- Volume 26 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Seismic Performance of T-Shaped PC Walls with Wet Cast Joint
현장타설 습식접합부가 있는 T형 PC 벽체의 내진성능
- Lim, Woo-Young (Dept. of Architecture & Architectural Engineering, Seoul National University) ;
- Hong, Sung-Gul (Dept. of Architecture & Architectural Engineering, Seoul National University)
- Received : 2013.10.11
- Accepted : 2014.02.04
- Published : 2014.06.30
This paper investigates the seismic performance of T-shaped PC walls with a new vertical connections and wet cast joint. The load-displacement relationship, strength, ductility, failure mechanism, and deformation capacity of the T-shaped PC walls subjected to cyclic loading are verified. Test parameter is diagonal reinforcement of both flange and web wall panels to transfer shear strength. The longitudinal reinforcing steel bars placed edges of walls yield first and the ultimate deformation is terminated due to premature failure of connections. And diagonal reinforcements for shear transfer in walls are effective to restrain the wall crack. The strength and displacement obtained by the cross section analysis were very similar to the experimental data.
- John W. Wallace, "New Methodology for Seismic Design of RC Shear Walls," Journal of Structural Engineering, Vol. 120, No. 3, 1994, pp. 863-884. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)0733-9445(1994)120:3(863)
- Ha, S. S., Oh, Y. H., Choi, C. S., and Lee, L. H., "Confinement Range of Transverse Reinforcements for T-shaped Reinforced Concrete Walls," Journal of the Korea Conrete Institute, Vol. 14, No. 6, 2002, pp. 1001-1009. https://doi.org/10.4334/JKCI.2002.14.6.1001
- Yang, J. S. and Lee, L. H, "Structural Performance at T-Shaped Walls based on the Variation of Vertical Reinforcement in Effective Width of Flange," Journal of the Architectural Institute of Korea, Vol. 19, No. 4, 2003, pp. 3-10.
- ACI Committee 318, Building Code Requirements for Structural Concrete, ACI 318-08, 2008, 493 pp.
- Standards Association of N. Z., Code of Practices for the Design of Concrete Structures, Draft for Comment, DZ 3101, 1995, 256 pp.
- EC8, Eurocode No.8 : Structure in Seismic Regions-Design, Part 1. General and Building, Report EUR 12266 En, Industrial Processes, Building and Civil Engineering, Commission of the European Communities, May 1998, 327 pp.
- Lim, W. Y. and Hong, S. G., "Behavior of Precast Concrete Shear Walls with C-Type Connections," Journal of the Korea Concrete Institute, Vol. 22, No. 4, 2010, pp. 461-472. https://doi.org/10.4334/JKCI.2010.22.4.461
- Englekirk, R, E., Seismic Design of Reinforced and Precast Concrete Buildings, John Wiley and Sons, 2003, pp. 348-529.
- Korea Concrete Institute, Concrete Design Code and Commentary, Kimoondang Publishing Company, Seoul, 2008, 523 pp.
- Panneton, M., Leger, P., and Tremblay, R., "Inelastic Analysis of a Reinforced Concrete Shear Wall Building According to the National Building Code of Canada 2005," Canadian Journal of Civil Engineering, 2006, pp. 854-871.
- Sittipunt, C., Wood, S. L., Lukkunaprasit, P., and Pattararattanakul, P., "Cyclic Behavior of Reinforced Structural Walls with Diagonal Web Reinforcement," ACI Structural Journal, July-August 2001, pp. 554-562.