- Volume 38 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
Interior Noise Characteristics of the Electric Trains in Gyeongchun Line
경춘선 전동열차의 실내 소음 특성
- Ann, Yong Chan (Dept. of Convergence System Engineering, Kangwon National Univ.) ;
- Lee, Jung Hyeok (Dept. of Convergence System Engineering, Kangwon National Univ.) ;
- Kim, Seock Hyun (Dept. of Mechatronics engineering, Kangwon National Univ.)
- Received : 2014.03.14
- Accepted : 2014.05.14
- Published : 2014.07.01
Since the opening of the double-track railway for the Gyeongchun local electric train and the semi-high speed train ITX, floating population between Seoul and Chuncheon has rapidly increased. This is attributable to the competitiveness of the railway service in terms of punctuality and safety of operation, mass transportation and low fare. However, many passengers have expressed strong dissatisfaction and displeasure towards the interior noise and its high rate of increase, particularly in tunnel sections. In this study, the interior noise characteristics of Gyeongchun local electric train and ITX were analyzed and compared. Noise levels, frequency spectrum and sound quality indices were compared for the open land, tunnel and bridge. Finally, from the noise levels depending on the location in the vehicle compartment, the noise transmission path was determined and a basic strategy for reducing the interior noise was developed.
Gyeongchun Local Electric Train;ITX;Tunnel Noise;Structure-Borne Noise;Air-Borne Noise
Supported by : 강원대학교
- Choi, S. H., Kim, J. C., Lee, C. W. and Cho, J. H., 2004, "Interior noise of a KTX vehicle in a tunnel," Proceedings of Annual Conference of the Korea Society for Railway, pp. 88-92.
- Choi, S. H., Kim, J. C., Lee, C. W. and Cho, J. H., 2004, "Proceedings of ACOUSTICS 2004," Australian Acoustical Society, pp. 415-419.
- Kim, S. H., Lee, H. J. and Kim, J. T., 2012, "Sound Insulation Strategy for the Tunnel Noise in a High Speed Train," Journal of the Korean Society for Railway, Vol. 15, No. 4, pp. 315-322. https://doi.org/10.7782/JKSR.2012.15.4.315
- Woo, K. J. and Kim, S. H., 2008, "A Study on the Reduction of Structure-Borne Noise in a Train," Journal of the Korean Society for Railway, Vol. 11, No. 6, pp. 519-523.
- Park, S. I. and Kim, W., 2012, "A study on the Design for Side Entrance Door According to Different Type," Proceedings of Spring Conference of the Korea Society for Railway, Vol. 2012, No. 5, pp. 503-507.
- Zwicker, E. and Fastl, H., 1974, Psychoacoustics: Facts and Models, Springer Verlag, Berlin.
- Zwicker, E., Fastl, H., Widmann, H., Kurakata, K., Kowano, S. and Namba, S., 1991, "Program for Calculating Loudness According to DIN 45631 (ISO 532B)," Journal of Acoustic Japan (E), Vol. 12, pp. 39-42. https://doi.org/10.1250/ast.12.39
- Park, B., Kim, D. K., Jeon, J. Y., Choi, S. H. and Park, J. H., 2010 "Sound Quality Characteristics for Interior Noise of High Speed Train," Transactions of the KSNVE, Vol. 20, No. 8, pp. 774-781. https://doi.org/10.5050/KSNVE.2010.20.8.774