developed for steady state power flow problems at high frequencies. In case the isogeometric method is employed to the shape design optimization, the NURBS basis functions used in CAD geometric modeling are directly utilized to embed the exact geometry into the computational framework so that the design parameterization for shape optimization is much easier than that in the finite element method and consequently provides the enhanced smoothness of design perturbations. Thus, exact geometric models can be used in both the response and the shape sensitivity analyses, where normal vector and curvature are continuous over the whole design space so that enhanced shape sensitivity can be expected. Through numerical examples, the developed isogeometric sensitivity is compared with finite difference one to provide excellent agreement. Also, it turns out that the proposed method works very well in the shape optimization problems.
Supported by : 한국연구재단
- Ahn, S.H., Kim, M.-G., Cho, S. (2010) Isogeometric Shape Design Optimization of Structures under Stress Concentrations, J. Comput. Struct. Eng. Inst. Korea, 23(3), pp.275-281.
- Belov, V.D., Rybak, S.A., Tartkovskii, B.D. (1977) Propagation of Vibrational Energy in Absorbing Structures, Journal of Soviet Physics Acoustics, 23(2), pp.115-119.
- Cho, M., Roh, H.Y. (2003) Development of Geometrically Exact New Shell Elements Based on General Curvininear Coordinates, International Journal for Numerical Methods in Engineering, 56(1), pp.81-115. https://doi.org/10.1002/nme.546
- Cho, S., Ha, S.H., Park, C.H. (2006) Topological Shape Optimization of Powerflow Problems at High Frequencies Using Level Set Approach, International Journal of Solid and Sturctures, 43, pp.172-192. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijsolstr.2005.04.033
- Cho, S., Park, C.Y., Park, Y.H., Hong, S.Y. (2006) Topology Design Optimization of Structures at High Frequencies Usign Power Flow Analysis, Journal of Sound and Vibration, 298, pp.306-220.
- Hughes, T.J.R, Cottrell, J.A., Bazileves, Y. (2005) Isogeometric Analysis : CAD, Finite Elements NURBS, Exact Geometry and Mesh Refinement, Computer Method in Applied Mechanics and Engineering, 195, pp.5257-5296.
- Lee, S.W., Cho, S. (2013) Isogeometric Shape Design Sensitivity Analysis of Mindlin Plates, J. Comput. Struct. Eng. Inst. Korea, 26(4), pp.255-262. https://doi.org/10.7734/COSEIK.2013.26.4.255
- Nefske, D.J., Sung, S.H. (1989) Power Flow Finite Element Analysis of Dynamics Systems : BASIC Thoery and Application to Beams, Journal of Vibration, Acoustics Stress and Reliability in Design, 111, pp.94-100. https://doi.org/10.1115/1.3269830
- Roh, H.Y., Cho, M. (2004) The Application of Geometrically Exact Shell Elements to B-spline Surfaces, Computer Methods in Applied Mechanics and Engineering, 193, pp.2261-2299. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cma.2004.01.019
- Roh, H.Y., Cho, M. (2005) Integration of Geometric Design and Mechanical Analysis Using B-spline Functions on Surface, International Journal for Numerical Methods in Engineering, 62(14), pp.1927-1949. https://doi.org/10.1002/nme.1254
- Yoon, M.H., Koo, B.Y., Ha S.H., Cho, S. (2011) Isogeometric Shape Design Optimization of Structures Subjected to Design-dependent Loads, J. Comput. Struct. Eng. Inst. Korea, 24(1), pp.1-7.