- Volume 14 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Analysis of Market Share using Brand Switching Matrix in the Korean Mobile Market
상표전환행렬을 이용한 이동통신 시장점유율 분석
- Received : 2014.02.17
- Accepted : 2014.03.12
- Published : 2014.06.28
In the Korean mobile market, the mobile phone has reach the stage of maturity in terms of demand. Since the long-term evolution(LTE) service was introduced in 2011, there have been drastic changes in the market structure. The purpose of this paper is to examine the user intension of brand switching, to analyse the market share among 3 major mobile service companies using the brand switching matrix and to provide some insights. The results show that the smartphone subscriber rate provided by Ministry of Science, lCT and Future Planning agrees with the market share by brand switching matrix of this study. The potential rate of costumer retention would be arranges in order of SKT>KT>LGU+. The preference of mobile service company on switch be in order of SKT>KT>LGU+. The future market share be SKT 63.55%, KT 21.99%, LGU+ 14.36%. The potential rate of costumer retention fell sharply over the past year, suggesting the drastic fluctuations in market share for a while.
- E. M. Rogers, Diffusion of Innovations, 4th eds, New York: The Free Press, 2002.
- 방송통신위원회, http://www.kcc.go.kr, 2013.
- 박영호, 오완근, "이동통신시장 경쟁상황 평가를 위한 지수 개발과 적용", 기술혁신학회지, 제9권, 제4호, pp.796-611, 2006
- 한국통신사업자연합회 KTOA, www.ktoa.or.kr, 2013.
- 한국생산성본부, http://www.kpc.or.kr, 2013.
- J. Hofmeyr, "The Conversion Model-A New Foundation for Strategic Planning in Marketing," 3rd Emac/Esomar Symposium, "New Ways in Marketing and Marketing Research," Athens, 1990.
- J. Lofland, Doomsday Cult, Irvington Press, New York, 1997.
- J. Rice and J. Hofmeyr, "Segmentation Using Conversion Theory," 12th SAMRA Convention, "Marketing to the Southern African Consumer of the 1990's", Swaziland, 1990.
- A. A. Kuehn, "Consumer Brand Choice-A Learning Process?," Journal of Advertising Research, 2(December), pp.10-17, 1962.
- D. G. Morrison, "Testing Brand-Switching Models," Journal of Marketing Research, 3(November), pp.401-409, 1966. https://doi.org/10.2307/3149859
- A. P. Jeuland, "Brand Choice Inertia as One Aspect of the notion of Brand Loyalty," Management Science, 25(July), pp.671-682, 1979. https://doi.org/10.1287/mnsc.25.7.671
- A. P. Jeuland, "Brand Preference Over Time: A Partially Deterministic Operationalization of the Notion of Variety-Seeking," Proceedings, Educators' Conference, Series No.43, Chicago: American Marketing Association, 1978.
- L. McAlister, "A Dynamic Attribute Satiation Model of Variety-Seeking Behavior," Journal of Consumer Research, 9(September), pp.141-150, 1982. https://doi.org/10.1086/208907
- J. M. Lattin and L. McAlister,"Using a Variety-Seeking Model to Identify Substitute and Complementary Relationships Among Competing Products," Journal of Marketing Research, 22(August), pp.330-339, 1985. https://doi.org/10.2307/3151429
- M. Givon, "Variety Seeking Through Brand Switching," Marketing Science, 3(Winter), pp.1-22,1984. https://doi.org/10.1287/mksc.3.1.1
- B. E. Kahn, M. U. Kalwani, and D. G. Morrison, "Measuring Variety-Seeking and Reinforcement Behaviors Using Panel Data," Journal of Marketing Research, 23(May), pp.89-100, 1986. https://doi.org/10.2307/3151656
- R. A. Colombo and D. G. Morrison, "A Brand Switching Model with Implications for Marketing Strategies," Marketing Science, 8(Winter), pp.89-99, 1989. https://doi.org/10.1287/mksc.8.1.89
- R. F. Bordley, "Relaxing the Loyalty Condition in the Colombo/Morrison Model," Marketing Science, 8(Winter), pp.100-10, 1989. https://doi.org/10.1287/mksc.8.1.100
- 신유근, 경영학원론, 다산출판사, 2002.
- 박병진, "한국 제조업의 시장점유율 안정성 분석", 한국경상논집, 제17권, 제3호, pp.147-162, 2000.
- 서란주, 김진수, "기술혁신, 시장점유율 및 기업 가치 간의 관계분석", 산업경제연구,제24권, 제5호, pp.3211-3226, 2011.
- 원지성, "지배확률과 생존확률이 브랜드의 시장점유율에 미치는 영향에 대한 이론적 연구", 상품학연구, 제29권, 제4호, pp.19-32, 2011.
- 이승민, 정희경, "휴대전화 구매의도에 영향을 미치는 요인", 한국콘텐츠학회논문지, Vol.11, No.9, pp.294-301, 2011. https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2011.11.9.293
- 이훈영, SPSS를 이용한 데이터분석, 도서출판청람, 2009.