- Volume 14 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Employee Benefits and Organizational Commitment: The Mediating Effects of Life Satisfaction
기업복지 서비스 유형이 조직몰입에 끼치는 영향: 생활만족의 매개효과
- 이희종 (연세대학교 사회복지연구소)
- Received : 2014.03.27
- Accepted : 2014.05.26
- Published : 2014.06.28
The purpose of this paper is to investigate how the employee benefits be related to the employees' organizational commitments through life satisfaction. There are four types of employee benefits: holidays, family-friendly benefits, financial supports for future, and insurance supports for medical care. The results show that 3 types of benefits(holidays, family-friendly benefits, financial supports for future) are significantly associated with life satisfaction. Holidays and family-friendly benefits are positively related to employees' organizational commitments, too. The findings further reveal that life satisfaction is full mediating factor between financial supports for future and organizational commitment. In case of holidays, family-friendly benefits, life satisfaction is partially mediated to organizational commitment. Findings are discussed in terms of the importance of life satisfaction through employee benefits.
- S. Lambert, "Added Benefits: The Link Between Work-Life Benefits and Organizational Citizenship Behavior," Academy Management Journal, Vol.43, No.5, pp.801-815, 2000. https://doi.org/10.2307/1556411
- L. Muse, S. Harris, W. F. Files, and H. S. Feild, "Work-Life Benefits and Positive Organizational Behavior: Is There a Connection?," J. of Organizational Behavior, Vol.29, pp.171-192, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1002/job.506
- L. A. Muse and L. L. Wadsworth, "An Examination of Traditional Versus Non-Traditional Benefits," J. of Managerial Psychology," Vol.27, No.2, pp.112-131, 2012. https://doi.org/10.1108/02683941211199527
- B. Erdogan, T. N. Bauer, D. M. Truxillo, and L. R. Mansfield, "Whistle While You Work: A Review of The Life Satisfaction Literature," J. of management, pp.1-46, 2011.
- M. J. Sirgy, N. P. Reilly, J. Wu, and D. Efraty, "A Work-Life Identity Model of Well-Being: Towards a Research Agenda Linking Quality-of-Work-Life (QWL) Programs with Quality of Life(QOL)," Applied Research Quality Life, Vol.3, pp.181-202, 2009.
- Z. Vanaki and S. A. Vagharseyyedin, "Organizational Commitment, Work Environment Conditions, and Life Satisfaction among Iranian Nurses," Nursing and Health Science, Vol.11, pp.404-409, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1442-2018.2009.00473.x
- 이현정, 정하윤, "호텔기업의 복리후생제도와 조직유효성에 관한 연구", 한국외식산업학회지, 제4권, 제2호, pp.89-122, 2008.
- 고용노동부, 기업체노동비용조사보고서, 고용노동부, 2012.
- 강정희, 박경숙, "가족친화적 기업복지제도 이용 가능정도가 기혼여성근로자의 직무만족에 미치는 영향", 대한가정학회지, 제47권, 제4호, pp.83-98, 2009.
- 최수찬, 선택적복지제도의 합리적 도입, 운영모델 연구, 근로복지공단, 2009.
- R. Cropanzano and M. Mitchell, "Social Exchange Theory: An Interdisciplinary Review," J. of Management, Vol.31, No.6, pp.874-900, 2005.
- U. G. Foa and E. B. Foa, Resource Theory: Interpersonal Behavior as Exchange. In K. J. Gergen, M. S. Greenberg, & R. H. Willis (Eds.), Social Exchange: Advances in Theory and Research, New York: Plenum Press, pp.77-94, 1980.
- T. P. Settoon, N. Bennett, and R. C. Liden, "Social Exchange in Organizations: Perceived Organizational Support, Leader-Member Exchange, and Employee Reciprocity," J. of Applied Psychology, Vol.81, No.3, pp.219-227, 1996. https://doi.org/10.1037/0021-9010.81.3.219
- S. J. Wayne, L. M. Shore, and R. C. Liden, "Perceived Organizational Support and Leader-Member Exchange: A Social Exchange Perspective," Academy of Management Journal, Vol.40, No.1, pp.82-111, 1997. https://doi.org/10.2307/257021
- S. J. Wayne, L. M. Shore, W. H. Bommer, and L. E. Tetrick, "The Role of Fair Treatment and Rewards in Perceptions of Organizational Support and Leader-Member Exchange," J. of Applied Psychology, Vol.87, No.3, pp.590-598, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1037/0021-9010.87.3.590
- L. Rhoades, and R. Eisenberger, "Perceived Organizational Support: A Review of The Literature," J. of Applied Psychology, Vol.87, No.4, pp.698-714, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1037/0021-9010.87.4.698
- 박정심, 추나영, 조송현, "내부마케팅과 중등학교 체육교사의 직무만족 및 조직몰입", 한국콘텐츠학회논문지, 제11권, 제11호, pp.399-408, 2011.
- 서철현, 양진연, 문상정, "호텔기업의 복리후생제도가 종사원의 직무만족, 조직몰입, 이타적 행위에 미치는 영향", 관광연구, 제27권, 제1호, pp.131-152, 2012.
- T. A. Judge and S. Watanabe, "Another Look at The Job Satisfaction-Life Satisfaction Relationship," J. of Applied Psychology, Vol.78, No.6, pp.939-948, 1993. https://doi.org/10.1037/0021-9010.78.6.939
- P. M. Hart, "Predicting Employee Life Satisfaction: A Coherent Model of Personality, Work, and Nonwork Experiences, and Domain Satisfactions," J. of Applied Psychology, Vol.84, No.4, pp.564-584, 1999. https://doi.org/10.1037/0021-9010.84.4.564
- J. P. Near, A. Smith, R. W. Rice, and R. G. Hunt, "A Comparison of Work and Nonwork Predictors of Life Satisfaction," Academy of Management Journal, Vol.27, No.1, pp.184-190, 1984. https://doi.org/10.2307/255966
- 이정언, 조신, "보상시스템의 유형이 조직몰입에 미치는 영향: 중국 기업구성원을 대상으로", 한국콘텐츠학회논문지, 제14권, 제3호, pp.393-400, 2014. https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2014.14.03.393
- 백승규, 이영면, "직무만족과 조직몰입의 관계에서 생활만족이 미치는 조절효과", 인적자원관리연구, 제17권, 제4호, pp.349-371.
- J. C. Rode, "Job Satisfaction and Life Satisfaction Revisited: A Longitudinal Test of an Integrated Model," Human Relations, Vol.57, No.9, pp.1205-1230, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1177/0018726704047143
- 이상호, "노동패널의 주관적 만족도 측정", 노동리뷰, 제5월호, pp.77-86, 2006.
- 이도화, 정두영, "가족친화경영과 조직구성원 성과의 관계에 있어서 일-가정 갈등과 조직지원인식의 매개효과," 인적자원관리연구, 제17권, 제4호, pp.265-283, 2010.