- Volume 14 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Evaluation of Image Quality using Monte Carlo Simulation in Digital Mammography System
디지털유방영상시스템에서 몬테카를로 시뮬레이션을 이용한 영상평가
- 김창수 (부산가톨릭대학교 보건과학대학 방사선학과) ;
- 강세식 (부산가톨릭대학교 보건과학대학 방사선학과) ;
- 김정훈 (부산가톨릭대학교 보건과학대학 방사선학과) ;
- 이진수 (인제대학교 해운대백병원 영상의학과)
- Received : 2014.03.04
- Accepted : 2014.04.28
- Published : 2014.06.28
For the purpose of early diagnosis of the breast cancer, the attention on the screening mammography has been increasing-with supply of digital mammography day by day. Image quality is decided by target materials and filter combinations. Optimized selection by a glandular density and a thickness is needed, because these combinations change x-ray spectrum and effect to image quality. The purpose of this study is to find out optimized target and filter combinations through the evaluation of quantitative image quality and to suggest means which minimize patient dose through MCNPX. In results, spatial frequency resolution evaluation which is quantitative image quality evaluation method, MTF, NPS, DQE shows that we have to select Mo/Mo combinations or Mo/Rh combinations when compressed breast is thin. but in case of that when compressed breast is thick, we have to select Rh/Rh combinations or W /Rh combinations. In a comprehensive evaluation, W!Rh combinations which are not used in thin breasts in practice was superior to all image quality evaluation. This result is somewhat different-with clinical examination results. Secondary end point was organ dose evaluation, radiation dose of opposite breast was approximately 47 ~73% effectiveness when selecting standard breast. In conculsion, the most important point is that we have to select the optimal combinations-with considering dose evaluation and various thickness.
Digital Mammography System;MCNPX;Evaluation of Image Quality;Evaluation of Organ Dose
Supported by : 부산가톨릭대학교
- J. G. Elmore, K. Amstrong, and C. D. Lhman, "Screening for breast cancer," JAMA, Vol.293, No.10, pp.1245-1256, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1001/jama.293.10.1245
- 김영숙, "일 지역 여대생의 유방자가 검진에 대한 지식, 태도 및 실천의 관계", 한국콘텐츠학회논문지, 제13권, 제6호, pp.350-360, 2013.
- 보건복지부 한국 중앙 암 등록 사업본부, 한국 중앙 암 등록사업 사례 보고서, 2002.
- 윤나리, 박용순, 동경래, 정운관, "자체제작 유방팬텀을 이용한 질환의 X선 검출능력에 관한 연구", 공학기술논문지, Vol.3, No.3, pp.305-309, 2010.
- 문우경, 유방초음파진단학, 일조각, 2006.
- 양한준, 고신관, 주미화, "유방촬영용 X선관 target/filter 조합에 따른 MTF 영상평가에 관한 고찰", 방사선기술과학, Vol.30, No.2, pp.113-119, 2007.
- D. R. Dance, C. L. Skinner, K. C. Young, J. R. Beckett, and C. J. Kotre, "Additional factors for the estimation of mean glandular breast dose using the UK mammography dosimetry protocol," Physics in Medicine Biology, Vol.45, No.11, pp.3225-3240, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1088/0031-9155/45/11/308
- R. L. Kruger and B. A. Schueler, "A survey of clinical factors and patient dose in mammography," Medical Physics, Vol.28, No.7, pp.1449-1454, 2001. https://doi.org/10.1118/1.1382606
- E. A. Berns, R. E. Hendrick, and G. R. Cutter, "Performance comparison of full-field digital mammography to screen-film mammography in clinical practice," Medical Physics, Vol.29, No.5, pp.830-834, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1118/1.1472497
- N. Jamal, Ng. KH, and D. McLean, "A study of mean glandular dose during diagnostic mammography in Malaysia and some of the factors affecting it," British Journal of Radiology, Vol.76, Issue904, pp.238-245, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1259/bjr/66428508
- GE Inc, Senographe DS Aquisition System Operator Manual, pp.45-105, 2007.
- 이진수, 디지털유방영상시스템에서 몬테카를로 시뮬레이션을 이용한 화질 및 선량평가, 부산가톨릭 대학교 박사학위논문, 2014.
- 오기근, 유방촬영 시 환자피폭선량 진단 참고준위 확립, 식품의약안전청, 용역연구사업 연구결과보고서, 2005.