- Volume 38 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
A Study on Prediction Method of Derailment Behaviors due to Cross-wind Considering Dynamic Effects of Wheel-rail Interaction
차륜-레일의 동적효과를 고려한 측풍 원인 탈선 예측방법 연구
- Kim, Myung Su (Dept. of Rolling Stock System, Seoul Nat'l Univ. of Science and Technology) ;
- Koo, Jeong Seo (Dept. of Rolling Stock System, Seoul Nat'l Univ. of Science and Technology)
- Received : 2013.08.12
- Accepted : 2014.05.14
- Published : 2014.07.01
This paper proposes a new method for predicting the derailment of a running train under cross-wind conditions, using the single wheelset derailment theory. The conventional theories used for predicting the derailment due to cross-winds were developed under the assumption that derailment will always be of the roll-over type, thus neglecting other possible types such as wheel-climbing, which may occur under special driving conditions. In addition, these theories do not consider running conditions such as dynamic wheel-rail interactions and friction effects. The new method considers the effects of dynamic wheel-rail interaction as well as those of lateral acceleration, rail cant, and cross-winds. The results of this method were compared and verified with those of the conventional methods and numerical simulations.
Wheel Load;Wheel Unloading;Single Wheelset;Cross-Wind;Wheel-climbing Derailment;Roll-over Derailment
Supported by : 한국연구재단
- Yongquan, D. and Xinbiao, X., 2009, "Effect of Cross-Wind on High-Speed Vehicle Dynamic Derailment," Logistics, Vol. 5, pp. 2287-2293.
- Cho, H. J. and Koo, J. S., 2012, "A Numerical Study of the Derailment Caused by Collision of a Rail Vehicle Using a Virtual Testing Model," Vehicle System Dynamics, Vol. 50, No. 1, pp. 79-108. https://doi.org/10.1080/00423114.2011.563860
- Yang, Y. B. and Wu, Y. S., 2002, "Dynamic Stability of Trains Moving over Bridges Shaken by Earthquakes," Journal of Sound and Vibration, No. 258, pp. 65-94.
- Nam, S. W., 2012, "Theoretical Analysis on Overturn Safety of Train Affected by Wind Pressure," Journal of the Korean Society for Railway, Vol. 15, No. 15, pp. 537-542 https://doi.org/10.7782/JKSR.2012.15.6.537
- Kunieda, M., 1972, "Theoretical Study on the Mechanics of Overturn of Railway Rolling Stock," RTRI Railway Technical Research Report, No. 793, pp.177-186.
- Koo, J. S. and Choi, S. Y., 2012, "Theoretical Development of a Simplified Wheelset Model to Evaluate Collision-induced Derailments of Rolling Stock," Journal of Sound and Vibration, Vol. 331, No. 13, pp. 3172-3198. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jsv.2012.02.014
- Koo, J. S. and Oh, H. S., 2013, "Study of Influence of Wheel Unloading on Derailment Coefficient of Rolling Stock," Trans. Korean Soc. Mech. Eng. A, Vol. 37, No. 2, pp. 117-185. https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2013.37.2.177
- Ham, Y. S., 2010, "The Evaluation of Running Safety in the Double Connection Operation for KTX-Sancheon Train," 2010 Fall Annual Meeting of the Korean Soc. Mech. Eng., pp. 155-156.
- Ham, Y. S., 2007, "Evaluation of Running Safety for High Speed Railway Vehicle of when Run Curved Line at High Speed," 2007 Spring Conference of the Korean Soc. Mech. Eng., pp. 6-9.
- RecurDyn Help Library and Theoretical Manual, FunctionBay, Inc., http://www.functionbay.co.kr, 2011
- Zeng, J. and Wu, P., 2008, "Study on the Wheel/Rail Interaction and Derailment Safety," Wear, Vol 265, No. 9-10, pp. 1452-1459. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.wear.2008.01.031
- Korean Ministry of Construction and Transportation, 2007, "Crashworthiness Requirement for Rolling Stock Safety," MOCT Notification, NO. 2007-278.