- Volume 14 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
The Survey of Awareness and Necessity on Introduce Home Physical Therapy in the Long-term Care Insurance
노인장기요양보험제도 내 가정방문물리치료 도입에 관한 인식도 및 필요성 조사
- Received : 2014.03.12
- Accepted : 2014.04.12
- Published : 2014.06.28
This study aims to investigate the awareness and needs of patients as consumers and therapists as providers on the introduction of home physical therapy in the long-term care insurance. The survey participants were 96 patients and 132 physical therapists to a questionnaires, we analyzed for frequency of each questionnaire about awareness and necessity. As a result of the test, they considered that physical activity support services provided by nurse and nurses aid ware not specialized enough(pt 60,4%, PT 75,4%) and quality therapy should be available through a home physical therapy(pt 47.9%, PT 59.2%). Also, patients responded that the priorities to improve long-term care insurance were given to lowering expenses(35,4%) and expanding coverage of subjects(32.3%) while the physical therapists responded that professionals should be expanded(73.8%) and diverse rehabilitation services(20.2%) and a rehabilitation team should be introduced. They responded that the reasons of home physical therapy were needed that it was hard for patients to visit medical centers(PT 30.0%) themselves and it would be improvable for them to get physical function in elderly(pt 47.1%) through the service. In conclusion, as most patients as well as physical therapists responded that home visit therapy services should be introduced and their awareness of it was very high, it is suggested that the service should be quickly introduced as soon as possible.
Supported by : 광주보건대학교
- K. H. Jung, "living condition in Korea and Consciousness-A Research on the Status of the Elderly in 2011 concentrated on the result, Health.Welfare Issue & focus," Vol.147, 2012.
- Statistics Korean, Goverment statistics of elderly in 2010, Daejeon: Author, 2010.
- L. N. Gitlin, W. W. Hauck, L. Winter, M. P. Dennis, and R. Schulz, "Effect of an in-home occupational and physical therapy intervention on reducing mortality in functionally vulnerable older people: preliminary findings," J Am Geriatr Soc, Vol.54, No.6, pp.950-955, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1532-5415.2006.00733.x
- National Health Insurance Service, "Research of satisfaction and perception Long-term Care Insurance System, acceptance of an opinion in korean," 2012.
- National Health Insurance Service, "Research of satisfaction and perception Long-term Care Insurance System," 2008.
- R. P. Meyer, "Consider medical care at home," Geriatrics, Vol.64, No.6, pp.9-11, 2009.
- R. J. Park and D. U. Han, "Necessity and Features of Service Required for Home Visiting Physical Therapy by Activities of Daily Living," J Spec Educa & Rehabil Sci, Vol.39, No.2, pp.175-200, 2000.
- T. P. Stitik, M. F. Blacksin, D. M. Stiskal, J. H. Kim, P. M. Foye, L. Schoenherr, E. S. Choi, B. Chen, H. J. Saunders, and S. F. Nadler, "Efficacy and safety of hyaluronan treatment in combination therapy with home exercise for knee osteoarthritis pain," Arch Phys Med Rehabil, Vol.88, No.2, pp.135-141, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.apmr.2006.11.006
- M. Y. Pang, J. J. Eng, A. S. Dawson, H. A. McKay, and J. E. Harris, "A community-based fitness and mobility exercise program for older adults with chronic stroke: a randomized, controlled trial," J Am Geriatr Soc, Vol.53, No.10, pp.1667-1674, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1532-5415.2005.53521.x
- C. Anderson, C. N. Mhurchu, S. Rubenach, M. Clark, C. Spencer, and A. Winsor, "Home or hospital for stroke Rehabilitation? Results of a randomized controlled trial : II: cost minimization analysis at 6 months," Stroke, Vol.31, No.5, pp.1032-1037, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1161/01.STR.31.5.1032
- W. D. Sun and Y. H. Oh, "A study on Model Development of Integrated Health and Social Service System to Improve Activities of Daily Living of Older Persona," Korean Institute for Health and Social Affairs, pp.5-55, 2000.
- C. H. Yi, J. H. Weon, and J. Y. Ok, "House Visits by Physical Therapist and Patient Needs," KAUTPT, Vol.7, No.1, pp.64-78, 2000.
- K. J. Lee and J. S. Roh, "Research for the Inclusion of Home-Based Physical Therapy in Long-Term Care Insurance System of Physical Therapists in Elderly Care Facilities," J Korea Cont Associ, Vol.11, No.11, pp.231-240, 2011. https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2011.11.11.231
- S. J. Jung, H. S. Han, H. J. Lim, K. Y. Hong, C. W. Park, C. Y. Lim, and H. S. Shin, "Physical Therapists' Recognition about Home-Based Rehabilitation Therapy Services," J Korean Geriatr Soc, Vol.15, No.1, pp.37-46, 2011. https://doi.org/10.4235/jkgs.2011.15.1.37
- C. S. Ahn and W. J. Yu, "A Study Management and Satisfaction for Home Visiting Physical Therapy," Vol.7, No.3, pp.241-250, 2012. https://doi.org/10.13066/kspm.2012.7.3.241
- E. McCarthy, "Comprehensive home care for earlier hospital discharge," Nursing outlook, Vol.24, No.10, pp.625-630, 1992.
- D. W. Han, T. H. Moon, E. M. Lee, S. M. Jeon, and W. S. Jung, "Development of the system for Home Visiting Physical Therapy," J Korean Soc Phys Ther, Vol.17, No.1, pp.1-26, 2005.
- Ministry of Health & Welfare, "Public standard testbook of care workers," Ministry of Health & Welfare, 2008.
- T. H. Yoon, "Inclusion of Home-based Rehabilitation Services in the Long-Term Care Insurance-Review on the Home-based Physical Therapy in the OECD," The Korean Journal of Health Service Management, Vol.5, No.4, pp.161-175, 2011. https://doi.org/10.12811/kshsm.2011.5.4.161
- T. H. Yoon, A Study of the Inclusion of Home-based Physical Therapy in the Long Term Care Insurance, Seoul, Hanyang University, 2009.
- H. J. Kim, A Study for the Introduction of Home Rehabilitation Service in the Long Term Care Insurance System for the Elderly, Gyeongsangnamdo, Inje University, 2010.
- T. Y. Youn, A study of the inclusion of home-based physical therapy services in the long term care insurance, Seoul, Hanyang University, 2002.