- Volume 14 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Trends of Research on the Effects of Psychosocial Intervention for Children with Epilepsy: Systematic Review
간질아동에게 제공된 심리사회적 중재의 효과에 대한 연구동향: Systematic Review
- Received : 2014.03.12
- Accepted : 2014.04.18
- Published : 2014.06.28
The purpose of this study was to determine the trends of research on the effects of psychosocial intervention related to children with epilepsy. 454 articles were retrieved from databases (Ovid-MEDLINE, EMBASE, PubMed, CINAHL, The Cochrane library, KMbase, and Koreamed), and 7 articles met our criterias. Interventions were classified into four categories: education; counseling; cognitive-behavioral therapy; and physical activity. The target outcomes of the interventions were quite diverse. Each intervention showed some benefits for epilepsy-related health outcomes, but each study had methodological weaknesses, including incomplete information, poorly defined or validated outcome measures, small sample sizes, and design limitations.
Children with Epilepsy;Psychosocial Intervention;Systematic Review
Supported by : 한국성서대학교
- M. A. Lewis, I. Salas, A. de la Sota, N. Chiofalo, and B. Leake, "Randomized trial of a program to enhance the competencies of children with epilepsy," Epilepsia, Vol.31, No.1, pp.101-109, 1990. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1528-1157.1990.tb05367.x
- S. Jantzen, E. Muller-Godeffroy, T. Hallfahrt-Krisl, F. Aksu, B. Pust, and B. Kohl, "FLIP&FLAP-a training programme for children and adolescents with epilepsy and their parents," Seizure, Vol.18, No.7, pp.478-486, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.seizure.2009.04.007
- J. A. Tieffenberg, E. I. Wood, A. Alonso, M. S. Tossutti, and M. F. Vicente, "A randomized field trial of ACINDES: a child-centered training model for children with chronic illnesses (asthma and epilepsy)," Journal of Urban Health : Bulletin of the New York Academy of Medicine, Vol.77, No.2, pp.280-297, 2000.
- R. L. Glueckauf, S. P. Fritz, E. P. Ecklund-Johnson, H. J. Liss, P. Dages, and P. Carney, "Videoconferencing-based family counseling for rural teenagers with epilepsy: phase 1 findings," Rehabilitation Psychology, Vol.47, No.1, pp.49-72, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1037/0090-55126.96.36.199
- T. W. May and M. Pfafflin, "Psychoeducational programs for patients with epilepsy," Disease Management & Health Outcomes, Vol.13, No.3, pp.185-199, 2005. https://doi.org/10.2165/00115677-200513030-00004
- S. Al-aqee and Al-sabhan, "Strategies for improving adherence to antiepileptic drug treatment in patients with epilepsy," Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews, Vol.1, CD008312, 2011.
- 차보경, 장혜경, 손정남, "자기효능 증진 프로그램 효과에 대한 메타분석", 대한간호학회지, 제34권, 제6호, pp.934-944, 2004.
- K. Galway, A Black, M. Cantwell, C. R. Cardwell, M. Mills, and M. Donnelly, "Psychosocial interventions to improve quality of life and emotional wellbeing for recently diagnosed cancer patients (Review)," Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews, Vol.11, CD007064, 2012.
- C. DiIorio and B. Manteuffel, "Preferences concerning epilepsy education: opinions of nurses, physicians, and persons with epilepsy," The Journal of Neuroscience Nursing : Journal of the American Association of Neuroscience Nurses, Vol.27, No.1, pp.29-34, 1995. https://doi.org/10.1097/01376517-199502000-00005
- 신영희, "간질아동의 삶의 질과 간호관리", 아동간호학회지, 제10권, 제2호, pp.225-232, 2004.
- J. L. Wagner and G. Smith, "Psychosocial intervention in pediatric epilepsy: a critique of the literature," Epilepsy & Behavior, Vol.8, No.1, pp.39-49, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.yebeh.2005.08.011
- M. J. Huibers, A. Beurskens, G. Bleijenberg, and C. P. van Schayck, "Psychosocial interventions by general practitioners (Review)", Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews, Vol.3, CD003494, 2007.
- 김종남, 이란, "암 환자를 위한 심리사회적 개입 연구의 개관", 한국심리학회지: 건강, 제13권, 제2호, pp.329-357, 2008.
- 박영숙, "간질교육 프로그램이 성인 간질 환자의 자기효능과 자기관리에 미치는 효과", 대한간호학회지, 제29권, 제2호, pp.405-417, 1999.
- J. L. Wagner, G. Smith, P. Ferguson, K. van Bakergem, and S. Hrisko, "Pilot study of an integrated cognitive-behavioral and self-management intervention for youth with epilepsy and caregivers: coping openly and personally with epilepsy (COPE)," Epilepsy & Behavior, Vol.18, No.3, pp.280-285, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.yebeh.2010.04.019
- L. J. Bauman, D. Drotar, J. M. Leventhal, E. C. Perrin, and I. B. Pless, "A review of psychosocial interventions for children with chronic health conditions," Pediatrics, Vol.100, No.2, pp.244-251, 1997. https://doi.org/10.1542/peds.100.2.244
- 김수영, 박지은, 서현주, 이윤재, 손희정, 장보형, 서혜선, 신채민, NECA 체계적 문헌고찰 매뉴얼, 한국보건의료연구원, 2011.
- K. D. Conant, A. K. Morgan, D. Muzykewicz, D. C. Clark, and E. A. Thiele, "A karate program for improving self-concept and quality of life in childhood epilepsy: results of a pilot study," Epilepsy & Behavior, Vol.12, No.1, pp.61-65, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.yebeh.2007.08.011
- K. Snead, J. Ackerson, K. Bailey, M. M. Schmitt, A. Madan-Swain, and R. C. Martin, "Taking charge of epilepsy: the development of a structured psychoeducational group intervention for adolescents with epilepsy and their parents," Epilepsy & Behavior, Vol.5, No.4, pp.547-556, 2004 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.yebeh.2004.04.012
- 신원철, 이태규, 정경천, "간질의 진단과 치료", 가정의학회지, 제21권, 제12호, pp.1483-1498, 2000.
- 고창준, 박재현, 강훈철, 고려원, "소아 간질 아동의 행동에 관한 연구", 장애아동연구소논문집, 제12권, pp.118-134, 1999.
- W. A. Hauser, J. F. Annegers, and L. T. Kurland, "Incidence of epilepsy and unprovoked seizures in Rochester, Minnesota: 1935-1984," Epilepsia, Vol.34, No.3, pp.453-468, 1993. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1528-1157.1993.tb02586.x
- J. K. Austin, G. A. Huster, D. W. Dunn, and M. W. Risinger, "Adolescents with active or inactive epilepsy or asthma: a comparison of quality of life," Epilepsia, Vol.37, No.12, pp.1228-1238, 1996. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1528-1157.1996.tb00558.x
- D. A. Sbarra, S. E. Rimm-Kaufman, and R. C. Pianta, "The behavioral and emotional correlates of epilepsy in adolescence: a 7-year follow-up study," Epilepsy & Behavior, Vol.3, No.4, pp.358-367, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1016/S1525-5050(02)00035-5
- 문성미, "간질을 가진 청소년의 사회 심리적 적응", 대한간호학회지, 제35권, 제1호, pp.16-26, 2005.
- Development and Evaluation of the Empowering A Self-Efficacy (EASE) Program for Children with Epilepsy vol.45, pp.1, 2015, https://doi.org/10.4040/jkan.2015.45.1.54