- Volume 14 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
A Success Factors Analysis on Social Enterprise in the Field of Crafts: Focused on the Case of Industree Crafts in India
공예분야 사회적기업의 성공요인 분석: 인도 인더스트리 크래프트의 사례를 중심으로
- 김명희 (삼육대학교 교양학부)
- Received : 2014.03.07
- Accepted : 2014.05.22
- Published : 2014.06.28
This paper is to analyse how Industree Crafts, social enterprise in the field of crafts, could generate profit and create a sustainable growth for the last 30 years out of dependence on government grants in India. Success factors was drawn from the findings as follows. First, bringing stakeholder value: it preferred social mission as a goal for generating the value of stakeholders respectively and shared value mutually. Second, building distinctive internal business processes: it adapted unique business model and 4P strategy into its internal organization system and introduced the way of management to support the independence of self-help groups aimed at creating greater added value. Third, promoting learning and innovation culture: it challenged with the help of new design strategies continuously, was unafraid of change, and promoted learning culture to turn trial and error into the organization learning. Finally fourth, securing right finances and resources: it obtained proper finances and resources such as trying joint-sale, attracting investment from a private company, and acquiring enough skilled artisans at every scaling up.
Social Enterprise;Social Entrepreneurship;Social Entrepreneur;Success Factor;Crafts Industry
- 현대경제연구원, "사회적기업도 기업이다: 성공, 실패사례와 핵심성공요인(CSF)", 경제주평, 통권, 제466호, 2011.
- C. Hood, "A Public Management for All Seasons," Public Administration, Vol.69, No.1, pp.1867-1870, 1991.
- M. T. Dacin, P. A. Dacin, and P. Tracey, "Social Entrepreneurship: A Critique and Future Directions," Organization Science, Vol.22, No.5, pp.1205-1207, 2011.
- 안영규, 박의룡, "한국형 사회적기업의 주요 성공 요인에 대한 차이분석", 국제경영리뷰, 제15권, 제3호, pp.25-43, 2011.
- M. Sharir and M. Lerner, "Gauging the Success of Social Ventures Initiated by Individual Social Entrepreneurship," Journal of World Business, Vol.41, No.1, pp.6-20, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jwb.2005.09.004
- D. H. Boyer, H. Creech, and L. Paas, Critical Success Factors and Performance Measure for Start-Up Social and Environmental Enterprises, The Supporting Entrepreneurships for Sustainable Development(SEED) Initiative, 2008.
- P. N. Bloom and B. R. Smith, "Identifying the Drivers of Social Entrepreneurial Impact: Theoretical Development and an Exploratory Empirical Test of SCALERS," Journal of Social Entrepreneurship, Vol.1, No.1, pp.126-145, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1080/19420670903458042
- The Scottish Government, Evaluating the Succ ess Factors for Establishing an Thriving Social Enterprise in Scotland: Case Studies to Inform and Inspire, 2010, http://www.scotland.gov.uk/Publications/2010/11/23094200/0.
- 인더스트리 크래프트 홈페이지, http://industree.org.in http://www.industreecrafts.org
- S. Wood, "Sustaining Crafts and Livelihoods: Handmade in India," Craft + Design Enquiry, Vol.3, pp.2-15, 2011.
- 사회적기업진흥원, 2012 사회적기업 성과분석, pp.40-44, 2013.
- 이용재, "사회적기업에서 비전공유와 가치일치가 근로자의 조직시민행동에 미치는 영향", 한국콘텐츠학회논문지, 제12권, 제3호, pp.206-213, 2012.
- EMES, Social Enterprises in Europe: Governance Models, EMES Conferences(Selected Paper Series), 2009.
- A. J. Germak and K. K. Singh, "Social Entrepreneurship: Changing the Way Social Workers Do Business," Administration in Social Work, Vol.34, No.1, pp.86-89, 2010.
- P. Tracey, N. Phillips, and O. Jarvis, "Bridging Institutional Entrepreneurship and the Creation of New Organizational Forms: A Multilevel Model," Organization Science, Vol.22, No.1, pp.66-70, 2011.