- Volume 14 Issue 6
This study was conducted as an need analysis through close and open semi-structured surveys, in order to identify the adaptive elements of the adaptive e-learning system. The study was conducted on students majoring computer education in teacher's college. In terms of the process of the need analysis, Rossett Model was applied. For the research method, responses on the open questionnaire were analyzed. In terms of the analysis method, coding was used to extract the theme of the content, and through the constant comparison method, categorizing took place. As the element that offers adaption in the adaptive learning system, it escapes from the existing learning style, and recognized the importance of providing adaptability for different elements such as the learner's level, learning objectives, and learning contents. Especially, An instructional model was identified as an important element that helps reach rationality as well as efficiently conduct the learning objectives.
Requirement Analysis;Adaptive Learning System;Needs Analysis;Open Questionnaire;Rossett Model
- R. Byars, "A Needs Assessment Evaluation of the Suitability of e-learning Options in Teaching Hotel Management," Evaluation of e-Learning for Best Practice, July, pp.1-28, 2009.
- A. Sutcliffe, S, Thew, and P. Jarvis, "Experience with User-centered Requirements Engineering," Requirements Engineering, Vol.16, No.4, pp.267-280, 2011. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00766-011-0118-z
- D. H. Jonassen, "Aptitude-versus Content-treatment Interactions, Implication for Instructional Designs," Journal of Instructional Development, Vol.5, No.4, pp.15-27, 1982. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF02905228
- 최미나, "고등교육에서 e-러닝 강의에 대한 교수 및 학생의 인식과 요구 분석-C대학 사례를 중심으로", 한국교육개발 연구, 제24권, 제3호, pp.95-129, 2007.
- C. Phillips, S. Chen, G. Kochakji, and K. Greene, "Why Are Online Students Dropping Out? A Needs Assessment Report," Proceedings of the Society for Information Technology and Teacher Education, pp.3001-3006, 2004.
- J. E. Gilbert and C. Y. Han, "Adapting Instruction in Search of a Significant Difference," Journal of Network and Computer Applications, Vol.22, 1999.
- C. A. Carver, R. A. Howard, and E. Lavelle, "Enhancing Student Learning by Incorporating Learning Styles into Adaptive Hypermedia," Proceedings of ED-MEDIA '96World Conf. on Educational Multimedia and Hypermedia, pp.118-123, 1996.
- E. Triantafillou, A. Pomportsis, and E. Georgiadou, "AESCS: Adaptive Educational System base on Cognitive Styles," Proceedings of the AH2002 Workshop, pp.10-20, 2002.
- M. Grigoriadou, K. Papanikolaou, H. Kornilakis, and G. Magoulas, "INSPIRE: an Intelligent System for Personalized Instruction in a Remote Environment," Proceedings of 3rd Workshop on Adaptive Hypertext and Hypermedia, pp.13-24, 2001.
- A. Rossett, Training Needs Assessment, Educational Technology Publications, 1987.
- S. H. Song and J. M. Keller, "Effectiveness of Motivationally Adaptive Computer-assisted Instruction on the Dynamic Aspects of Motivation," Educational Technology, Research and Development, Vol.49, No.2, pp.5-22, 2001.
- J. Lee and O. Park, "Adaptive Instructional Systems," In J. M. Spector, M. D. Meriil, I. J. Van Merrienboer and M Driscoll (Eds.), Handbook or Research on Educational Communications and Technology (3rd Eds., 69-484), Taylor & Francis, 2008.
- 김미혜, "FCA 개념 망에 기반을 둔 적응형 학습시스템", 한국콘텐츠학회논문지, 제10권, 제10호, pp.480-493, 2010.
- J. C. Tseng, H. C. Chu, G. J. Hwang, C. J. Hwang, and C. C. Tasi, "Development of an Adaptive Learning System with Two Sources of Personalization Information," Computer & Education, Vol.51, pp.776-786, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.compedu.2007.08.002
- J. Grant, "Learning Needs Assessment: Assessing the Need," British Medical Journal, Vol.324, pp.156-159, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.324.7330.156
- W. Rothwell and H. C. Kazanas, Masteringthe Instructional Design Process: A Systematic Approach (2nd Ed.), Jossey-Bass Pfeiffer, 1998.
- 궁상환, 이재기, 남궁한, "UML을 활용한 GLORY의 기능적 요구사항 분석 및 검증", 한국콘텐츠학회 논문지, 제8권, 제5호, pp.61-71, 2008. https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2008.8.5.061