- Volume 13 Issue 2
Under amazing increase in markets and certain demand on qualified service in the delivery system, global logistic optimization is becoming a keen interest to provide an essential infrastructure coping with modern competitive prospects. As a key technology for such deployment, we have been engaged in the practical studies on vehicle routing problem (VRP) in terms of Weber model, and developed a hybrid approach of meta-heuristic methods and the graph algorithm of minimum cost flow problem. This paper extends such idea to multi-depot VRP so that we can give a more general framework available for various real world applications including those in green or low carbon logistics. We show the developed procedure can handle various types of problem, i.e., delivery, direct pickup, and drop by pickup problems in a common framework. Numerical experiments have been carried out to validate the effectiveness of the proposed method. Moreover, to enhance usability of the method, Google Maps API is applied to retrieve real distance data and visualize the numerical result on the map.
Hybrid Meta-Heuristic Approach;Multi-Depot VRP;Weber Model;Modified Saving Method;Google Maps API
- Kytojoki, J., Nuortio, T., Braysy, O., and Gendreau, M. (2007), An efficient variable neighborhood search heuristic for very large scale vehicle routing problems, Computers and Operations Research, 34(9), 2743-2757. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cor.2005.10.010
- Wada, T. and Shimizu, Y. (2006), A hybrid-metaheuristic approach for optimal design of total supply chain network, Transactions of the Institute of Systems, Control and Information Engineers, 19(2), 69-77. https://doi.org/10.5687/iscie.19.69
- Zhong, Y. and Cole, M. H. (2005), A vehicle routing problem with backhauls and time windows: a guided local search solution, Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, 41(2), 131-144. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tre.2003.12.003
- Jozefowiez, N., Semet, F., and Talbi, E. G. (2008), Multiobjective vehicle routing problems, European Journal of Operational Research, 189(2), 293-309. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ejor.2007.05.055
- Kirkpatrick, S., Gelatt Jr, C. D., and Vecchi, M. P. (1983), Optimization by simmulated annealing, Science, 220(4598), 671-680. https://doi.org/10.1126/science.220.4598.671
- Kobayashi, T. (1999), Network panning through Excel (2)-minimum route and delivery path, Operations Research, 44, 253-257.
- Mester, D., Braysy, O., and Dullaert, W. (2007), A multiparametric evolution strategies algorithm for vehicle routing problems, Expert Systems with Applications, 32(2), 508-517. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.eswa.2005.12.014
- Mota, E., Campos, V., and Corberan, A. (2007), A new metaheuristic for the vehicle routing problem with split demands, Proceedings of the 7th European Conference on Evolutionary Computation in Combinatorial Optimization, Valencia, Spain, 121-129.
- O'Kelly, M. E. (1986), The location of interacting hub facilities, Transportation Science, 20(2), 92-106. https://doi.org/10.1287/trsc.20.2.92
- Shimizu, Y. (2011), Advanced saving method to evaluate economic concern, Transactions of the Institute of Systems, Control and Information Engineers, 24(2), 39-41. https://doi.org/10.5687/iscie.24.39
- Shimizu, Y. (2012), A meta-heuristic approach for variants of VRP in terms of generalized saving method, Transactions of the Institute of Systems, Control and Information Engineers, 24(12), 287-295.
- Shimizu, Y. and Fujikura, T. (2010), A hybrid metaheuristic approach for integrated capacitated multicommodity logistics optimization over planning horizon, Journal of Advanced Mechanical Design, Systems, and Manufacturing, 4(3), 716-727. https://doi.org/10.1299/jamdsm.4.716
- Shimizu, Y. and Wada, T. (2004), Hybrid tabu search approach for hierarchical logistics optimization, Transactions of the Institute of Systems, Control and Information Engineers, 17(6), 241-248. https://doi.org/10.5687/iscie.17.241
- Shimizu, Y., Yamazaki, Y., and Wada, T. (2008), Multimodal logistics network design over planning horizon through a hybrid meta-heuristic approach, Journal of Advanced Mechanical Design, Systems, and Manufacturing, 2(5), 915-925. https://doi.org/10.1299/jamdsm.2.915
- Chen, S, Imai, A. and Zhao, B. (2005), A SA-based heuristic for the multi-depot vehicle routing problem, Japan Institute of Navigation, (113), 209-216.
- Crevier, B., Cordeau, J. F., and Laporte, G. (2007), The multi-depot vehicle routing problem with inter-depot routes, European Journal of Operational Research, 176(2), 756-773. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ejor.2005.08.015
- Glover, F. (1989), Tabu search-part I, ORSA Journal on Computing, 1(3), 190-206. https://doi.org/10.1287/ijoc.1.3.190
- Goksal, F. P., Karaoglan, I., and Altiparmak, F. (2013), A hybrid discrete particle swarm optimization for vehicle routing problem with simultaneous pickup and delivery, Computers and Industrial Engineering, 65(1), 39-53. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cie.2012.01.005
- Gribkovskaia, I., Laporte, G., and Vlcek, M. (2007), General solutions to the single vehicle routing problem with pickups and deliveries, European Journal of Operational Research, 180(2), 568-584. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ejor.2006.05.009
- A Meta-heuristic Approach for VRP with simultaneous pickup and delivery incorporated with Weber basis saving method vol.81, pp.825, 2015, https://doi.org/10.1299/transjsme.14-00639
- A hybrid method for solving multi-depot VRP with simultaneous pickup and delivery incorporated with Weber basis saving heuristic vol.10, pp.1, 2016, https://doi.org/10.1299/jamdsm.2016jamdsm0004
Supported by : Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology